What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Snake Tales

Frenzy.

Immortal
Is this why Manly turned it up today?

Former Sea Eagle charged with possessing cocaine

Former Manly Sea Eagles champion fullback Brett Stewart has reportedly been charged with the alleged offence of cocaine possession.

Multiple reports have confirmed that New South Wales police will allege Stewart was found to be in possession of the substance on March 7 at around 7pm near Manly Wharf.

The alleged amount Stewart was in possession of has not been revealed by police, but the charge only allows for a maximum three grams. It's reported police observations of Stewart led officers to search him when they allegedly found the substance.

“Just before 7pm (on March 10), officers from Northern Beaches Police Area Command were conducting patrols of the Manly area, when they spoke to a 38-year-old man,” a NSW Police spokesman said.

“During a search of the man, they allegedly located cocaine.

"He was charged with possessing a prohibited drug."

It's understood Stewart, who has worked with the Sea Eagles in a part-time coaching role since 2019, will front court on April 19.

Tony Mestrov, CEO of the Sea Eagles, had no comment other than to state it was a police matter when contacted by News Corp.

Stewart, who played 223 games for the Sea Eagles, is one of the best players the club has ever produced. Playing eight State of Origin games, Stewart was part of two premiership victories for the club during his career before retiring at the end of 2017.

I'm more amazed that "cocaine" in Sydney is actually a chargeable offence these days. Seeing as Sydney is regarded as the coke capital of the world and what you get is about 20% cocaine.
3 grams would be about half a night out.

DJDL

Bench
I'm more amazed that "cocaine" in Sydney is actually a chargeable offence these days. Seeing as Sydney is regarded as the coke capital of the world and what you get is about 20% cocaine.
3 grams would be about half a night out.

Haha.

I remember when I was first back in Oz after a couple of years in the UK and a mate of a mate was giving out lines. He was all gung ho about how ‘pure’ it was.

After I’d had a few he asked what I thought compared to UK quality.
Trying to be as tactful as I could to someone who’d just shouted me some I said “No offence mate, but you’re snorting speed”. He’s all “No it’s coke”. And I said “You asked me compared to the UK. Trust me, this is basically speed”

No one understood what I was getting at and kept arguing with me, but if they’d been around what I’d been around over there they’d get it.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Haha.

I remember when I was first back in Oz after a couple of years in the UK and a mate of a mate was giving out lines. He was all gung ho about how ‘pure’ it was.

After I’d had a few he asked what I thought compared to UK quality.
Trying to be as tactful as I could to someone who’d just shouted me some I said “No offence mate, but you’re snorting speed”. He’s all “No it’s coke”. And I said “You asked me compared to the UK. Trust me, this is basically speed”

No one understood what I was getting at and kept arguing with me, but if they’d been around what I’d been around over there they’d get it.

My clients who are all hard core substance dependent users wouldn't go near 2023 cocaine even if they could afford it because, as they tell me, if they want to use goey or ice they'll buy goey or ice for a fraction of the price.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I've had the devils own overseas, it was about 90% and blew your f**king head right off but It's a shit drug lets be honest. Gives you a headache, blocks your nose into the next day and all you do is feel good for a while and then talk a lot of shit which can be hazard forming in a non English speaking country. Great drug for sex but good luck getting a boner. Pass.

DJDL

Bench
I've had the devils own overseas, it was about 90% and blew your f**king head right off but It's a shit drug lets be honest. Gives you a headache, blocks your nose into the next day and all you do is feel good for a while and then talk a lot of shit which can be hazard forming in a non English speaking country. Great drug for sex but good luck getting a boner. Pass.

That's about the size of it for me.
Never really overly indulged, but I'm a 'when in Rome' kinda guy so if it was on offer I'd partake.

I remember going to the Reading Festival outside London in 2002.
One of my mates turned up with a rock. It was insanely pure.
All you had to do was lightly touch the edges of it with a credit card and powder just fell off ready to go.
No chopping up, nothing. Pure powder.

Speaking of 'when in Rome' experiences, that attitude lead to the greatest night of my life.
Long story, but I ended up at Stonehenge for the Summer Solstice with a head full of mushrooms.
Pharquing awesome!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
meh, he was not cheating.

I only dislike cheats.

Toke up in your spare time, do not cheat, train and play well.

We fight the wrong fights, you want the roid cheaters like Xerri and the caravan living Illawarra fans like Da Soup.

@Quigs queue a photo.

Ironically roids are legal if you do not play sports.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
FTR I have never tried coke. I had sisters who went down a bad path. I would probably love it.

Never did roids either, seems a very ego driven thing, must look cut.

Anyway I wish I had the photo of the snake I saw next door, good 5 metres long, just ate a bird, council took him, neighbour had kids, they thought it very cool as the bloke caught him.

I thought this was about snakes.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Apparently the coke in Amsterdam hits the spot. And the other spot. Then another spot.

Then you fall down

coolumsharkie

Referee
Apparently the coke in Amsterdam hits the spot. And the other spot. Then another spot.

Then you fall down
Me and the Misso walking through the RLD when approached by a tall dark skinned guy in a long coat. "You want some coke?" he asks.. "No thanks" but what I was really thinking was "Yeah but not from you you suss looking merkin" Maybe I made the right decision that day?

Quigs

Immortal
Old drug f**ked musoes, no wonder this joint is the cesspool of lurve we have all come to know.

How some of you survived long enough to witness Harold Holt Day back in 2016 is totally beyond me.

Maybe there is a God after all.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Old drug f**ked musoes, no wonder this joint is the cesspool of lurve we have all come to know.

How some of you survived long enough to witness Harold Holt Day back in 2016 is totally beyond me.

Maybe there is a God after all.
2 words Quigs me ol mate....

Keith Richards