What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other games

Pomoz

Bench
Barrett is such a bad coach.

The Dogs team has a heap of talent and he had NFI what to do with it.
He coached our juniors to ninth position. You do the math. Barrett was a better player than Bellamy, Gus, Robinson and Bennett. But you don't need to be a good player to be a good coach. Watch his defence video on Youtube. He knows the tactical side of the game really well. Listen to how he explains it though. So devoid of colour and imagination it makes watching grass grow a viable alternative.

That's not his fault. Somebody with leadership experience should have identified his communication problem and how that would be a problem as a coach. The juniors results were an early warning sign.

Fangs

Coach
Burton doing things nicely so far. He is getting better in the 6 with each game.

Calls for him to move back to centre or the forwards full time are just premature. I just checked and today is only his 29th game starting in the halves. Cleary had 89 starts at halfback before the 2020 season. If he is the model for experience/performance then Burton has got plenty of time.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Burton doing things nicely so far. He is getting better in the 6 with each game.

Calls for him to move back to centre or the forwards full time are just premature. I just checked and today is only his 29th game starting in the halves. Cleary had 89 starts at halfback before the 2020 season. If he is the model for experience/performance then Burton has got plenty of time.
Anyone who thinks he's anything other than a 6 is pretty clueless

Smug Panther

First Grade
I thought Luai might hold on to the NSW jersey for another year but I'm not so sure now. It's only a matter of time till it's Burton's

Munky

Coach
I thought Luai might hold on to the NSW jersey for another year but I'm not so sure now. It's only a matter of time till it's Burton's

Yep, if only for the fact that NSW is desperate for a second kicker.

Allows both him and Cleary to line up in position on the last.

Fangs

Coach
Left foot kicker too. Big body which is the NSW way. Will be tough for Luai to hang on to the 6.

Hynes is the other guy but his defense is still suss.

Anyone who thinks he's anything other than a 6 is pretty clueless
I’m pretty clueless. I must admit I didn’t see todays game (or a few others recently) because the early game on Sunday is just too early in the UK, but I haven’t seen him do anything that he couldn’t do better if there was someone more creative inside him and he gets more space. His best attributes are his step and his hole running, while he can kick from other positions.

Also his step, which in my opinion is his best weapon, is completely negated on the right hand side of the field.

I guess I’ll turn it around; why do you think 6 is his best position?

Smug Panther

First Grade
I’m pretty clueless. I must admit I didn’t see todays game (or a few others recently) because the early game on Sunday is just too early in the UK, but I haven’t seen him do anything that he couldn’t do better if there was someone more creative inside him and he gets more space. His best attributes are his step and his hole running, while he can kick from other positions.

Also his step, which in my opinion is his best weapon, is completely negated on the right hand side of the field.

I guess I’ll turn it around; why do you think 6 is his best position?
He's far too talented to be camped on 1 side of the field. He's a classic big 6, has all the tools needed and is improving every single week. The year at centre was great for us but not so good for his development. He also has the biggest boot in the history of the sport. The only other position that wouldn't waste his skill set it fullback.

He's far too talented to be camped on 1 side of the field. He's a classic big 6, has all the tools needed and is improving every single week. The year at centre was great for us but not so good for his development. He also has the biggest boot in the history of the sport. The only other position that wouldn't waste his skill set it fullback.
What have you seen that suggests he would be effective on the right hand side of the field?

Serious question? It happens rarely, but the ball dies in his hands when he does switch because his passing is poor (maybe charitably you could claim improving, but from a very low base) and his step is ineffective?

Smug Panther

First Grade
What have you seen that suggests he would be effective on the right hand side of the field?

Serious question? It happens rarely, but the ball dies in his hands when he does switch because his passing is poor (maybe charitably you could claim improving, but from a very low base) and his step is ineffective?
He'll be effective anywhere he's a freak. Sure he'll predominantly play left but he's too good to waste away at centre or backrow. I'm obviously a massive fan so I've watched every Dogs game and he's had at least 5 try assists lost from passes dropped over the try line or with the try line wide open. He'll make the Australian world cup squad, he's that good

He'll be effective anywhere he's a freak. Sure he'll predominantly play left but he's too good to waste away at centre or backrow. I'm obviously a massive fan so I've watched every Dogs game and he's had at least 5 try assists lost from passes dropped over the try line or with the try line wide open. He'll make the Australian world cup squad, he's that good
I’m not trying to be obtuse, but what makes him so good? I haven’t seen as much of him as you, but what I have seen he has been solid but not great (with the exception of Origin 2, which showed his value as a second kicking option).

Smug Panther

First Grade
Great vision, he's very smart he's somehow found a way to create a successful combo with the Fox despite them being the only 2 good players in the side. The defence stacks that side and they are still scoring every week. Just watch a few games and see for yourself

Fangs

Coach
Very soft try to conceede but they were soaking up plenty of pressure. Dragons are still in it.

Latest posts