What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our attack

eel01s

Bench
Obviously Foran has had limited time in training, due to his hamstrings. It has been reported that he did not train today. With that in mind, is it any wonder that our attack is disjointed and we are not giving Semi and Jennings more room to move?

How are they running attacking drills at training? Is Norman organizing the plays? Is Kelly filling in at half?

Hopefully things will resolve themselves once (if) Foran gets 100% fit.

ash411

Bench
Agreed. our attack on Saturday was a massive improvement on last week, but still not what I was expecting to see from the foran/norman combo. But lets give them a few weeks to figure it down before we start sh*#tting on them.

How about that defense though? Our forward pack is the best we've had in many years, something we've definitely been missing in recent years, and it's showing. Such a shame we're going to lose Junior at the end of the year... I'm really disappointed about that.

hindy111

Post Whore
Attacking threats bar halves -

Jennings
Taka
Semi
Gordon
Manu
KE
Kaysa

Enough attacking players. What are peoples thoughts on Gutherson? I know its early and he is coming off an ACL injury but would he be better served getting some fitness back in Wenty.He has not impressed me a lot as of yet. If Morgan was available id rather slip him on the wing. Faster and better feet along with better defender.
Id also consider Toutai.

Once Bevan and Moss are fit they may also push for his spot if he doesnt improve.
My problem with him is he doesn't look fast or strong or slippery.

^b0ss^

Juniors
i think personally gutho has played pretty avg,but in saying that who is there to take his spot?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Gutherson has pretty much made the most metres from our backs in the last two games. First week there were defensive issues on his side (was this his fault ? Or a combo of factors)and he has looked a little uncomfortable under the high ball.

But he hasn't bit totally terrible.

I would just give him some time, don't forget he really is just a rookie who has just come back from nearly 12 months on the sideline. As usual I think some are expecting to much from a rookie, he needs time to get some experience.

yy_cheng

Coach
Attacking threats bar halves -

Jennings
Taka
Semi
Gordon
Manu
KE
Kaysa

Enough attacking players. What are peoples thoughts on Gutherson? I know its early and he is coming off an ACL injury but would he be better served getting some fitness back in Wenty.He has not impressed me a lot as of yet. If Morgan was available id rather slip him on the wing. Faster and better feet along with better defender.
Id also consider Toutai.

Once Bevan and Moss are fit they may also push for his spot if he doesnt improve.
My problem with him is he doesn't look fast or strong or slippery.

I think Burnett should come in for Gutho

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gutho is two games back from an ACL, and is also a 7 games rookie.

Think some people were expecting too much from him too early.

lingard

Coach
I was very impressed with Michael Gordon. Played a very nice fullback's game in both attack and defence.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Farimo is not the answer, good from dummy half but is pretty average defensively and as slow as a wet week.

Gutho is two games back from an ACL, and is also a 7 games rookie.

Think some people were expecting too much from him too early.

He just hasn't offered much or shown much tbh. I wouldn't cut him now but gee I don't see what all the fuss is about. He seems pretty standard. I would honestly give toutai a go with all his flaws or chuck in French.

hindy111

Post Whore
With Gutherson - If you take away any errors. He still lacks genuine speed
has not got great acceleration or power. And yet to see much foot work.

hindy111

Post Whore
We're two games into the season ffs.

Yes i know, its just talk.Other options -
toutai he has awesome power and a bit of footwork, also decent acceleration. He lacks finishing ability and safety. But if you fixed those problems you can see a very good player.

Falou is slow but physically powerfull - hard to stop and hits like a brick.Not the speed to be elite but if was fool proof in other areas could still make it.

Tuha/Faraimo - Power runners.Hard to stop. But obvious flaws as well.

Moss/Bevan-Blinding speed- High skill level and foot work. Faults are they dont have the physical size.

Schulte - No real power-Not great speed- No foot work. Has size thou and if can be fool proof and a good finisher maybe become a safe reliable option.

Morgan - Superior to everyone listed and better then gutherson in most departments

How did Nathan Davis go for Titans-His stats look decent.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Gutherson hasn't even had a chance to show his speed, so not sure how it can be suggested he is slow.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
He just hasn't offered much or shown much tbh. I wouldn't cut him now but gee I don't see what all the fuss is about. He seems pretty standard. I would honestly give toutai a go with all his flaws or chuck in French.

Toutai isn't a winger, he's a centre and he's proven that in first grade and Wenty. French is only just coming back from a hand injury, that and the fact is he isn't top 25 and not training full-time will mean that he isn't picked in first grade for some time.