What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other games 2024

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Yes I'm not looking for singular examples.

He had great short kicks into touch on his debut. Looking like a game manager in that game. Even if it's not his strong suits he needs to develop it because it's what his side needs and they don't really have other options.
They need a half decent 7. A Chad level player would be enough

age.s

First Grade
They need a half decent 7. A Chad level player would be enough
Chad's garbage. Sexton is no superstar but he's got Chad covered comfortably.

It's all well and good to hypothesise on what Burton could have been if he'd stayed here and/or gone to a better setup, but he has to be judged on the fruits of his decisions. It was one thing when the Dogs were a rabble but they were far from that this year. Even in a team with some starch and sprinkled with quality he's coming up well short when it counts.

How many more years does he get before he goes down as one of the many many players who's output failed to match their potential?

WestyLife

First Grade
Watching Roosters Vs Manly now into the second half. I know the result from people at work but it really doesn't look like Manly are pushing them at all. Roosters have a good pack but I don't see them troubling the storm too much.

Sime_11

Juniors
i think the Roosters are a better chance to beat Storm than Cronulla are of beating us, but its inevitable that Storm & Penrith make the 2024 GF

Sharks and Chooks making up the final numbers now

WestyLife

First Grade
i think the Roosters are a better chance to beat Storm than Cronulla are of beating us, but its inevitable that Storm & Penrith make the 2024 GF

Sharks and Chooks making up the final numbers now

Roosters pack is as good if not better than the storm.

Iamback

Coach
Watching Roosters Vs Manly now into the second half. I know the result from people at work but it really doesn't look like Manly are pushing them at all. Roosters have a good pack but I don't see them troubling the storm too much.

losing 2 guys in the 1st set stuffed them up

Fangs

Coach
losing 2 guys in the 1st set stuffed them up

I missed the whole thing but looks like the game was lost in the first minute.

Jake came back but losing Koula was huge. Kills comeback potential and plays to the Roosters strengths attacking out wide.

Shame. Deep down I wanted a Manly v Penrith final so I could celebrate early like 2022.

Iamback

Coach
I missed the whole thing but looks like the game was lost in the first minute.

Jake came back but losing Koula was huge. Kills comeback potential and plays to the Roosters strengths attacking out wide.

Shame. Deep down I wanted a Manly v Penrith final so I could celebrate early like 2022.

The stat is teams lose 80% of the time when they lose a back in the 1st half. So to lose one in the 1st tackle was a huge mountain.

Their right defence is on par with our mid season Right defence. So without the attack of Koula they had nothing

Fangs

Coach
The stat is teams lose 80% of the time when they lose a back in the 1st half. So to lose one in the 1st tackle was a huge mountain.

Their right defence is on par with our mid season Right defence. So without the attack of Koula they had nothing

That's a whopping number but it makes sense. A good number of losses would also come down to poor bench cover.

I'm a believer in extending the bench and in time lowering the interchange again. Grant teams a bit more cover but make interchanges a total premium. I'd relax HIA replacement rules however the whole 15 minute thing is too tricky to work around.

Munky

Coach
That's a whopping number but it makes sense. A good number of losses would also come down to poor bench cover.

I'm a believer in extending the bench and in time lowering the interchange again. Grant teams a bit more cover but make interchanges a total premium. I'd relax HIA replacement rules however the whole 15 minute thing is too tricky to work around.

I'd support an eighteenth man on the bench who is a dedicated outside back with statistics showing they have lined up at wing or centre in the defensive line for 80% of their playing time in their past twenty games. The eighteenth man can only substitute another outside back and the substituted player is out of the game.

An early injury to an outside back ruins games.

Iamback

Coach

Even having 18 players but only 17 play. That allows a winger to be on the bench but not waste a spot

Latest posts