What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other Games, Teams & Players...

LINESPEED

Juniors
Thought l'd start a thread so members can comment of other games, other teams, players & incidents, happening each week.
--------------------------------------------------

Have just noticed that the Titans have smacked Newcastle 38 - 14.
One would have consider Browns days are numbered.

I'm pleased to see my local team get another win.

Brownie will be coming to the Dragons as Waterboy’s assistant - along with Trent of course.

Great wins

Great linespeed at last

Maybe if we bang on about something for long enough word filters through to the Dullard from the fan base?

(Although I really attribute the changes in tempo to Big Red - who’s worth his weight in gold)

And a hammy off the bone is soon about to deliver us our best team Frank

If as a player I had 90% of the fan base saying Zac was better for the team, I’d accede out of humility and ask to play in another position FMD

Decisions should be all about the team - not the individual, their ego or career?

Last edited:

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Sticky is the nearest thing to Mary in NRL coaching circles: similar length of service at Canberra, similar lack of success at club level, ex player (elite level), immune to any performance criteria that other coaches have to meet, etc. Although he did win a title with the Roosters.

..... so however bad people may think of Sticky, as you say, he won a premiership.
How bad does that make Moonraker?
Ok, l didn't ask that....

Early days of course but Canberra have really surprised me. I really thought they would struggle this year due to losing two big units in Boyd and Paulo. But after watching them it’s not hard to see why they are winning. For one Batemans form is even better then the headlines he’s receiving. Also the lack of size in the forwards seems to be somewhat compensated by the big powerful backs. Leillua is the obvious, but Jack Wighton appears really strong as are the wingers. Canberra got really good metres (and momentum) a few times when Cotric, followed by Rapanna systematically ran at pace into the defensive line and got really good post contact metres. The big fullback Klodstad hits the line like a hard running backrower also.
The changes Canberra have made from last year have really made a huge difference.
By swapping out Boyd (just a big slug IMO - XL version of Latimore) and Paulo with their Pommie connection and at the same time moving Papali to prop - they have made their pack a lot more mobile and less vulnerable to fatigue.
Wighton to 5/8 looks to be a master stroke - looks very dangerous and plays with a lot of energy and is a dynamic ball runner but that's not all..
Croker back at centre after a long lay off due to injury also makes a huge difference.
Add their other assets (Rapana. Leilua + Klodstad) and they are a team to be reckoned with in 2019.

FlameThrower

Bench
How good does that BankWest Parra stadium look!
Already purchased tickets for the Parra v Dragons clash there.
WIN and Jubilee look s bit dated now..,
Some clubs being very well looked after it would seem.

ALSGI

Bench
If you give a university level multiple choice question to a bunch of kindergartners...
Yep does look good - when it’s full.
Wonder how full it would be if Parra weren’t going so well?
Still, they were very good tonight against a pretty shit Tigers.
Just booked tickets for our game there in 2 weeks, looking forward to checking out the stadium and the Mighty Dragons first win there.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Yep does look good - when it’s full.
Wonder how full it would be if Parra weren’t going so well?
Still, they were very good tonight against a pretty shit Tigers.
Just booked tickets for our game there in 2 weeks, looking forward to checking out the stadium and the Mighty Dragons first win there.

The new Parra ground looked great.
It reminded me of Premier League stadiums in England and Europe.
Happy for Parra to get a good win for their fans.
McGuire really has his work cut out at the Tigers.
Hope Packer is loving the big dollars trade off for a chance to play with a much better team. Its not as if we were paying him peanuts.

The new Parra ground looked great.
It reminded me of Premier League stadiums in England and Europe.
Happy for Parra to get a good win for their fans.
McGuire really has his work cut out at the Tigers.
Hope Packer is loving the big dollars trade off for a chance to play with a much better team. Its not as if we were paying him peanuts.
if I was to compare it to a soccer stadium it would be sunderlands stadium of light!

gitano

Juniors
Brownie will be coming to the Dragons as Waterboy’s assistant - along with Trent of course.

Great wins

Great linespeed at last

Maybe if we bang on about something for long enough word filters through to the Dullard from the fan base?

(Although I really attribute the changes in tempo to Big Red - who’s worth his weight in gold)

And a hammy off the bone is soon about to deliver us our best team Frank

If as a player I had 90% of the fan base saying Zac was better for the team, I’d accede out of humility and ask to play in another position FMD

Decisions should be all about the team - not the individual, their ego or career?
There's a lot more that makes a good player than 90% of the people here realise, or will ever see.

Where's the mic drop emoji...

jeffdragon

Bench
if I was to compare it to a soccer stadium it would be sunderlands stadium of light!

Eels get a new stadium .
Most of them wanted to be part of a new stadium.
There was 29k today but still plenty of spare seats.
They said sellout , well where were all the people that didn't turn up.

Crush

Coach
..... so however bad people may think of Sticky, as you say, he won a premiership.
How bad does that make Moonraker?
Ok, l didn't ask that....
Ricky has a shocking record. He has destroyed teams, won spoons, finished careers. He is shocking. The comp he won at Roosters was basically a team of immortals when he took it over, your niece could have won that comp.
Ricky is the worst coach in the comp.

blacksafake

First Grade
I’m lucky enough to have friends who are eels members of which one can’t make it & I’ll be using their seat. Really looking forward to seeing the stadium.Hopefully we put in a better effort than the tigers.

Latest posts