What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other games 2024

Fangs

Coach
Well what a season from the Brisbane Broncos.

The 2023 version of Brisbane wins the premiership this year. Crazy fall from grace. Not the first time we've seen it under Kevvie's leadership.

The 2023 version of Brisbane wins the premiership this year. Crazy fall from grace. Not the first time we've seen it under Kevvie's leadership.
Said it another thread. Last year it was Reynolds coaching the team. This year it is Walters work.

I quite like the guy; if it wasn’t for the dumb mindfulness sh!t he comes out with I would feel sorry for him.

I just hope the first question a journo asks him next year at the first presser is ‘will you make the 8?’

BxTom

Bench
Said it another thread. Last year it was Reynolds coaching the team. This year it is Walters work.

I quite like the guy; if it wasn’t for the dumb mindfulness sh!t he comes out with I would feel sorry for him.

I just hope the first question a journo asks him next year at the first presser is ‘will you make the 8?’
His answer? This is the year!

This Broncos demise shows exactly the mindset of nearly all NRL clubs.

Stack the roster and try to win, next year.

Souths, Parra and now Brisbane have all fallen away drastically the year after having been humiliated by the Panthers in a grand final.

All three clubs are again years from being premiership threats again because they crave instant success rather than playing the long game and developing their own form of desire in an organisation that works for the combined efforts, not the bunch of salary driven egomaniacs we've all seen them try to win with.

The Panthers system, while not perfect, is miles ahead of all clubs, with the exception of the Storm, and with humility and desire will be for years to come.

hindy111

Post Whore
Storm look like the team to beat. Only chance is Penrith.
Next year Storm will be stronger again. Bar injuries
I do.hope Pamthers get the 4 peat but I still feel like Storm have the edge

MugaB

Coach
Storm look like the team to beat. Only chance is Penrith.
Next year Storm will be stronger again. Bar injuries
I do.hope Pamthers get the 4 peat but I still feel like Storm have the edge
Good stuff, if there's any consolation, I hope you guys win something, for parra get the spoon
videotogif_2024.08.31_16.02.52.gif

hindy111

Post Whore
Good stuff, if there's any consolation, I hope you guys win something, for parra get the spoon
View attachment 93586

I hate the Storm. I hate the fact they cheated and player obviously knew yet they all have been glorified and given TV JOBS.
If fully fit and Nathan fires Panthers can beat them. I.hope they do. But on form Storm.are the side to beat.

Went to the game. So many fans left by the 60th min.

Broncos were atrociously bad and because of that it embellished the Storms good performance even more so. If Broncos had better middle defence they would have easily stopped 24 points being scored down their guts. But they didn’t.

Main take aways I got watching live was: shore up the middle, stop the inside passes and supporting plays. That’s Hughes bread and butter either as a set up or a supporting player.

Man up on the sweep play out the back. Both Paps and Sua’s speed kills but if Panthers have been able to stop Walsh in the past with varying levels of success then they should have relatively less issue stopping Storm.

Cut down time to Munster. It automatically cuts down the space that his back rower has to work with as a result.

Wishart dummies and runs more often than passes. Matter of fact his passing is good but it’s not elite level, hence he prefers to run. Don’t fall for the dummy. Rush up together and snap him.

Latest posts