What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: NRL Player Working Week

DJDL

Bench
I've been wondering this for a while, and with all the RPLA news lately it's got me wondering again.

What does the average work week look like for a player?

Excluding game day, what is their week filled with?
How many hours per day are they training or working on their game?
What is provided for them while they are training?
Do they have meals prepared?
Anything else?

Quigs

Immortal
GettyImages-1078856836-e1592662624702.jpg

Those are good questions . I know Im going off at a tangent here but I think the players and their associations agents etc ,will be bringing the focus to proportion of revenue generated that actually goes to players . Sorry I cant remember where I saw it but there was recently a list of percentage of revenue generated by the sport compared to percent paid to players , Going on Average wages , comparing different professional sports around the world . I think European soccer was best at about 50%, NBA was high . NRL was way way down the list. something like 20%

Quigs

Immortal
My old man was a shire garbo for decades back in the day. He often had Sharky boyz on his run chasin' the truck.

DJDL

Bench
I just read where Doggies players are supposedly unhappy at being required to "be around training" from 8am to 5:30pm.

Is that standard?
And how many days a week?

While I'm on the subject of the Dogs, apparently they're chasing Kurt Mann for next year.
The scatter-gun approach to recruitment continues.

So far they've got:
Stephen Crighton
Blake Taaffe
Jaemon Salmon
Bronson Xerri

They look to be firming as 2024 spoon favourites for mine.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I just read where Doggies players are supposedly unhappy at being required to "be around training" from 8am to 5:30pm.

Is that standard?

While I'm on the subject of the Dogs, apparently they're chasing Kurt Mann for next year.

So far they've got:
Stephen Crighton
Blake Taaffe
Jaemon Salmon
Bronson Xerri

Bulldogs should be coming last. They are far and away the worst team in the comp.

Frenzy.

Immortal

Is that standard?

So far they've got:
Stephen Crighton
Blake Taaffe
Jaemon Salmon
Bronson Xerri

I'd require something like that. Unless they are doing education, charity work, rehab, recovery etc for the amount they are paid they should do what their employer wants for the most part. Softcocks

PJ

First Grade
Those are good questions . I know Im going off at a tangent here but I think the players and their associations agents etc ,will be bringing the focus to proportion of revenue generated that actually goes to players . Sorry I cant remember where I saw it but there was recently a list of percentage of revenue generated by the sport compared to percent paid to players , Going on Average wages , comparing different professional sports around the world . I think European soccer was best at about 50%, NBA was high . NRL was way way down the list. something like 20%

Pretty sure at least one of the US major sports has this model and I thought I'd read it was around 51% to players.

I agree fully with this model, and make it for the girls as well so then we can take the equal pay stuff out, but only what they bring in.

Aren't a lot of the teams still subsidised by club pokies?

Last edited:

Stake Removed

First Grade

Is that standard?

So far they've got:
Stephen Crighton
Blake Taaffe
Jaemon Salmon
Bronson Xerri

Okenbeaur as well unless he is now out the door, with the Dogs anything is possible

Stake Removed

First Grade
Xbox, Instagram, hair and tattoo appointments, selfies, online gambling.

They should all be studying something.

Spoilt brats, totally mollycoddled.
A few are studying how to be a podcaster.

How about man bag appointments got to have the correct bag.

Eyebrow appointment popular in qld