What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other games 2024

chrisD

Coach
All our ex assistant coaches who were allegedly the real reason we were so good are proving average. Ivan is a top coach, intensity and defensive will are intangibles that come down to more than just individual player skill, it’s a culture thing, I don’t know exactly how much of the credit he deserves, but it should be apparent he’s had a leading hand in turning the culture from one of an also also ran into a high performance one. Identifying Edwards as our best fullback despite his very obvious deficiencies is the most obvious evidence of Ivan’s ability.

I wonder what he could have done with that Moylan/Cartwright side. Hell maybe he would have dropped them for attitude and defensive crap ness for all I know.

The Realist

Juniors
All our ex assistant coaches who were allegedly the real reason we were so good are proving average. Ivan is a top coach, intensity and defensive will are intangibles that come down to more than just individual player skill, it’s a culture thing, I don’t know exactly how much of the credit he deserves, but it should be apparent he’s had a leading hand in turning the culture from one of an also also ran into a high performance one. Identifying Edwards as our best fullback despite his very obvious deficiencies is the most obvious evidence of Ivan’s ability.

I wonder what he could have done with that Moylan/Cartwright side. Hell maybe he would have dropped them for attitude and defensive crap ness for all I know.

Ivan is not a reformist coach the way Bennett and to an extent Bellamy are. If you have a poor attitude or severe deficiencies Ivan kicks you to the curb unlike Bennett who has a way of turning around wayward talented players.

My bet is that he'd have kicked both Moylan and Carty to the curb at some point, after-all he kicked club legend and at the time Captain - Luke Lewis to the curb in his first coaching stint and also Jennings who was easily our biggest star and attacking weapon.

Whino

Bench
We had him, we let him go for reasons that are not entirely clear, but no going back. He’s a Rooster.

He was on Bloke in a Bar podcast earlier this year. He said he was on T&T contracts at Penrith. Quit after a year in SG Ball then came back because of Tiny.
He knew he had talent but thought he could coast along.
He said the club didn’t give a reason for his sacking, but he admitted he had a bad ego in the under 20's and didn't train hard enough.

age.s

First Grade
He was on Bloke in a Bar podcast earlier this year. He said he was on T&T contracts at Penrith. Quit after a year in SG Ball then came back because of Tiny.
He knew he had talent but thought he could coast along.
He said the club didn’t give a reason for his sacking, but he admitted he had a bad ego in the under 20's and didn't train hard enough.
Yeah. In his 20s...

Das Hassler

Bench
I

think less time than that the age of some of those kids and the talent is incredible up and down this year but from next year they will rise the ladder fast

I couldn't help but see a comparison with the raw talent of those teenagers yesterday to what's come from the Panthers nursery the last 4 or 5 years...not just with those particular young players but with the development model that's being built...homegrown talent playing for "their" area and club and that's been supercharged by Richo"s authority. We now have our first crop coming through who weren't even born when Benji flicked it to Pat Richards ! Developing your own talent...who would have thought that could work ?! :)

Latest posts