What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Joe Biden

Leber

Bench
I’m certainly more of a republican than democrat, but I don’t like trump. I reckon they should have given Haley the nomination.

Reactions: JJ

ozenzud

Juniors
Holy shit. Didn't expect a political debate on rugby league site! Though RL has always been the sport of the working class, left leaning usually. What absolutely stuns me, in the US, how the working people support an alleged billionaire who introduces policies that promote the elites. By promoting racist, sexist, right wing rubbish. Very weird country. Trump is an absolute moron with no idea. I genuinely fear for people in the world if he gets in again.

Matua

Bench
The US is f**ked. They see themselves as this great beacon of light in the world that we all look to, yet we're watching as they slowly turn into a mix of a fascistic theocracy.

And I'm not just talking at the high levels of govt, but the nutso stuff down below with book bannings, firing librarians for wanting a range of books that the nutsos don't like, religious domination f school boards, the attack on the LGBTQ+ community, not to mention states not allowing raped teens to get abortions.

I'm glad I did a lot of travelling round the country in the late 90s because I've got no desire to visit that cesspit now.

I listened to a lot of the debate at work and I don't think Biden was as bad in actual debating points as is being made out - but you can't fight the orange man with facts because the populous in that country don't give a shit about facts.

Meth

Staff member
What absolutely stuns me, in the US, how the working people support an alleged billionaire who introduces policies that promote the elites.

Yes, because they buy into (or at least, are sold) the idea of trickle-down economics.

Meth

Staff member
I listened to a lot of the debate at work and I don't think Biden was as bad in actual debating points as is being made out

No, it's basically about his lack of mental sharpness which is a genuine concern. It's not merely cosmetic. The Democrats are trying to pull off a 'Weekend at Bernies' caper

Apparently, Biden has a week to convince the party that he can be the candidate.

Meth

Staff member
I’m certainly more of a republican than democrat, but I don’t like trump.

Just another way of saying that you're a republican. Trump isn't a republican. MAGA is a third party in a land which doesn't tolerate third parties.

Meth

Staff member
My respect for Mitt Romney has grown over the last several years. Principled enough to call out Trump, at personal expense.

JJ

Immortal
Just another way of saying that you're a republican. Trump isn't a republican. MAGA is a third party in a land which doesn't tolerate third parties.
Yeah, the Republicans have provided most of the great presidents, starting with Lincoln… whatever this clusterf**k is isn’t them…. Of course there are good arguments that Biden has been as bad a President as Trump… it’s all pretty amazing tbh

Meth

Staff member
Of course there are good arguments that Biden has been as bad a President as Trump… it’s all pretty amazing tbh

Yes, I'd agree.

I think Biden is a better person, but he isn't who he was and as sharp as he was when he was the VP. He wasn't 4 years ago and he certainly isn't now.

JJ

Immortal
Yes, I'd agree.

I think Biden is a better person, but he isn't who he was and as sharp as he was when he was the VP. He wasn't 4 years ago and he certainly isn't now.
Old Joe seems like a decent person for someone who’s reached the top of politics, but he’s past his use by date…. The fact a prosecutor wouldn’t progress as he’d present as a ‘well meaning old man with memory problems’ was exactly what was self evident in the debate. He’s clearly not fit for the role, of course neither is Trump…. Sadly neither party seems able to sort this shit out, which is tragically comical

Matua

Bench
No, it's basically about his lack of mental sharpness which is a genuine concern. It's not merely cosmetic. The Democrats are trying to pull off a 'Weekend at Bernies' caper

Apparently, Biden has a week to convince the party that he can be the candidate.
I think you and I agree broadly but I think we differ in the following response to this one and your separation of MAGA from Republicans.

My comment you responded to was more about the fact that the facts don't matter in the US than about Biden's doddery and even in a doddery performance he still put up facts. Agree with you that he's not as sharp as he was when he was VP, and agree the dems should have punted him ages ago, but they didn't.

On the Republicans, you can't separate them from MAGA now, MAGA have taken over the party, either through sheer numbers or the old school Republicans falling into line. The guys like Romney etc who are pushing back are in the minority, if they weren't then Trump wouldn't be the candidate.

Meth

Staff member
I think you and I agree broadly but I think we differ in the following response to this one and your separation of MAGA from Republicans.

My comment you responded to was more about the fact that the facts don't matter in the US than about Biden's doddery and even in a doddery performance he still put up facts. Agree with you that he's not as sharp as he was when he was VP, and agree the dems should have punted him ages ago, but they didn't.

On the Republicans, you can't separate them from MAGA now, MAGA have taken over the party, either through sheer numbers or the old school Republicans falling into line. The guys like Romney etc who are pushing back are in the minority, if they weren't then Trump wouldn't be the candidate.

oh yeah, I was actually agreeing with you in my response. But yes, I agree- MAGA has control of the America right, so they have basically redefined it…at least for now

Dark Corner

Juniors
The US is f**ked. They see themselves as this great beacon of light in the world that we all look to, yet we're watching as they slowly turn into a mix of a fascistic theocracy.

And I'm not just talking at the high levels of govt, but the nutso stuff down below with book bannings, firing librarians for wanting a range of books that the nutsos don't like, religious domination f school boards, the attack on the LGBTQ+ community, not to mention states not allowing raped teens to get abortions.

I'm glad I did a lot of travelling round the country in the late 90s because I've got no desire to visit that cesspit now.

I listened to a lot of the debate at work and I don't think Biden was as bad in actual debating points as is being made out - but you can't fight the orange man with facts because the populous in that country don't give a shit about facts.
I wish the country never existed in the first place as we had to put up with the whole world revoles around the USA be politics, wars, entertainment etc....it must one of the few countries around the world that has never been invaded or had wars on it's shores for the past 150 years.

Dark Corner

Juniors
Yeah, the Republicans have provided most of the great presidents, starting with Lincoln… whatever this clusterf**k is isn’t them…. Of course there are good arguments that Biden has been as bad a President as Trump… it’s all pretty amazing tbh
In what way was Trump bad comapred to say 2 Bushes, Clintons and Obama and what wars did Trump start or put his orange head into.