What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Olympics.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I actually feel sorry for Raygun, people are saying she killed breaking as an Olympic sport when that decision was actually made well before the games kicked off.
That wouldn't be true, but she's certainly done nothing for breaking as a sport in general. Sponsors won't be as keen to get involved in a sport that was a laughing stock across the world.

Eric the Eel, I reckon, would be received well. They give exemption spots to minor nations in a number of sports, where it doesn't ruin the spectacle of the other people in the race. This was the case in the 100m, one women's athlete ran a 16sec (?) 100m (or 14, I forget) because her nation got a spot, she was a marathon runner but they entered her in the 100m instead. Eric was nothing like Ray Gun, who was from a major nation, an absolute disgrace, and they had to have hundreds of people better than her who could've done the event some service.

Our canoe kayak team or whatever they were, that was a joke, too. You can get it away with it when your Equatorial Guinea and it's a big thing to have people at the Olympics, but us sending two guys who got smoked by 100s of metres in a 500m race, is painful and a waste of money.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
That wouldn't be true, but she's certainly done nothing for breaking as a sport in general. Sponsors won't be as keen to get involved in a sport that was a laughing stock across the world.

Eric the Eel, I reckon, would be received well. They give exemption spots to minor nations in a number of sports, where it doesn't ruin the spectacle of the other people in the race. This was the case in the 100m, one women's athlete ran a 16sec (?) 100m (or 14, I forget) because her nation got a spot, she was a marathon runner but they entered her in the 100m instead. Eric was nothing like Ray Gun, who was from a major nation, an absolute disgrace, and they had to have hundreds of people better than her who could've done the event some service.

Our canoe kayak team or whatever they were, that was a joke, too. You can get it away with it when your Equatorial Guinea and it's a big thing to have people at the Olympics, but us sending two guys who got smoked by 100s of metres in a 500m race, is painful and a waste of money.
Apparently in some weird rule, those 2 guys had to participate in that race so we could have a K4 team

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Apparently in some weird rule, those 2 guys had to participate in that race so we could have a K4 team
Yeah, I did hear that. To me, if you don't qualify under your own steam, don't go. The K4 500 team that qualified came 8th and last in the final - Canoe Racing NZ can argue that's a positive given they made a final, but when you consider we also bank-rolled that S storm in the C2, it doesn't strike me as a win.

Latest posts