What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Purple People Eaters - slip, sliding away?

Frenzy.

Immortal
Have lost or will lose Jesse Bromwich, Kenneath Bromwich, Felise Kaufusi, Dale Finucane, Brandon Smith, Nicho Hynes, Josh Addo-Carr. So far.

Are they on the slide? (I'm not smirking as I write either) LOL

It started a few years ago when they hid the Curtis Scott incident, then the Nelson going berserk, Cameron Smith playing his waiting game, then Bellamy doing the same.
Its no surprise the Brandon/Munster incident surfaced so easily, onto Kamikamica. I may have missed a few in here.
Maybe they are at last starting to be like a "normal" club

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Guess we'll get to see if Bellyache really is a supercoach with an average side. Bit like creepin'....created his legacy with origin class sides. I rate CB higher though simply from the way he's transformed nuffies to very good footballers.

Weaponhead

Coach
Rumours of their demise have been around for years yet they keep finding a way. This is a big challenge for Bellamy and Ponisi. They have lost a number who really drive their culture such as Finucane and with the Bromwich bros on the way out it could see them slip. Here's hoping.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
They have maintained their status with artificial assistance. The NRL don’t want to give VIC any reason to lose ground down there. Anyone who thinks Melbourne are just always that consistent has their eyes closed.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Interesting thing is everyone is concerned about the Dolphins impact on the player market and inflating player prices. Looks like the Storm will be pretty active in the market buying a new pack.

Eion

First Grade
Have lost or will lose Jesse Bromwich, Kenneath Bromwich, Felise Kaufusi, Dale Finucane, Brandon Smith, Nicho Hynes, Josh Addo-Carr. So far.

Are they on the slide? (I'm not smirking as I write either) LOL

Storm, with hanging onto the Bromwich boys for this year have definitely got the best out of both of them. They’d be looking to move them on soon anyway.

They’ll miss the others for sure, esp the Sharks boys 😉. Still a pretty healthy squad though…hard to imagine them out of the top 4 next couple years, sadly.

Inferno

Coach
They did get NAS back which was desperately needed.

Could be interesting what type of success they have in the market, you'd think they'd have some cash to splash given those they're losing.

If the side starts going busted and they become a mid table team I could see them having a hard time attracting talent but their real strength has typically been in development and not recruitment anyway.

They have maintained their status with artificial assistance. The NRL don’t want to give VIC any reason to lose ground down there. Anyone who thinks Melbourne are just always that consistent has their eyes closed.
Absolutely. I remember Rodney Howe, the two filing cabinets,the magical appearing boats ,the big sombrero salary cap , The next man up from Queensland nursery second only to boncs, the blind eye to chicken wings, wrestling holds etc ,till other sides started retaliating.

Yeah.... I half understand NRL wanting to expand the game ,and sell it to the vics.... But Rugby league has always been game of the battlers, A leveler .... if they cant sell that are they really selling rugby league? Or selling out Rugby league?

Last edited:
Absolutely. I remember Rodney Howe, the two filing cabinets,the magical appearing boats ,the big sombrero salary cap , The next man up from Queensland nursery second only to boncs, the blind eye to chicken wings, wrestling holds etc ,till other sides started retaliating.
Don't forget this pathetic show for the cameras

images.jpeg.jpg

Latest posts