What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Best and our worst.

Collateral

Coach
So far this season I have been suprised by the performances of some players, both good performances and bad. Here's my list, what do you guys think? Disagree or can add someone I forgot?

Tops

Lance Thompson - has only had about 2 bad games this season, the rest have been OUTSTANDING. Since he got fit in the off-season he has been in the best form of his career.

Luke Bailey - He has lifted yet another notch up and unbelievably is playing better and longer than he did last year. Off-season fitness training has seen him be able to play about 70mins a game while topping the tackle count and featuring in the hit-ups.

Jason Ryles - Is playing a lot longer and a lot harder. Doing more of the dirty work like Bailey. Less of an impact player now and more of a workhorse but has the ability to be both. I was suprised that he lasts about 70mins a game also since the off-season.

Matt Cooper - I never used to rate him....until he moved into the centres. He has been in such hot form that he has been keeping Timmo out of the centres.

Shaun Timmins - I deadset love this bloke. He has had the hardest past couple of years and keeps coming back and is a game breaker. Able to pull off a big hit to lift his team (and fans). Can score tries and brings a State Of Origin feel to every game he plays. He has that much talent and it ruds off on everyone.

Not So Good

Amos Roberts - Wing is by far his best position and he has carved the opposition up everytime he played there previous to the first round of this season. His goal-kicking just keeps getting worse and worse. The great thing though is he is now a very solid defender.

Ben Hornby - Isn't really the impact player he can be. He needs to take on the line more and more often. Good long kicking game though. I would rather him being a utility off the bench.

Reece Simmonds - I thought he would of stepped up to first grade more than he did. I really want him to stay at Saints as I believe he is our best Fullback by far. Toughest little player I have seen in ages.

Brent Kite - Needs to step up and make sure he earns his spot in First grade.

Well thats what I think. What do you guys (Willow) :lol: think about it? anything you would like to add?

Noodles

Juniors
I'd add Gasnier to the list of Tops players

I think he is our best attacking player at the moment.

You might be a little harsh on Simmons. He hasn't been given much of a go.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Jason Ryles - Is playing a lot longer and a lot harder. Doing more of the dirty work like Bailey. Less of an impact player now and more of a workhorse but has the ability to be both. I was suprised that he lasts about 70mins a game also since the off-season.

Agreed.

Godz Illa

Coach
imo Ryles, Cooper and Hornby are good, the rest are sh*t. Except Reece.

Noodles: the Leo Clarke of LU. A brief but memorable career.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I'd add Gasnier to the list of Tops players

I think he is our best attacking player at the moment.

You might be a little harsh on Simmons. He hasn't been given much of a go.
Btw, long time no see Noodles. Hope to see you posting more. :thumn

stg666

Juniors
month or so back now. has bad knees and diabetes. he said that he made his decision after his little girl beat him in a race.

Collateral

Coach
Sweet Mother of God!

For a second there I thought I'd must of dropped some acid and gone on some horrible internet tangent...Im still expecting big things from Reece Simmonds, possibly in a Political roll.