What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other games 2024

hindy111

Post Whore
I am not a fool and could see it coming. After rnd 8 I bet another forum member Parra wouldn't win more then 4 more games. If they win 5 bets cancelled. 6 or more and he wins.
We've won one since.

age.s

First Grade
The Tigers are such a poorly drilled team. There's some talent there but they're abysmally organised and only motivated sporadically.

I hate to pile on the guy, but the only thing theyll get out of Benji is more spoons.

Kilkenny

Coach
I was preparing to go out with friends for dinner tonight, was following the Bulldogs v Warriors game and with minutes to go Jaemon Salmon put a hit on TMM to me it looked high, it looked late and it appeared to be contact with the head. I jumped in the shower assuming it was going to be a penalty, perhaps a sin bin maybe even a send off. I only saw it once , I must have been wrong, it was cleared by the bunker. I now realise no penalty was awarded given I had my shower, enjoyed dinner with friends and have learnt the Bulldogs won in GP. Curious to know what others watching more closely may have thought about that tackle. Was it a legal tackle.

MugaB

Coach
I was preparing to go out with friends for dinner tonight, was following the Bulldogs v Warriors game and with minutes to go Jaemon Salmon put a hit on TMM to me it looked high, it looked late and it appeared to be contact with the head. I jumped in the shower assuming it was going to be a penalty, perhaps a sin bin maybe even a send off. I only saw it once , I must have been wrong, it was cleared by the bunker. I now realise no penalty was awarded given I had my shower, enjoyed dinner with friends and have learnt the Bulldogs won in GP. Curious to know what others watching more closely may have thought about that tackle. Was it a legal tackle.
Nope not legal, he never intended to pull out, it was late, and even though it was a head clash, Salmon looked like he lost a tooth and walked off the field injured, TMM continued on, no penalty, no nothing, wahs can't catch a break

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Was a head clash but the defender has been getting penalised for this for a while now.

Kilkenny

Coach
Nope not legal, he never intended to pull out, it was late, and even though it was a head clash, Salmon looked like he lost a tooth and walked off the field injured, TMM continued on, no penalty, no nothing, wahs can't catch a break
Well aren’t we on this ideology of protecting the head at all costs.

A player was sent of in SOO 1 for a tackle that went wrong by a milli second.

So can we explain the inconsistency from what happened tonight?

Why was it not deemed illegal contact and a penalty awarded?

Kilkenny

Coach
Yeah a late game / golden point special. The ref didn't want to decide the game
It’s just wrong. I’ll look forward to seeing a replay,or listening to what Andrew Webster has to say about it.

I could be wrong but I just assumed it was a clear cut penalty, game over probably given it occurred 25 metres out straight in front.

Kilkenny

Coach
Just watched the Andrew Webster press conference claimed to not have seen it, wouldn’t be drawn on it , fair play to him I guess. The only thing I’ll say is he saw it, everyone saw it, they have video in the box . Full credit to him for not calling it out, but given we see penalties awarded every week for ‘bitch’ slaps open handed contact with the face with no force whatsoever and this tackle went unpunished is just another blight in the inconsistency of the game and the app,i ation of the supposed rules. Cost a side two points.