What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ot: No API no cry.

sladden road

Juniors
No Api, no cry.
Welcome back to the pack.

imagine getting beat by st Helen’s .
Imagine Manly letting API go…

imagine the pennies letting API go….
Arrogance .

Welcome back.
Cotter.

Last edited:

Chimp

Bench
I think the Panthers fans are underestimating how big of a loss Api and Kikau will be.
Api is the best 9 in the comp - he plays at a really high tempo, has them on the front foot on every play the ball, it’s all a snowball affect - his potential running threat, coupled with his deception gives his forwards that half a yard of space that allows them to get on the front foot, which then enables a quick play the ball, which then means the next tackle has another half yard of space/time, defence is back peddling constantly. Their forwards will be nowhere near as dominant without him.
Then Kikau, he’s their main threat out wide; he attracts defenders, which in turn creates time and space for Luai - Luai has been known to go missing in tough/close games anyway, he’s a flat track bully - I predict he’ll have a very poor season this year without Kikau as his foil.
They’ll also miss both those players in defence - Api creates their line speed, and Kikau is a terrific wide defender. There’s no bodyguard now - Luke Garner just ain’t the same threat in attack or defence.

sladden road

Juniors
I think the Panthers fans are underestimating how big of a loss Api and Kikau will be.
Api is the best 9 in the comp - he plays at a really high tempo, has them on the front foot on every play the ball, it’s all a snowball affect - his potential running threat, coupled with his deception gives his forwards that half a yard of space that allows them to get on the front foot, which then enables a quick play the ball, which then means the next tackle has another half yard of space/time, defence is back peddling constantly. Their forwards will be nowhere near as dominant without him.
Then Kikau, he’s their main threat out wide; he attracts defenders, which in turn creates time and space for Luai - Luai has been known to go missing in tough/close games anyway, he’s a flat track bully - I predict he’ll have a very poor season this year without Kikau as his foil.
They’ll also miss both those players in defence - Api creates their line speed, and Kikau is a terrific wide defender. There’s no bodyguard now - Luke Garner just ain’t the same threat in attack or defence.
Yep agree. Without Api there was more pressure on the chins kicking game. Without Kikau, who to be fair I didnt rate as high as Api, they looked impotent on the left. It is shaping up to be a very even comp.

But we have the lord of lords, the most high king of wet hair.
Nico.

Frenzy.

Immortal
So, Tigers vs Bulldogs in the GF?

BTW, the Panthers have released Api twice now. Souths, Penrith, Manly, Penrith, Tigers.

Penrith suck, in so many ways.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Agree on all comments. They looked underwhelming for sure, not the same team they have been but that was expected. I still think they will be hard to beat throughout the year.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
There’s a few early crow’s in here. Kikau and Api are huge losses yes but I can still see them coming in the top 4. Koroisau is a bigger loss than Kikau imo

shadowboxer

First Grade
Yeah I don’t get the hate. Aside from Luai - anyone who starts comparing themselves the Micheal Jordan needs to have a long look at themselves through a schooner glass.
flog

sladden road

Juniors
To be frank, when I posted this I was angry. I had faith in the Riff to get it done. They have been an outstanding team. Lifted the game to another level. But losing to the Saints was dire.
unaustralian.

Also, API is a gun.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Will take the pennies some time to evolve post Api.

What I expect to see is the Tigers make the finals.

That is how much a difference a great dummy half makes, injury make void, next best is park quality.

Will take the pennies some time to evolve post Kikau.

He will not make much difference to the bulldogs, no spine to use him correctly, best backrower in the game for mine, but a backrower.

Bulldogs to be much the same in 2023, shyte spine.