What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other games 2024

WestyLife

First Grade
I won't go that far.

I am old enough and proud enough to tell everyone that I have been a Panthers fan since 1967.

We were brought up to go for the Panthers and whoever was playing Manly, but we always held a dislike for Parramatta, and my dear old dad was on the Penrith football club committee plus coaching the Harold Matt's in the late 70's early 80's, so watching from the grass roots was a given.

Allowing a Parra fan to constantly offer advice on what our club needs is like believing a politician around election time, you know it's bullshit but you listen and laugh.

Keep up the opinions though Hindy 111, it keeps this old fella amused.

The history you've witnessed is so cool.

The history you've witnessed is so cool.
From the dark times of the 70's, Brandy and Col Vandervoort as 14 year olds in the Penrith jumper for the first time (1979), right through til the current dynasty.

Yes, only a fool will believe our current bubble will never burst, but I personally am enjoying this period while it lasts.

Watching the great players this club has produced for so long now is pleasing, whether some players only last a short time or the great players last 10 plus years is a credit and legacy this club will hold proudly forever.

Other clubs will always poach and the haters will always hate, but we know what we have and are proud to have it.

MugaB

Coach
From the dark times of the 70's, Brandy and Col Vandervoort as 14 year olds in the Penrith jumper for the first time (1979), right through til the current dynasty.

Yes, only a fool will believe our current bubble will never burst, but I personally am enjoying this period while it lasts.

Watching the great players this club has produced for so long now is pleasing, whether some players only last a short time or the great players last 10 plus years is a credit and legacy this club will hold proudly forever.

Other clubs will always poach and the haters will always hate, but we know what we have and are proud to have it.
You're a man after my own heart!!

Pjf04b

Juniors
There are a few of us dinosaurs that have been around since the start. My first game was in 67. I have witnessed the lows, the hopeful times, disappointments, the joys of 90-91 and 03, the fun of hating Parramatta, and now the dream of 20-present.
It would be great to think the last few years could go on forever, but we know it wont.
Enjoy it while it’s there!

TCN67

Juniors
There are a few of us dinosaurs that have been around since the start. My first game was in 67. I have witnessed the lows, the hopeful times, disappointments, the joys of 90-91 and 03, the fun of hating Parramatta, and now the dream of 20-present.
It would be great to think the last few years could go on forever, but we know it wont.
Enjoy it while it’s there!
I'm another dinosaur who has been here from the start & experienced it all !
Even though I have lived in the bush ( Dylan Edwards territory ) all my life, the Panthers are my team.
Never in the early years did I imagine that we would have the success of the last 4 years.
I agree it will not last, although the team is adapting brilliantly each season as players depart,
& I will enjoy it while it is happening.
TCN67

I'm another dinosaur who has been here from the start & experienced it all !
Even though I have lived in the bush ( Dylan Edwards territory ) all my life, the Panthers are my team.
Never in the early years did I imagine that we would have the success of the last 4 years.
I agree it will not last, although the team is adapting brilliantly each season as players depart,
& I will enjoy it while it is happening.
TCN67
It's nice to know that life long members are not just in the Penrith district.

I personally grew up there but moved to the Shoalhaven area after joining the Navy as a 16 year old in 1979.

Since retirement a few years back, the wife and I have had season tickets and travel to Penrith for each home game, oh, and visit some family too.

Most supporters can only remember the Elliot bad times because of their age, but I remember plenty of harder times than that.

Enjoying the ride is most definitely pleasing.

murraymob

Coach
It's nice to know that life long members are not just in the Penrith district.

I personally grew up there but moved to the Shoalhaven area after joining the Navy as a 16 year old in 1979.

Since retirement a few years back, the wife and I have had season tickets and travel to Penrith for each home game, oh, and visit some family too.

Most supporters can only remember the Elliot bad times because of their age, but I remember plenty of harder times than that.

Enjoying the ride is most definitely pleasing.
Yep I will never forget the day Wally Lewis was coming to town packed out ground sitting on the eastern hill before the grandstand was built with my dad .There where so many people some just walked around doing laps around the ground Just before kick off it was announced he was not playing Damm

murraymob

Coach
I d

I dissagree the bubble will never bust I always believed we would win no matter how much we sucked and that will not change lol

MrBlack

Juniors
My first game, as a young teenager was in the early 80's

We got beaten by about 50 against the Magpies.

Have barely missed a home game since. (and quite a few away ones as well)

I remember a 12 hour overnight bus trip to Lang Park only to see 3 grades get beaten by huge scores (From memory we only scored 2 tries across the 3 grades). The trip home felt like 20 hours

We even went to junior trials. I remember one trial game up at Windsor where a young Alexander was trialing. My dad commenting "this guy has some potential.

Have seen some real lows in my time, but they just make the highs better.

Pomoz

Bench
My first game, as a young teenager was in the early 80's

We got beaten by about 50 against the Magpies.

Have barely missed a home game since. (and quite a few away ones as well)

I remember a 12 hour overnight bus trip to Lang Park only to see 3 grades get beaten by huge scores (From memory we only scored 2 tries across the 3 grades). The trip home felt like 20 hours

We even went to junior trials. I remember one trial game up at Windsor where a young Alexander was trialing. My dad commenting "this guy has some potential.

Have seen some real lows in my time, but they just make the highs better.
I did a similar road trip to Canberra in the 80's. Lost in all three grades, Stuart, Daley, Clyde et al tore us a new one. The crowds were feral and mocked us in our Panthers gear. A silent drive back home to Penrith that evening.

I didn't know then that our try scoring freak Roycee, was going to silence them all. Eventually. My old friend Schadenfreude, he always lurks somewhere in the shadows waiting for the right moment to step forward and blow a raspberry in your face. It's why I don't gloat. Mr Schadenfreude loves gloaters.....

hindy111

Post Whore
Your own comment said you were glad to have a second team so you can watch them win. You have to see how strange that'd sound to the rest of the league that's built on tribalism.

Not everyone's the same. I have a polymourous relationship with rugby league.

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't flip flop. The 2022 grand final did not bring me joy. My Dad and all his brothers are eels supporters but growing up close to Penrith meant I had a connection to the local team.

It's not flip flopping. Eels come first.

hindy111

Post Whore
Then join, or fold, being fond of both just irritates me and most posters, as pointed out already...
.. I really don't care actually, you do have thick skin, and are fun to taunt, but if you're gonna be here be relevant to Penrith, don't start palming off parra players or parra news,, basically anything pawwa, we couldn't give less shits really, and it's also embarrassing

Someone else mentioned getting Hopgood back FFS.

hindy111

Post Whore
I won't go that far.

I am old enough and proud enough to tell everyone that I have been a Panthers fan since 1967.

We were brought up to go for the Panthers and whoever was playing Manly, but we always held a dislike for Parramatta, and my dear old dad was on the Penrith football club committee plus coaching the Harold Matt's in the late 70's early 80's, so watching from the grass roots was a given.

Allowing a Parra fan to constantly offer advice on what our club needs is like believing a politician around election time, you know it's bullshit but you listen and laugh.

Keep up the opinions though Hindy 111, it keeps this old fella amused.

When I offer advice it's as a Panthers fan.

Latest posts