What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT Roosters

Card Shark

Immortal
Really?! I watched the WCC and they looked pretty good. Slater and Cronk on fire. As much as I'd like it, can't see them missing the 8. Way too disciplined and consistent.

The thing about the storm is they rely massively on the big 3 & the rest just follow....Bellamy has it down to a fine art. When Slater was out mid-late season, they lost 5 straight & looked crap.

If they lose 1 of the big 3 for 1/2 the season, they could quite easily miss the 8. Watching the WCC, I was saying to my mate - love to see Cam Smith have an injury interrupted year for once - it's gotta be his turn!!

Panda Power 78

Juniors
So which players do you want to steal off us for next year? Jennings? SBW? Better get Slothfield on the case nice and early.

Are you serious ???
An Easts supporter accusing another team of stealing players , very rich.
Where did the 2 players you mentioned come from ? I think Canterbury & Penriff fans might argue who the thiefs are.

Remember 1984 ? , probably not but I do. Gavin Miller , Dane & Kurt Sorenson , Rowland Beckett & Steve Hardy all in one fell swoop - "stolen" from Cronulla by Easts. I still haven't forgiven or forgotten that.

& if you think Rothfield is in our corner then where do you think SBW's publicist Danny Weidler's alliances might be ?

Panda Power 78

Juniors
Agree.

Only thing that may let them down is a virtually unknown coach.

Over a long season, how is he going to handle the pressure??

Yep , they were good last night , only a trial but you could see the class.
Jennings & SKD are going to be near unstoppable in the centres.

Regarding the coach , I think they were overcoached last year & Robinson did a good job at Catalan.
I think who they got rid of (Smith & Anasta) will be as important as who've they've bought.

Ausguy

Coach
The thing about the storm is they rely massively on the big 3 & the rest just follow....Bellamy has it down to a fine art. When Slater was out mid-late season, they lost 5 straight & looked crap.

If they lose 1 of the big 3 for 1/2 the season, they could quite easily miss the 8. Watching the WCC, I was saying to my mate - love to see Cam Smith have an injury interrupted year for once - it's gotta be his turn!!

You may notice smith and cronk are rarely tackled. There is a reason they don't get injured.

SuperiorEasts

Juniors
Are you serious ???
An Easts supporter accusing another team of stealing players , very rich.
Where did the 2 players you mentioned come from ? I think Canterbury & Penriff fans might argue who the thiefs are.

Remember 1984 ? , probably not but I do. Gavin Miller , Dane & Kurt Sorenson , Rowland Beckett & Steve Hardy all in one fell swoop - "stolen" from Cronulla by Easts. I still haven't forgiven or forgotten that.

& if you think Rothfield is in our corner then where do you think SBW's publicist Danny Weidler's alliances might be ?

Beau Ryan STOLEN
Luke Lewis STOLEN
Chris Heighington STOLEN
Todd Carney STOLEN
Wade Graham STOLEN
Andrew Fifita STOLEN
Michael Gordon STOLEN

newman

First Grade
Beau Ryan STOLEN
Luke Lewis STOLEN
Chris Heighington STOLEN
Todd Carney STOLEN
Wade Graham STOLEN
Andrew Fifita STOLEN
Michael Gordon STOLEN

Mate I do some work in the roosters junior league and let me tell you they produce NO ONE. They don't even have enough junior teams to run a comp. in the u13s this year there will likely be ONE team from the eastern suburbs, none in the 14s and one in the 15s. All of their junior rep players are "stolen" from other areas. So even if you think they are from the roosters, they ain't.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Beau Ryan STOLEN - Unwanted
Luke Lewis STOLEN - Unwanted
Chris Heighington STOLEN - Unwanted
Todd Carney STOLEN - Sacked
Wade Graham STOLEN - Unwanted
Andrew Fifita STOLEN - Unwanted
Michael Gordon STOLEN - Unwanted

All the above were free agents at the time of being signed.

However, if you see them as stolen, we apologise :)

SuperiorEasts

Juniors
Mate I do some work in the roosters junior league and let me tell you they produce NO ONE. They don't even have enough junior teams to run a comp. in the u13s this year there will likely be ONE team from the eastern suburbs, none in the 14s and one in the 15s. All of their junior rep players are "stolen" from other areas. So even if you think they are from the roosters, they ain't.

So how many Shark juniors are in your first grade team this year?

newman

First Grade

Um. Don't really know. Mills, Chad, Lichaa? Someone else can help.

I do know that there is plenty of local juniors in the junior rep sides. Both clubs are light on for local juniors but the chooks are in a far, far worse position. So rocks and glass houses and that.

Panda Power 78

Juniors

Chad Townsend , Stewart Mills , Michael Lichaa & Rodney Coates.
Easts ??? I can't think of one who played last night. Correct me , if you can.

Hardly an arguement , Easts' favourite sons Artie (Balmain) , Freddie (Penrith) , Coote (Souths) , Anasta (Souths / Canterbury) , Barry Andrews (Cronulla) all were "stolen" from elsewhere.

Panda Power 78

Juniors
More than the Sharks :lol:

Name them.

James Maloney, Sonny Bill Williams, Michael Oldfield, Michael Jennings... the final pieces of the puzzle that will lead Easts to a premiership in 2013.

You might be right but this is what you put in a post about another team "stealing" players ?
The kettle is charcoal black.

The thing is most of the posts in this thread were praising the team Easts have put together - until you started with your uninformed stirrings.

newman

First Grade
I dunno why I'm biting Panda. This clown is a troll and nothing more. He's famous for trolling rubbish in the NRL forum. He used to be obsessed with Mitchell Pearce. It's a real weakness of the LU forums, the amount of genuine trolls and how free a reign they are given.

Panda Power 78

Juniors
I dunno why I'm biting Panda. This clown is a troll and nothing more. He's famous for trolling rubbish in the NRL forum. He used to be obsessed with Mitchell Pearce. It's a real weakness of the LU forums, the amount of genuine trolls and how free a reign they are given.

If Australia could bag a few wickets , I'd pay more attention to the cricket.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Chad Townsend , Stewart Mills , Michael Lichaa & Rodney Coates.
Easts ??? I can't think of one who played last night. Correct me , if you can.

Hardly an arguement , Easts' favourite sons Artie (Balmain) , Freddie (Penrith) , Coote (Souths) , Anasta (Souths / Canterbury) , Barry Andrews (Cronulla) all were "stolen" from elsewhere.

Isn't Punami Manamana doo do do do doo from De La Salle?

Latest posts