What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[OT] Mundines the Man!

SerbDragon

Coach
Anthony Mundine has won his third world title after claiming Daniel Geale's IBO middleweight crown in Brisbane on Wednesday night.
Mundine (36-3 record) looked like having an early night after knocking Geale down early in the second of the scheduled 12 rounds.
But Sydney-based Tasmanian Geale recovered to hold his own against "The Man" and go the distance, only to lose by a split decision.
It was the first loss in Geale's 22-fight professional career.

mundine_wideweb__470x334,0.jpg

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2009/05/27/1243103596147.html

tokerShark

Juniors
what a joke of a result, geale won that fight IMO, mundine continually stopped the fight to have his glove re-tapped and should of had a point deducted, and geale was not awarded a knockdown that was ruled as a slip. i thought it was a top fight, just a disapointing finish

Last edited:

MattYg1

Bench
I was going to say now he wont shut up but upon thinking about it i really dont think there is a circumstance where he would shut up...

Cooper-Man

Bench
mundine only won cause they didnt count geales knock down. Its bullsh*t. You could hear khodar the whole time saying "dont worry about the judges". Come on serb, you know it is rigged when choc is doing the promotion.

SET2JT

Juniors
so i take it your not a fan of mundine?
i was a big fan of mundine till he fought naida handen (spelling)he should be fighting better fighters in the u.s any way todays fight he was xtreamly lucky to win and not just by 1 point.my view on the fight was he lost every round from 2 till 9 so how did he win?

SerbDragon

Coach
well im a fan.. and no i havent seen the fight. but he has the title. some say it was geales fight..others say yeah choc got it....and the end of the day, its about the title, and chocs got it regardless of what anyone says.

its a bit like the bulldogs scoring in the 79th minute syndrome goin on right now.

SerbDragon

Coach
From the other forum:

Wake up to yourself champ..

You might want to make yourself a cup of tea and rewatch the fight. Hitting gloves does not constitute scoring points and while I think the rounds were close (very close), Choc for the most part landed more scoring points.

The slip in round 9 should have counted as a knock down for Geale.. He did slip, but you can't even debate that when there has been a scoring punch made just prior which Geale did. But still, Mundine should/would have been ahead.

Tony Raymond is no boxing commentator! No point listening to his bullsh*t.

Don't expect StHammer to give Mundine any credit as the sitting toilet dribbler has far too much bias to offer any opinion worth noting.

Both fighters tired late in the fight but that was a very very good boxing match as I expected it to be.

I liked Geale before tonight. After this fight, I am an even bigger fan.

What's next for Choc? I'm not sure about a rematch as I'm sure the leech Danny Green will be pushing for something but I'd like to see Green fight Geale. Would be another hammering for Green.

Mundine needs to fight overseas. It is now or f**kin never. Take your pick.

I can understand why most people hate Choc.. I don't. But when we are talking about boxing ability. The guy has it and continues to show it. For that, he deserves some credit.

SET2JT

Juniors
well im a fan.. and no i havent seen the fight. but he has the title. some say it was geales fight..others say yeah choc got it....and the end of the day, its about the title, and chocs got it regardless of what anyone says.

its a bit like the bulldogs scoring in the 79th minute syndrome goin on right now.
for me i didnt know the other guy still dont know his name i didnt care who won but watching it and by the reactions of the other guys in the pub mundine is very lucky to win and if i was him i wouldnt be too happy with that performance. his tape came off every round and he calles himself a pro ffs

Xplosive

Juniors
Good fighter who now has 3 paper titles next to his name.
Still has not beaten any of the real best in middleweight or Super Middleweight.
He has the talent but is very tentative and will get punnished for it against real top rank fighters in the middleweight division

CreaghzyMark

Juniors
for me i didnt know the other guy still dont know his name i didnt care who won but watching it and by the reactions of the other guys in the pub mundine is very lucky to win and if i was him i wouldnt be too happy with that performance. his tape came off every round and he calles himself a pro ffs

raffa nadal drops his tennis racket during a grand slam does that mean he drops his world number one standing?

if jonathon thurstons head gear comes off over and over again in a match is he not good enough to make origin?

if my mum doesnt cook dinnner for me tonight should i kick her out of the house?

my point is so what if his tape came off. do you want his opponent to recieve a point every time his tape came off, what about every time mundine took a step, i mean mundine done alot more running around then him so why dont we all cry about that to. i loved choc when he was with us and when he left yeah i was sh*tty but ive moved on as did he and he may not be the greatest boxer in the world like he thinks he is but damn cut him some slack. he has lost three fights yeah i know he hasnt versed tough competetors all the time but he is proving he can box.

OurRedV

Juniors
"Fight Night 4"... ha ha ha.

Anyone see the Red V in the crowd? How good did it look!

Go Thommo too!

Doug2234

First Grade
Choc can fight but he should not have won last night. Im a fan of Mundine but he was a beaten man last night and should not have won. Suggest you watch the fight Serb and you will see he was lucky to get away with it.

Continual tape coming off the gloves to stop any momentum that Geale could get and the knock down that was ruled as a slip was disgusting!

Mundine did NOT land as many scoring punches and it was even for the most part.

SerbDragon

Coach
Derek Milham awarding the result 116-113 to Mundine, Richard Green giving it to Geale 115-113 and Marcus McConnell declaring in favour of the 34-year-old former WBA super-middleweight champion by 114-113.

Doug2234

First Grade
Yes and if Derek and Marcus recognised that the slip was a knock down then would have added and extra two points (1 point each) to Geale.

Resulting in Geale winning by 1 point!

Doug2234

First Grade
Im surprise Dessy Hasler hasnt blown up over the scorers for this fight!

He seems to have a whinge over eveything these days!

Latest posts