What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT- Roberts to Bunnies

possm

Coach
Hand on heart Possm,do you really think we were any chance.
Wayne/bunnies V Mary/us
NO quality players want to move to SGI under this management team however, we had a chance towards the end of last season when Doust and Young met with Bennett, to sign Bennett and repeat the job done in 2009/10.

There was no story given as to why SGI did not come to an agreement with Bennett. We know Bennett was available because Gus Gould had a handshake agreement soon after and Souths signed him when that fell through.

Bottom line is, I believe the old boys wanted it all kept in the family because for sure the likes of the coaching staff and the recruitment staff along with some very comfortable players, would have been let go.

BLM01

First Grade
NO quality players want to move to SGI under this management team however, we had a chance towards the end of last season when Doust and Young met with Bennett, to sign Bennett and repeat the job done in 2009/10.

There was no story given as to why SGI did not come to an agreement with Bennett. We know Bennett was available because Gus Gould had a handshake agreement soon after and Souths signed him when that fell through.

Bottom line is, I believe the old boys wanted it all kept in the family because for sure the likes of the coaching staff and the recruitment staff along with some very comfortable players, would have been let go.
I think you are wrong and we would of signed Bennett in a heart beat (3rd time trying including trying to extend him too late in 2011)
Bottom line is...Bennett saw himself always vying for a new club if kicked out of Brisbane and would not go back in time except Brisbane.who waved the cash a couple of years ago.
Wayne has been there / done that at our club and why would he want to go back and pick us up from the doldrums again.
Fast forward 10 years and his 2019 is almost a mirror image at his first year with us in 2009 with how Souths now and we were travelling back then. Only difference we signed a good centre in Gasnier half way through 2010 to win a comp not in his 1st year.

possm

Coach
I think you are wrong and we would of signed Bennett in a heart beat (3rd time trying including trying to extend him too late in 2011)
Bottom line is...Bennett saw himself always vying for a new club if kicked out of Brisbane and would not go back in time except Brisbane.who waved the cash a couple of years ago.
Wayne has been there / done that at our club and why would he want to go back and pick us up from the doldrums again.
Fast forward 10 years and his 2019 is almost a mirror image at his first year with us in 2009 with how Souths now and we were travelling back then. Only difference we signed a good centre in Gasnier half way through 2010 to win a comp not in his 1st year.
So many assumptions and so many unanswered questions relating to this issue. I think the fact that blows all of this theory apart is that Bennett did talk to the Dragons first and actually came down to speak to C Young and Doust (CEO and SGI Director). That tells me he wanted to make a deal to coach with us but did not because there was an obstacle in the way.

BLM01

First Grade
So many assumptions and so many unanswered questions relating to this issue. I think the fact that blows all of this theory apart is that Bennett did talk to the Dragons first and actually came down to speak to C Young and Doust (CEO and SGI Director). That tells me he wanted to make a deal to coach with us but did not because there was an obstacle in the way.
You are right...so many assumptions here!

merahputih

Juniors

We don’t rate or register on the NRL radar anymore. What do you expect.
Jimmy the jet is reported to have taken a pay cut to join Wayne at Souffs. Goes to show I guess that all the money, TPA's etc in the world won't get you a top player unless your club has the coach and players that he wants to play with.

rednwhites

Juniors
Jimmy the jet is reported to have taken a pay cut to join Wayne at Souffs. Goes to show I guess that all the money, TPA's etc in the world won't get you a top player unless your club has the coach and players that he wants to play with.

Funny how you can support a team for decades, give it all your time and energy, never see a premiership and then realise it all comes down to one man, the coach and particularly the legend coaches like Bennett. With a clown as coach we will have to pay overs constantly and we will for ever be the laughing stock of the comp.

Latest posts