What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Wade

The Colonel

Immortal
I believe you can decline to play but you run the risk of players not bneing match conditioned and which could lead to more serious injury.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
geez some of you guys sound like warriors supporters...injuries happen to everyone, who cares he is not on our team, not going to effect us

also when someone like ben smith gets injured and is out for half the year, why don't you guys feel for him?

i got nothing against wade, he is a top player but thats footy

Freak2

Juniors
The Colonel said:
Disappointing for Wade on a personal level however it lessens their impact against all teams, including us. Most teams will breath a sigh of relief that the main threat is now just Price at the Warriors. (Sure they have others but Price and McKinnon were fantastic for them last year).

Most teams would feel sorry for the player but if we were to lose Hindmarsh, Hayne or Inu for a long time they wouldn't be too upset and offer to play us when they were fit.

What about Kite???

Feel sorry for Wade who is without a doubt one of the most under-rated players in the NRL.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
I don't think it should eve matter who the player(s) in question play for. They can your most hated rival or anything, but any form of serious injury like this is something nobody would want any anbody else. heavens for bid there are a few playes I hate in the NRL but I'd never want them to be injured. And I think as a team while it is great to take any advtanges that you can (as every other club will probably against us) I always believe if you wanna be better than the other team then both sides should have their best players there. Of course that doesn't always happen.

Stagger eel

Staff member
byrne_rovelli_fan82 said:
and I can't help wondering that why soem of you care? lol. Weren't alot of you happy he left anyway??

I think you'll find that most of us still follow the progress of alot of players with interest, who were developed and went through our system as Wade did.

Hellsy

Immortal
and you'll prob find those of us caring are NOT the ones who didnt want him to stay........

eels_fan_01

Bench
Great player, was upset when he left the club despite many people who were critical of him including Eels fans.

I mean i feel for him in a way but it is one less person for the Eels to smash this year.

spiderdan

Bench
The Colonel said:
I believe you can decline to play but you run the risk of players not bneing match conditioned and which could lead to more serious injury.
you're kinda damned if you do damned if you don't.

the pre-season serves as match conditioning but given the high volumes of training the players do plus the number of games in the season proper it can also lead to more injuries later in the season.

the thing with wade's knee though is that it's just one of those things that can happen at whenever.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Me personally i wouldnt play any player who i was definately picking in round 1 if they had played in the clubs final match last year. Could cost the team but i mean you sorta put the risk of losing someone for a whole year or half a year or six months if they play in a trial that did nothing for the club.

Trials are a good way to decide which halfback/centre etc you want to use, if there is a battle for positions. It is also good to give someone some fitness if they havent played in a while.