What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other games 2024

murraymob

Coach
Bulldogs v melbourne
The dogs dominating feild position but only up 10 to 6 .The dogs named a strong squad .Melbourne missing a lot.The dogs playing expansive footy

Fangs

Coach
Papenhuyzen has looked good.

Looks like Jason Taylor is the new Dogs assistant. They've got a video screen in the dressing room at halftime.

murraymob

Coach
Half time
The storm storm lead 12 to 10 .Dogs dominating feild position.The storm are always in every game even without there stars

Fangs

Coach
Interest also to see the Burton not doing many of the last kicks

For now its how it needs to be. They need him to play like a 6 not a 7 so less work is better for him.

Given time I'm sure he will be kicking more. Anytime they get to halfway he will be the guy putting up the bomb.

murraymob

Coach
The defence back 10 meters seem to not exist.the dogs are offside all game .hope this does not creep into the comp games

I didn’t see the game but reading these comments I need to ask if Burton isn’t kicking what is he offering as a half? He’d be a poor man’s Jack Wighton at 5/8

snickers007

Juniors
I didn’t see the game but reading these comments I need to ask if Burton isn’t kicking what is he offering as a half? He’d be a poor man’s Jack Wighton at 5/8

I had a quick browse of The Kennel this afternoon, and they have well and truly turned on Burton.

If he's not crowding his centre, he's giving them the ball far too early. Afraid to take the line on, and has no control of his boot.

Most people seemed really complimentary of all their other ball players (Hutchison, Taafe, Salmon and Mahoney), so it's not like they were shitting on everyone.

I've always believed that he's an elite centre, rather than a genuine playmaker. Will be interesting to see how this year plays out for him.

murraymob

Coach
All stars game
Interesting to see daine gagai playing for the Māori team he has also previously played for the indigenous team.Overall so far a good game considering weather and a pre season game

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I had a quick browse of The Kennel this afternoon, and they have well and truly turned on Burton.

If he's not crowding his centre, he's giving them the ball far too early. Afraid to take the line on, and has no control of his boot.

Most people seemed really complimentary of all their other ball players (Hutchison, Taafe, Salmon and Mahoney), so it's not like they were shitting on everyone.

I've always believed that he's an elite centre, rather than a genuine playmaker. Will be interesting to see how this year plays out for him.
merkins with no idea

Iamback

Coach

I give him 2 years and they move him on, There will be a new shiny toy as early as next season.

People read too much into trials but if you look at the tackles inside 20.. Dogs should of put a cricket score on.

I saw nothing that didn't say bottom 4 from the Dogs out there, So they will have another clean out

Munky

Coach
Burton has always had amazing raw talent as a ball runner and a freakish booming punt.

However has no finesse to his game.

Also for a bloke his size is a massive shirt grabber.

He can probably be coached up but I still think his nearest comparison is Jamie Lyon. Absolute gun line running centre who can play six with a dominant halfback.

Last edited:

We all knew he would struggle there. Hopefully Burton returns.

murraymob

Coach
Knights v sharks
Serious injury in the first minute to a knights player hope he is okay .Both teams looking strong