What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Purple People Eaters - slip, sliding away?

ghoti

Bench
They say it every year and they keep bouncing back.. even without the experienced end of their pack they've got the core of a great side. Top 4 this year, maybe a slip to the bottom of the 8 next year.. but I feel like I've deathridden so many times that I can't imagine em ever dropping out of the 8. Would love to see it though...

Reminds me didn't someone in this forum fly to Brisbane the week they didn't make the finals for the first time in the mid-00s?

Special K

Coach
They say it every year and they keep bouncing back.. even without the experienced end of their pack they've got the core of a great side. Top 4 this year, maybe a slip to the bottom of the 8 next year.. but I feel like I've deathridden so many times that I can't imagine em ever dropping out of the 8. Would love to see it though...

Reminds me didn't someone in this forum fly to Brisbane the week they didn't make the finals for the first time in the mid-00s?
They have lost maybe 2-3 max before. But they are facing a 2 year period with losing Bromwich x2, Kafusi, Smith, Hynes, JAC, Finucane just off the top of my head. Yes the losses are across two seasons so easier to replace but that is 7 of your best 17 walking out the door. That is ridiculously hard to fill but to your point if anyone can do it it’s them. Redcliffe will eat away on their QLD cup raids you would think.

I still can’t believe Smith retires and they have Smith/Grant ready to go. Billy goes and they had Paps, Hughes and Hynes on the books to play 1. Croft so far up their list for 7 was their only slip up which they corrected quickly.

Generalzod

Immortal
They have maintained their status with artificial assistance. The NRL don’t want to give VIC any reason to lose ground down there. Anyone who thinks Melbourne are just always that consistent has their eyes closed.
Absolutely, hasn’t the game grown in Victoria lol

Stake Removed

First Grade
Since 1998 how many players have actually came out of Melbourne, the majority from QLD.
First the Titans in QLD and now Redcliffe, storm are going to do it tough, and when Bellyache goes, outside of money what else is lure to go to Melbourne

Generalzod

Immortal
Since 1998 how many players have actually came out of Melbourne, the majority from QLD.
First the Titans in QLD and now Redcliffe, storm are going to do it tough, and when Bellyache goes, outside of money what else is lure to go to Melbourne
I think that they kind of knew that the long honeymoon was over for them when the NRL announced another team up in Queensland.