What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: I've Created a Monster

DJDL

Bench
My wife has always watched Sharks games with me, but this year she has really started to get into it.
We watch every game together and she's at the point she knows most of the "high profile" players names, regardless of who they play for.
She's starting to understand the rules more.
Getting an understanding of strategy and game plans (the decision last night to not take the 2 towards the end as an example).
She's even interested to go back to Oz for Magic Round one day.

Then this morning, while I'm trying to enjoy my coffee and read over the forum, she saw the link one of you guys posted of the Tom Petty "Won't Back Down" in the sheds and wanted to watch it.
It didn't render too well off the forum, so I went to the Sharks website to watch it there (only Up Up unfortunately).

Anyway, we watched the team song and this is where the trouble began.
Then she saw the video thumbnail for the press conference and said "I want to watch that".
So we did.
Then she saw the one for Nicho's post-match interview and said "I want to watch that".
So we did.
Then another one.
And another one.
And another.

Eventually it's like "will you just piss off and let me enjoy my coffee and read the forum!" hahaha.

Eion

First Grade
You have created a monster. Next step is podcasts. Keep the forum sacred mate

My wife has always watched Sharks games with me, but this year she has really started to get into it.
We watch every game together and she's at the point she knows most of the "high profile" players names, regardless of who they play for.
She's starting to understand the rules more.
Getting an understanding of strategy and game plans (the decision last night to not take the 2 towards the end as an example).
She's even interested to go back to Oz for Magic Round one day.

Then this morning, while I'm trying to enjoy my coffee and read over the forum, she saw the link one of you guys posted of the Tom Petty "Won't Back Down" in the sheds and wanted to watch it.
It didn't render too well off the forum, so I went to the Sharks website to watch it there (only Up Up unfortunately).

Anyway, we watched the team song and this is where the trouble began.
Then she saw the video thumbnail for the press conference and said "I want to watch that".
So we did.
Then she saw the one for Nicho's post-match interview and said "I want to watch that".
So we did.
Then another one.
And another one.
And another.

Eventually it's like "will you just piss off and let me enjoy my coffee and read the forum!" hahaha.
Mate she’s a keeper!

Nothing wrong with your wife loving the Sharks and the NRL.

You’ve struck gold!

DJDL

Bench
Mate she’s a keeper!

Nothing wrong with your wife loving the Sharks and the NRL.

You’ve struck gold!

She loves all sport.
10 years or so ago she had a serious back injury and was off work for about a year.

She ended up a cricket tragic and got right into it.
I could come home from work and she’d fill me in on everything.

Frenzy.

Immortal
We dont have any girls here do we? Sign her up!
Nellshark is in occasionally.

Wouldn't know if there are others.

We should all have to use our preferred genders in our signatures or get the admins to change everyones name to reflect their gender.

Because I am so pro wokey dokey, don't know who to pokey

shadowboxer

First Grade
@Eion @bluefox68 there is NO WAY I'm showing her how to use the forum!
In my favour, she is tech-averse and has no idea how to use the internet, nor much desire to learn.
Good first post Mrs DJDL.
My good wife is watching the game next to me right now, more so than me as I’m browsing the last few days on here.
Great companion in alerting anything of interest - ie- check out Munsters groin….

Quigs

Immortal
Speaking of wrestlers, I've just stumbled onto an SBS on demand series called Territories. The shows episodes have four old wrestlers (from the days when it was fair dinkum) sitting around a table telling and sharing yarns about the old day wrestling in the different parts of the States and Canada.

It is good for a laugh and some great reminiscing

MV5BZTI0Nzk4N2UtNjAyZS00NjE3LWE1OWQtMzdjZmEwN2VhODFmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEwMTQ0Njk3._V1_.jpg

Latest posts