What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other NRL Games

ouryears

Bench
I presume you are joking.
Bellamy is by far the best coach in the nrl. You know that though.
Seriously I don't mate.
I will tell you why I think he is not.

A. Has coached only one team that has had Smith, Slater and Cronk and half the origin team for years.

B. If he is a great coach, then every QLD origin coach is also a great coach over the past 11 years. Or do you think it's because they have had Smith, Slater and Cronk for all those years?

C. He was given a go as NSW SOO coach and dismally failed.
Oh that's right, no Smith, Slater or Cronk.

D. He was one of the master minds of salary cap rorting for many years, spending a million dollars more every year.

Don't tell me he didn't know.
If you say he didn't, then he is a dumb shit. Which we know he isn't.

E. Introduced ugly body twisting, wrestling, neck twisting and chicken wing tackles into his team's repertoire. His tactics are a blight on the game, he does not care about the game, he will cheat and introduce all grubby tactics to win.

Is that a great coach?

F. Got beat in a GF 40-0 by Manly. Great coaches don't lose 40-0 in a GF.

The fact that he has been part of ALL the above makes him a loser, not a winner.

Olympic winners who cheated are never recognised for being great across their 10 year career, once a cheat always a cheat.

Tell me a few positive things Bellamy has done to make the game better.... or what he has given back to the game?

Waiting with my breath held.

ouryears

Bench
All your anger and hatred towards Storm is well founded but in this instance they are doing the correct thing by exposing the NRL for the incompetent fools and morons they are
You presume they are not sucking it up but they aren’t asking for Manly to be stripped of 2 points or for a rematch
They are just being professional in highlighting a gross error by the NRL itself so accept it for what it is.

I don't hate them, I don't hate anyone. Hate is violent, why would I hate them? I am not angry with them either.

However, I have no respect for them.
I don't like them.
They are cheats and grubs for well documented reasons.

For the same reasons Mundine is a blight on boxing.
That Carney is a blight on our game.

If Mundine whinged or protested would you care?

If Carney protested that he isn't allowed back in first grade would you care?

I don't care that a player came back on 100 seconds too early.

Don't interpret lack of respect as hate or anger.

If you feel for the Storm or you respect them, I find it concerning.

Last edited:

rednwhites

Juniors
This referee love for the Broncos is beyond a joke now. Parramatta will be fuming with some of the calls and lack thereof, and deservedly so. Another game destroyed by refereeing, and it is an obvious bias towards the Brisbane team, again.

Crush

Coach
I don't mind the broncos. I hope they are in the top 4.
I have a soft spot for Wayne.
Love Jimmy. Isaako is great.
Boyd is an honest bloke. I hope they do well.

Old Timer

Coach
This referee love for the Broncos is beyond a joke now. Parramatta will be fuming with some of the calls and lack thereof, and deservedly so. Another game destroyed by refereeing, and it is an obvious bias towards the Brisbane team, again.
Has to laugh when they had a try pulled back for a forward pass but they all missed the blatant shepherd of which there were a few on their part.
Absolutely no doubt they are a "preferred" team and get plenty go there way despite the ridiculous allegation (smokescreen) by Bennett that their is a deliberate bias against them.
Must be a lot of younger posters in here because they keep giving to to Bellamy & Storm re dirty tactics, rorting the system etc etc FMD they have got nothing on what Bennett and Broncos got away with long before the Storm.

Crush

Coach
Jonathan Thurston is dead set having a shocker of a season.
Poor old fella. One season too many.
If only all of them could go out a champion like Mick Ennis.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I agree with you regarding Thurston. It is unbelievable how bad his form is this year

I will also add that Nth Qld and Melbourne certainly are not looking like they are well coached this season. Is it Bellamy's and Greens coaching to blame for them both playing so poorly?

The Damo

Juniors
Has to laugh when they had a try pulled back for a forward pass but they all missed the blatant shepherd of which there were a few on their part.
Absolutely no doubt they are a "preferred" team and get plenty go there way despite the ridiculous allegation (smokescreen) by Bennett that their is a deliberate bias against them.
Must be a lot of younger posters in here because they keep giving to to Bellamy & Storm re dirty tactics, rorting the system etc etc FMD they have got nothing on what Bennett and Broncos got away with long before the Storm.
Some of us are in the sweet spot of age where our earliest football hate was Bennett and the broncos through the 90’s, I remember being near inconsolable after 93 And then seeing Alfies little song a lifelong enmity begin. then the cursed year 99 came, and so was born a new nemesis - little did I know then the saga of cheating, chicken winging, choking, two contract signing scum they would become. f**k the broncos. f**k the storm.

But there’s no denying they’re the two best coaches of the last 3 decades, and I’d sell my grandmother to get Bellamy as our coach.

The Damo

Juniors
I only caught the last ten minutes tonight - and Thurston is shot. I’ve never seen him look anywhere near that bad. They were down by 1 with 5 minutes to go, had the ball 10m out from the tryline, and he looked lost, didn’t know what to do. And then just let let the play go away from him and didn’t want to be involved. Never seen that from him before.

ouryears

Bench
I agree with you regarding Thurston. It is unbelievable how bad his form is this year

I will also add that Nth Qld and Melbourne certainly are not looking like they are well coached this season. Is it Bellamy's and Greens coaching to blame for them both playing so poorly?

But Frank, isn't Bellamy the new Jesus in Earth?

Isn't he the greatest coach on the history of the game?

It's not his fault the tigers beat them twice, that we put them to the sword.... and that they play boring shitty football.

Bellamy is the greatest thing since sliced bread...so you leave the BUTTERCUP alone Frank.

ouryears

Bench
I only caught the last ten minutes tonight - and Thurston is shot. I’ve never seen him look anywhere near that bad. They were down by 1 with 5 minutes to go, had the ball 10m out from the tryline, and he looked lost, didn’t know what to do. And then just let let the play go away from him and didn’t want to be involved. Never seen that from him before.
I am astounded how lost and poor he is playing. I think he already has his retirement pyjamas on together with his favourite dressing gown.