What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT - Xbox 360

Dragons_#1

Bench
ive already got an offer of $250 for it so i was hoping for bout $300, its in good condition n with bout 10 games its a good deal!

lakrosek

Juniors
Call Of Duty - World At War now that is the chit fighting against nazi zombies with the ray gun

Hi I own a Wi system any info on good games out there. I like the look of Tiger Woods 09 is that interactive?. Im not a spring Chicken and some of the games look to tiering any surgestions would be great thanks.

brendothejet

First Grade
PS3 FTW for sure.

i was never a huge console person, but the PS3 completely sold me.

It has made almost every other media/gaming device in my house obsolete.

Its become the central hub in my houses wireless network and everyone streams videos/pictures/mp3s off it.

Meanwhile my mate has sent his xboxb away 3 times for the red ring of death.

MattYg1

Bench
http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/996/996216p1.html

Steve Ballmer Confirms 'New' Xbox 360 For 2010

Ballmer confirms new SKU, with possibly new hardware, coming next year.

by Jim Reilly

US, June 18, 2009 - Perhaps all those crazy rumors we've heard over the past week were true.

Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer reportedly spoke at The Executive's Club of Chicago about "the role of innovation in changing economic times" this afternoon. And according to TGdaily, he announced the company's plan to release a new Xbox 360 next year.

The system will be "'really, really, close' to an actuality" and was described as having a "natural interface." There will also be a "built in" camera, which is believed to be the Natal device Microsoft revealed at the latest E3

It's still unclear at the moment whether or not this will simply be a current Xbox 360 with a the Natal camera packed in, or an upgraded console with newer hardware. However, Microsoft did confirm to IGN this afternoon that newer manufactured Xbox 360 Arcade units are getting an upgrade in internal memory to 512MB.

We contacted Microsoft for clarification on this and we'll update you as soon as we hear anything.

Update: This is the response we got from a Microsoft spokesperson:

"As the Xbox team stated at E3 two weeks ago, we are not even halfway through the current console generation lifecycle and believe Xbox 360 will be the entertainment center in the home for long into the next decade. Project Natal will be an important part of this platform, but we have not confirmed a launch date at this time."​
So it sounds like this will just be a Xbox 360 bundle with the included Natal camera instead of a totally new console.

We'll update you further as we gain new information on this intriguing story.

steela

Juniors
PS3 FTW for sure.

i was never a huge console person, but the PS3 completely sold me.

It has made almost every other media/gaming device in my house obsolete.

Its become the central hub in my houses wireless network and everyone streams videos/pictures/mp3s off it.

Meanwhile my mate has sent his xboxb away 3 times for the red ring of death.

yeah but the xbox is also a media hub, I also stream my movies and music from my PC, and the 360 supports my harmony remote.

RROD is a bit of a shocker, but at least MS have addressed it, 3 year RROD warranty and you get it back around a week after it's sent.

online is so much better on 360, everyone has headsets, and they work unlike the stutter-a-thon when you use a bluetooth headset on ps3.

the controller is better, it's way cheaper, I could go on all day.

bluray is great if you have a HDTV however, PS3 gets thumbs up for that although you DO pay for it weather you want it or not... and vidzone (new video clip streaming app) is awesome too.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I have all 3 consoles in my household, but find myself playing the 360 most of the time, seems to have better games and the controller has a much better feel to it. The PS3 is awesome for media and blu-ray though. Wii is good after a few beers.

But you gotta love fanboy arguments, a discussion that is never won :D

Drew-Sta

Staff member
I write for these guys.

Have been gaming since a kid. Love the Xbox and used to play competitively in Halo 2 and 3, but own a Wii and play WoW when I get the time.

I'm waiting for a Rugby League 3 game to come out, to be honest.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
could never get the hang of space invaders.

That post reminded me of Groundskeeper Willie in the Simpsons. The episode of 'Who shot Mr Burns' where Willie keeps crossing his legs, but denies he couldn't have shot Burns as he had a bung finger from playing Space Invaders too much.

:sarcasm: