What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: One of the greats retires.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Why murli even mentioned?

He is irrelevent in this thread.

aussies obviously take anyone hence warnie even being in the team.
yeah 699 test wickets, why would you.

Perhaps aussies like people who perform, perhaps we should start scouting chess clubs and book clubs for Wisden top 5 cricketers of the century.

zeppelin

Juniors
I agree with previous comments that the fact that murachuckawun will over take warne as the greatest wicket taker of all time is a joke.

Answer me this, going by the theory that the clown cant staighten his arm, does that mean when he fields he doesnt "throw" the ball in but in fact bowls it??????

Another intersting point, Warne has 1 wicket against Bangladesh to Murali's100 odd.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Warne is the victim of Kerry Packers great plan, .. (alot like our own) and tall poppy syndrome.

He is the best .. that other scaley little prick has bowled out more Bangladesh batsmen than the tsunami could ever get a hold of.

He's bigger than god in cricket.

Merry xmas.

ratsack2

Juniors
I never said he wasn't a reasonable bowler.
to me it is more who a person is than what they do that makes them great and warnie does not fit that criteria and never will. the guys a jerk full stop and no amount of argument would change my opinion of that. I am glad he's is finaly going so I won't have to put up with watching his antics while the TV is baby sitting me.

cheese

Bench
coolumsharkie said:
He is the best .. that other scaley little prick has bowled out more Bangladesh batsmen than the tsunami could ever get a hold of.
f**k coolsie :lol: distasteful as all f**k, but some of your best :lol:

sharks8601

Juniors
its a simple as this
warnie is a legend and will be regarded as the second ever greatest of al time behind the late bradmen, as for murli, he stats dont aim up to those of warnie, for e.g, look at murli's record against us, he has dont nothing

the aussies only ever play the top nations, how oftenm do you see us play Bangladesh or Zimbabwe, hardly ever, murli bowls to the lower rated nations more the the top 3 or 4 nations, how could you possible say he's caree is better then warne's, ben ross could bowl to Bangladesh or Zimbabwe and take wickets, big deal, take 600 wickets agaisnt the teams that we play agaisnt then we will be impressed, he also has plays on spinner friendly wickets mostof the time, ofcourse he is going to take more wickets

to the people saying he is a bad role model, his job is to take wickets for us, look at the stats, not to teach and guide our kids, thats our job, im sure we all have mates who in front of our kids carry on worse then what warnie does

warnie is a legend, and the fact that murli is going to take more records is a disgrace and should not be regonised

Bundy

Juniors
sharks8601 said:
to the people saying he is a bad role model, his job is to take wickets for us, look at the stats, not to teach and guide our kids, thats our job, im sure we all have mates who in front of our kids carry on worse then what warnie does

Here here.

ratsack2

Juniors
didn't look too close did you spiderman, I just watched it and on the last shot with the close up his arm is clearly bent. that is he didn't straighten it. also this video clip also shows that he is far more talented than warne as he now bowls leg spin as well as off, I doubt even the "great" warnie could do that

spider

Coach
ratsack2 said:
didn't look too close did you spiderman, I just watched it and on the last shot with the close up his arm is clearly bent.
clearly??? LOL

If you stare hard enough at the sky on a clear night - there is a constellation shaped like a hat too.

that is he didn't straighten it.
cheers for defining "bent" for me

also this video clip also shows that he is far more talented than warne
yes - he can chuck and bowl within the laws of the game, since the rules were changed.

as he now bowls leg spin as well as off, I doubt even the "great" warnie could do that
Warne never had a wrongin' did he?

and he never had to change his delivery to bowl it [off break] - so i say Shane has him on that account as well.

ratsack2

Juniors
pause the clip at the 44 second mark and you will see it "clearly" bent yes ie. not straight, if you can't see it then a visit to OPSM might be in order.

murali had motion studies in Perth that validated his congenital dislocation of his radial heads. But that would prove nothing for someone like yourself Spider, you have your opinion and even medical experts are wrong in your eyes

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
All bowlers are cheats. its just the degree they cheat to that differentiates them.
Warne has spent plenty of time with coaches on "concealment" issues.

Hallatia

Referee
blacktip-reefy said:
All bowlers are cheats. its just the degree they cheat to that differentiates them.
well if that is not the sweeping statement of the century, there are sopme clean bowlers you know

spider

Coach
blacktip-reefy said:
Warne has spent plenty of time with coaches on "concealment" issues.

you got one so far reefy.