What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Best Team!

Vicious

Bench
1-Brett Hodgson
2-Jason Moodie
3-Dean Collis
4-Bronson Harrison
5-Pat Richards(INJURED)/Luke Covell
6-Benji Marshall
7-Scott Prince
13-Scott Sattler(C)
12-Chris Heighnington
11-Anthony Laffranchi
10-John Skandalis
9-Darren Senter
8-Todd Payten
RESERVES
14-Dean Halatau
15-Robbie Farah
16-Liam Fulton
17-Bryce Gibbs

simon says

First Grade
I dont think that Harrison or Collis are ready for first grade yet.And that bench has 2 locks and a hooker.

Not even close to our best team IMHO.

Vicious

Bench
It irritates the **** out of me hearing people say that certain players are too young and they shouldn`t be rushed into 1st grade!
Whats better,playing youngsters with class and scoring a few points or sticking with some of these has beens who never were and scoring NONE!

Anonymous

Juniors
Vicious said:
It irritates the **** out of me hearing people say that certain players are too young and they shouldn`t be rushed into 1st grade!
Whats better,playing youngsters with class and scoring a few points or sticking with some of these has beens who never were and scoring NONE!

Shit mate, they're not too young, they're just not GOOD enough YET.

Vicious

Bench
I bet the likes of the Bulldogs,Roosters,Dragons and co will think they`re good enough in a year or so if we don`t start playing them!

simon says

First Grade
Balmain_Boy said:
Vicious said:

sh*t mate, they're not too young, they're just not GOOD enough YET.

Exactly.I never said they were too young.If youre good enough youre old enough.I just dont rate em better than the blokes we have there now.Ive seen a lot of em and I reckon about this time next year,after a full season of PL they will be ready.

I just hope Sheens doesnt persist in giving them 20 minute bursts here and there.Full games to get their confidence up in PL please......

Vicious

Bench
simon says said:
Balmain_Boy said:
Vicious said:

Exactly.I never said they were too young.If youre good enough youre old enough.I just dont rate em better than the blokes we have there now.Ive seen a lot of em and I reckon about this time next year,after a full season of PL they will be ready.

I just hope Sheens doesnt persist in giving them 20 minute bursts here and there.Full games to get their confidence up in PL please......
Have you blokes noticed how Sonny Bill Williams and Karmichael Hunt have been going this year?Would they be too young for 1st grade at the tigers?

T

Juniors
best yeam would have to be
hodgson
moodie
elford
bronson
richards
prince
marshall
payton
farah
skandalis
laffranchi
viane
sattler

galea
lima
gibbs
halatua
that team wouldn't let any one down even though they are young :p

oro

Juniors
Vicious said:

Vicious, great post!

I'd rather have the young players in the side making a few mistakes but contributing the skills and talent that many of our existing players don't have.

westie

Bench
SBW had one good game in a team that completely dominated Parra. Would you play Hunt over Hodgo? I think not.

simon says

First Grade
Vicious said:
simon says said:
Balmain_Boy said:
Vicious said:

Have you blokes noticed how Sonny Bill Williams and Karmichael Hunt have been going this year?Would they be too young for 1st grade at the tigers?

Where hhave I said they are too young??????Ive said the opposite.I just dont think they are good enough.Age has nothing to do with it.....

Understand??????Their age isnt a consideration.I just dont think they are GOOD enough!!!!!!!!

Gobbso

Juniors
I think what Simon was trying to say was that they are still to raw. They would struggle to compete in 1st Grade, not that they are too young. Players like Williams, Marshall and Hunt have matured quickly and have proven to handle the fast pace and skill level of the modern game, although still have alot to learn, they are one step ahead of others in their age group. Every individual is different. Given time, they will get there sooner than later.

Vicious

Bench
The whole issue is the fact that the centres and second rowers that have played up until this stage are hopeless!
O`Neill,Graham,Wilson,Elford,Fitzhenry. They would all struggle to make the Souths side!

simon says

First Grade
Vicious said:
The whole issue is the fact that the centres and second rowers that have played up until this stage are hopeless!
O`Neill,Graham,Wilson,Elford,Fitzhenry. They would all struggle to make the Souths side!

On that we agree.Backrow and centres have been very dissapointing in the last month. :D

And Gobbsie,thanks for translating for me mate..... ;-)

Vicious

Bench
Mark O`Neill-Great bloke,great clubman but he can`t break a tackle,he`s never hurt anyone in defence and unfortunately he`s not going to help us win games!

bonstonker

Juniors
the buckets crusade must be some type of bandwagon thing.

the reason i ask is that,who the f**k else in our team is making line breaks?

skando isn't,gibbs isn't,patto isn't,lima didn't,graham isn't,sattler isn't,galea isn't,harrison didn't,boof hasn't,payten didn't,heigo didn't.

yet it is buckets who is copping it on the line breaking issue.did i miss something,was he designated line breaker somewhere in the pre season? :roll:

now on defense,yes he had a bad game last weekend,and i would be worried if this was normal,but the fact is he missed 4 tackles in 176 attempts before last weekend.
no one in the club is close to this except patto,and buckets has been covering for other players missed tackles.

seems funny to me that you all will go on about buckets lack of impact with the ball,yet a front rower can go totally missing in rucking it up the middle and people still praise him and have him on their bench or backrow. :roll:

the only game that a forward has created good ball for the backs was against the sharks,and it was buckets setting up elford on more than one occasion.

let's not forget the rest who are offering little in attack and defense.

Vicious

Bench
As I said "Buckets" is apparently the nicest guy you`d ever wish to meet and gets along with everyone but sentiments aside he virtually submits to the tackle. AGAIN I know he makes his fair share of tackling but this is partly because players choose to run at him as he has no sting in his defence!
Second rowers are meant to be good hole runners;when was the last time Buckets made a break and when have you ever seen him cause a dropped ball in defence?

Latest posts