What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our bench

Rsag85

Bench
I don’t think there will be mass changes either.

Seibs won’t sit Clarky out of his last home game for us in the regular season.

If anything Britt comes in for Tatola who looks fat.

So that would mean no props on the bench

Rsag85

Bench
I don’t think there will be mass changes either.

Seibs won’t sit Clarky out of his last home game for us in the regular season.

If anything Britt comes in for Tatola who looks fat.

Just because it’s Clatk last home game doesn’t mean he has to be picked

Should judge the side on performance and last performance he was poor.

ThingFish

Juniors
Just because it’s Clatk last home game doesn’t mean he has to be picked

Should judge the side on performance and last performance he was poor.
If you sacked players on a poor last performance, we’d only have about 3-4 left in the team. You would have to question a coach that makes knee jerk sackings based on one performance.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I agree that there is no need to swing the axe but after three straight losses there needs to at least be a reshuffle.

I don’t know about a reshuffle either because I think both all the Burgess starting allows us to get a roll on effect going throughout the game. We have one of the best forward packs in the comp in the opening 20 and we only really need our bench players to sustain pressure I just feel as if we threw that game pretty hard. If we hold onto the ball, I reckon we win. It just looked like we were in 2017 again with all the errors. Canberra aren’t a great all round side but if you give them that much ball they’re always gonna put points on you.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I don’t know about a reshuffle either because I think both all the Burgess starting allows us to get a roll on effect going throughout the game. We have one of the best forward packs in the comp in the opening 20 and we only really need our bench players to sustain pressure I just feel as if we threw that game pretty hard. If we hold onto the ball, I reckon we win. It just looked like we were in 2017 again with all the errors. Canberra aren’t a great all round side but if you give them that much ball they’re always gonna put points on you.
Britt is coming onto the bench Seibs has said.

I’d say probs for Tatola who looks fat.

Travitoh

First Grade

The past two weeks have shown me that we aren't getting enough impact from the bench. The starting pack is outstanding but there is nobody to be injected into the game that is capable of turning momentum when it is against us.
So much of our gameplan revolves around the power of our pack getting quick PTB's for Cook to dart out of dummy half. It's great when it works but if we don't get that run on in the first 20 minutes, there is nobody on our bench to provide that spark of power when George goes off. Sure Tom is still on but by then he's starting to blow a bit and won't be as effective as he would be if he was fresh.
The way i view it is that we gain more on our bench by having George coming on after 20 than we would lose with Murray starting at lock.
Come finals we're going to need 80 minute performances but i feel that the current setup is only for 50 and spend the other 30 treading water hoping for the best.

Just mentioned in another thread that the Tigers generally unleash their 1-5 in our middle and move our big boys around quite a bit. I'd have no problem with not picking any props on the bench for this game because of that. They don't beat us by sheer size, they beat us by targeting our big boys with speed and footwork around the ruck. If we name a team full of mobile tackling machines for this game, it will negate their advantage.

Rsag85

Bench
No props on the bench this week

14. Hymel Hunt
15. Cameron Murray
16. Jason Clark
17. Dean Britt

Last edited:

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
The past two weeks have shown me that we aren't getting enough impact from the bench. The starting pack is outstanding but there is nobody to be injected into the game that is capable of turning momentum when it is against us.
So much of our gameplan revolves around the power of our pack getting quick PTB's for Cook to dart out of dummy half. It's great when it works but if we don't get that run on in the first 20 minutes, there is nobody on our bench to provide that spark of power when George goes off. Sure Tom is still on but by then he's starting to blow a bit and won't be as effective as he would be if he was fresh.
The way i view it is that we gain more on our bench by having George coming on after 20 than we would lose with Murray starting at lock.
Come finals we're going to need 80 minute performances but i feel that the current setup is only for 50 and spend the other 30 treading water hoping for the best.

I definitely don’t claim to know Seibold’s game plan but I think the idea of having a bench with players like Clark, Murray and Tatola is to sustain that pressure through not making silly errors and just doing their job. I understand where you’re coming from with the whole constant pressure by having burgii on the field for the full 80 minutes but I just think if everyone does their job it shouldn’t matter. I also think it may damage George’s confidence if you demote him to the bench (even if that wasn’t the intention). Roosters and Broncos games we were down players so I think they can be excused but the Canberra game was just us killing ourselves. Seibs must not of been happy with Tatola though as it looks as if he’s been dropped for Britt.

Travitoh

First Grade
I definitely don’t claim to know Seibold’s game plan but I think the idea of having a bench with players like Clark, Murray and Tatola is to sustain that pressure through not making silly errors and just doing their job. I understand where you’re coming from with the whole constant pressure by having burgii on the field for the full 80 minutes but I just think if everyone does their job it shouldn’t matter. I also think it may damage George’s confidence if you demote him to the bench (even if that wasn’t the intention). Roosters and Broncos games we were down players so I think they can be excused but the Canberra game was just us killing ourselves. Seibs must not of been happy with Tatola though as it looks as if he’s been dropped for Britt.

We all see games differently but I've felt George's better influential games this season have been off the bench. There were times that his injection into the game lifted the team after a lethargic beginning. Nobody outside of the current starting pack have shown that they can produce the same impact.
Earlier in the season there were a lot of plaudits for Leeson Ah Mau's efforts from the bench and that is how i propose we use George.
Cam Murray we all know is very capable of starting at lock, featuring in the majority of peoples top 3's when he has this season.
It's not just about getting the most out of George but the forward set up as a whole.