What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Olympics.

Meth

Staff member
10 gold
7 silver
3 bronze

same number of medals as Tokyo, but with our most gold medals

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Incredible effort, really.

Would love to see Carrington go on to LA, and try to become the second most decorated Olympian of all time in terms of gold medals. She has 8 (equal 16th all time), 9 is equal second, and ridiculously Phelps is 1st on 23.

Big Marn

Bench
Gold in the sprint for Ellesse Andrews. I've only just twigged that Jon Andrews his her Dad who i remember from the 90s as a sprint rider. Good genes.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
With all due respect to Ellesse Andrews and any other Kiwis still vying for medals tonight, I am absolutely spent after very limited sleep for the cause of watching our 3x latest Gold medallists do their thing, so am now going to bed 😴

Look forward to seeing the "MOAR GOLD!!1!!!1!!!!!!" headlines tomorrow! 😍

Wooooooo MOAR GOLD!!!!!!1!!1!!!! 😍

Well done Ellesse finally getting us beyond the 1984 record!

Would've loved to also see the points race where we got a bronze, those are always intriguing to follow, but like Arnie's friend I was dead tired so physically impossible to stay up for it 😅

Oh well, till next time all you niche non-professional sports... 👋

JJ

Immortal
Obviously Carrington’s unparalleled overall. But Andrews for me is the star of this games (as I write that I think about all the gold medallists, and collectively they really are). But she’s 24, now 4 medals, won the event she was favourite for, won another glamour event that’s her side hustle, and was part of a team that shocked everyone with a silver…

Loved Ko getting there too, and Wilde was wild, great Olympics for us, and from what I saw all around, so many iconic scenes

Latest posts