What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Joe Biden

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I’d also say the left has gone through its own equal and opposite redefinition.
Not to the same extent - the Dems have been centre-right ever since I remember, their current platform doesn’t differ a lot from the Clinton/Obama years. The actual left wing of the DNC (Bernie, AOC, Omar etc) are kept largely sidelined as they always have been.

Meth

Staff member
Not to the same extent - the Dems have been centre-right ever since I remember, their current platform doesn’t differ a lot from the Clinton/Obama years. The actual left wing of the DNC (Bernie, AOC, Omar etc) are kept largely sidelined as they always have been.

I’m not sure I was referring to the party as much as the populace, but it’s a fair point any way. Maybe the right have embraced their fringes and sidelined their sensibles, while the left have sidelined their fringes (and, it seems, embraced their seniles)

But in the populace, the progressive left seems to be a shit show

Meth

Staff member
Then again, I’m just seeing what I see occasionally on the news. I’m not at the grocery stores or whatever.

I’m in the States in a few weeks- will be interesting to see.

Was there last year and went to a few different places. New York, which I’ve been to several times, was a mess!

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I’m not sure I was referring to the party as much as the populace, but it’s a fair point any way. Maybe the right have embraced their fringes and sidelined their sensibles, while the left have sidelined their fringes (and, it seems, embraced their seniles)

But in the populace, the progressive left seems to be a shit show
If by the progressive left you mean the idpol types, they really don’t have the same influence in government as they do in the media. They make a lot of noise but that’s really it.

Then again, I’m just seeing what I see occasionally on the news. I’m not at the grocery stores or whatever.

I’m in the States in a few weeks- will be interesting to see.

Was there last year and went to a few different places. New York, which I’ve been to several times, was a mess!
A mess as in physical rubbish and homeless or organisational like road work, public transport etc.

sup42

Juniors
What do you guys make of the Supreme court ruling?

Most cynics of the court expected a muddy waters non committal ruling on presidential immunity, or at least some attempt to appear impartial to the current threat of the US having a fascist leader and Judiciary.

Many Americans will be in shock, a core will be celebrating, until one day a future President who is not their guy abuses his official powers to affect their lives with impunity.

Personally I believe the SCOTUS just lost Donald Trump the election by weaponizing the narrative that he is planning on being a dictator for life.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

Most cynics of the court expected a muddy waters non committal ruling on presidential immunity, or at least some attempt to appear impartial to the current threat of the US having a fascist leader and Judiciary.

Many Americans will be in shock, a core will be celebrating, until one day a future President who is not their guy abuses his official powers to affect their lives with impunity.

Personally I believe the SCOTUS just lost Donald Trump the election by weaponizing the narrative that he is planning on being a dictator for life.
I mean coming from our part of the world where you wouldn’t think twice about prosecuting a PM if they did something crooked in power it seems totally nuts. But the US is weird, who the hell knows.

It's really interesting.
George Bush probably committed some war crimes?
Obama ordered the killing of Bin Laden?
Clinton..... well.

It's pretty stupid you can't be held accountable, some extremes would be assassinating political opponents as you deem them a threat to *********.
Lets not mention JFK.

Latest posts