What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stefano Utoikamanu

simmo1

First Grade
Still can't work out why we let Blore go. He did all the right things in terms of attitude/effort but just never seemed to get an extended run with Sheens/Benji. No surprise he is excelling in Melbourne.

Stefano is the opposite. Shit attitude and goes missing every second week, yet has been given every opportunity to establish himself at this club. He won't have it nearly as easy under Bellamy.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Still can't work out why we let Blore go. He did all the right things in terms of attitude/effort but just never seemed to get an extended run with Sheens/Benji. No surprise he is excelling in Melbourne.

Stefano is the opposite. Shit attitude and goes missing every second week, yet has been given every opportunity to establish himself at this club. He won't have it nearly as easy under Bellamy.

Pascoe and Lee's parting gift to us.

Nutz

Bench
@Tiger05
It's not gloom and doom for sure. The Fianu brother are offering more and cost less.
What we do need is a big lad who can run hard and fast and have more strings to his bow than what we have.
A perfect player that would have completely transformed our pack is Angus Crichton.
After coming back from mental health leave he's been the best forward in the comp. For brief period he was contemplating going back to union as the Roosters were uncertain what to do with him. In hindsight, we could have offered the rorters Stef/Angus swap and thrown in some cash that probably would amount to what we are going to cough up now if we want Stefano. We missed the boat.
We should be able to pay big bucks for a marquee forward with departing stock but who and would they come to our club?

What one of the esteemed NRL journalists had to say/write.

Wests Tigers are hoping for the saga around Stefano Utoikamanu's future to be finalised in the next 48 hours.

9News reporter Danny Weidler understands Utoikamanu is edging closer to a decision on his future after meeting with Storm bosses in Melbourne on Sunday.

However, Craig Bellamy's bid to steal the Tigers prop's signature is shaky with the club informing Weidler "they are not confident" Utoikamanu is prepared to make the move.

"The Melbourne Storm told me that they are not confident getting Stefano down there because he has a strong family tie in Sydney," Weidler said on Nine's 100% Footy.

"I don't think he's necessarily keen to move out of Sydney even though the Melbourne Storm will be a good club for him to be involved in.

"Tigers fans may be hoping but at the moment I think he's still undecided."

The 24-year-old has an option to remain at Concord beyond this season but also has a number of unique contract clauses that allow him to become a free agent.

The Tigers remain confident Utoikamanu will sign a long-term extension, despite granting the star permission to explore options with rival teams.

Utoikamanu, who was tabled a $4 million extension offer by the Tigers, previously expressed his desire to join a winning team.

"He's been talking about being motivated by winning, and unfortunately when you look at the Tigers - I'm not having a shot at the club - but they're not winning," Weidler said.

"He just wants to experience victories."

Weidler noted "the rumours are the Tigers would get Nelson if Stefano goes", however, the club reportedly is not interested in the Storm enforcer's talent.

Tiger Ted

Bench

Wests Tigers are hoping for the saga around Stefano Utoikamanu's future to be finalised in the next 48 hours.

9News reporter Danny Weidler understands Utoikamanu is edging closer to a decision on his future after meeting with Storm bosses in Melbourne on Sunday.

However, Craig Bellamy's bid to steal the Tigers prop's signature is shaky with the club informing Weidler "they are not confident" Utoikamanu is prepared to make the move.

"The Melbourne Storm told me that they are not confident getting Stefano down there because he has a strong family tie in Sydney," Weidler said on Nine's 100% Footy.

"I don't think he's necessarily keen to move out of Sydney even though the Melbourne Storm will be a good club for him to be involved in.

The 24-year-old has an option to remain at Concord beyond this season but also has a number of unique contract clauses that allow him to become a free agent.

The Tigers remain confident Utoikamanu will sign a long-term extension, despite granting the star permission to explore options with rival teams.

Utoikamanu, who was tabled a $4 million extension offer by the Tigers, previously expressed his desire to join a winning team.

"He's been talking about being motivated by winning, and unfortunately when you look at the Tigers - I'm not having a shot at the club - but they're not winning," Weidler said.

Weidler noted "the rumours are the Tigers would get Nelson if Stefano goes", however, the club reportedly is not interested in the Storm enforcer's talent.
Certainly not referring to me saying “tigers fans may be hoping..” I so hope he doesn’t commit to what will become another toxic contract for us.Its such a dumb offer from a club with a horrendous history of paying massive overs for ingrate bludging merkins

Tigerm

First Grade

He was injury prone, even before he got here.
Wat the time, getting Papi and Bateman was a great option, it’s turned out to be shit, but you can’t know that then.

Tigerm

First Grade
I love these t

I love these types of comments
“expressed his desire to join a winning team.”
When he hasn’t really contributed here?
So, he thinks he will go somewhere else and deliver the same effort he gives here, he’s dreaming.

Tigerm

First Grade

I read or heard, that Nelson may go back to rugby?

Nutz

Bench

I think WT also did something for his family but I can't remember what it was.

Tiger05

First Grade
Certainly not referring to me saying “tigers fans may be hoping..” I so hope he doesn’t commit to what will become another toxic contract for us.Its such a dumb offer from a club with a horrendous history of paying massive overs for ingrate bludging merkins

This is not a good signing for us or any club atm. He may turn into a gun player but he isn't there yet. The only reason I hope he stays is that he is that big prop who can have an impact with simple hard running and we don't have other players like that. He could be the leader of our pack or better put the guy that comes up with a big run when it's required.

In stating that I prefer our other middles because they are consistently better and cost a lot less. The worst case scenario is we end up with another shit contract for a shit merkin and we lose the other middle forwards that we have that are performing better.

Latest posts