What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other games 2024

age.s

First Grade
Bellamy will always be overrated, due to the fact the hype around him as a coach began when he was cheating. Similarly Bennett's hype began with those insanely stacked Broncos sides. Both have done well outside of those periods, but take them out and their records are much more modest.

A few on here like to claim Ivan is kissed on the dick with this roster, and there's probably an element of that involved. But it's not like the other coaches in GOAT discussions don't have a bunch of asterisks on their records too. Ivan at least build his squad legally, in a time when the rules make the landscape far more competetive than it has been in virtually any other time in history.

maple_69

Bench
I’m interested to hear how you guys view the levels both Melbourne and Penrith are at now (assume Penrith play to the level we did against the Chooks) vs when we played each other 6 weeks ago? I was overseas and couldn’t catch that game. Before I went away they were playing like garbage frankly but, to their credit, getting away with wins. Then they started actually building form into last night.

Their spine is obviously lethal, I just wonder how they’ll fair against our line speed and go forward. Man for man their pack and back 5 look like they should get thoroughly flogged in the territory battle, particularly with NAS out.

If we do make it through, it shapes as a similar match up as previous grand finals where we spend most of the game patiently strangling and bashing them and they need to counterpunch and run high risk plays to break out of it and hope it comes off. I guess how much they’re allowed to get away with in the ruck will play a role.

Iamback

Coach
Bellamy gets every drop of juice out of a lemon though. Everyone talks about him and Bennet as the GOATS, but Bellamy is on a level all by himself.

We can beat them no doubt at all and probably should, but if both teams play somewhere near their best it will be a hell of a contest.

Just need to get it done tonight with no injuries or suspensions.

That was behind my frustration in the regular season. Our Halves and Wingers are even but in every other position on paper we are much better.

They are just well coached and do their role well

Black Diamond

Juniors
I’m interested to hear how you guys view the levels both Melbourne and Penrith are at now (assume Penrith play to the level we did against the Chooks) vs when we played each other 6 weeks ago? I was overseas and couldn’t catch that game. Before I went away they were playing like garbage frankly but, to their credit, getting away with wins. Then they started actually building form into last night.

Their spine is obviously lethal, I just wonder how they’ll fair against our line speed and go forward. Man for man their pack and back 5 look like they should get thoroughly flogged in the territory battle, particularly with NAS out.

If we do make it through, it shapes as a similar match up as previous grand finals where we spend most of the game patiently strangling and bashing them and they need to counterpunch and run high risk plays to break out of it and hope it comes off. I guess how much they’re allowed to get away with in the ruck will play a role.
Correct me if I'm wrong, just trusting my memory here....the game we played Storm was the game Nath was injured so we didn't have him for a large chunk of the game and I think we were missing our back rowers Marto, Sorro and Garns. So assuming I got that all right, we are a vastly different team now. They only just beat us.

Happy to be corrected here.

Chins get the wins

First Grade

Papi sweeping around and running at Tago is the only worry we have apart from Nathan's body

Iamback

Coach
Correct me if I'm wrong, just trusting my memory here....the game we played Storm was the game Nath was injured so we didn't have him for a large chunk of the game and I think we were missing our back rowers Marto, Sorro and Garns. So assuming I got that all right, we are a vastly different team now. They only just beat us.

Happy to be corrected here.

Yep. Round 1 Kenny and someone else was out too.

Missing the backrow was huge for kick pressure and we stop atleast 1 of the 2 tries off kicks with them in

Goonji

Juniors
Bellamy gets every drop of juice out of a lemon though. Everyone talks about him and Bennet as the GOATS, but Bellamy is on a level all by himself.

We can beat them no doubt at all and probably should, but if both teams play somewhere near their best it will be a hell of a contest.

Just need to get it done tonight with no injuries or suspensions.
4 years in a row we have the best defence in the NRL

Someone2

Bench
You're going to be watching next Sunday right? Its going to be a great game of footy.

Don't forget to tune in tonight too.
Melbourne can start printing their premiers shirts now . Happy for them they been the best team all year and play entertaining footy

as for tonight need panthers to win 14+ over 43pts scored

Fangs

Coach
Melbourne can start printing their premiers shirts now . Happy for them they been the best team all year and play entertaining footy

Keep this nonsense up and you'll be put in my sig.

as for tonight need panthers to win 14+ over 43pts scored

That's more like it but the Sharks won't score many points tonight. So you'll need the black attack to show up.

Imagine yourself praying for a field goal from Nathan Cleary while kneeling in front of your TV to reach 43+ points.