What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our club

We are a club run by a pack of clowns and a team run by one of the worst coaches I have ever endured in any sport. Furner has completely changed the structure of our attack since Neil Henry. When we had Henry, we were throwing it around on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th tackle. Now, it is the same old sh*t even when we are down on the scoreboard. Give it to the forwards up until the 5th tackle, and on the 5th bomb it to Monaghan.

In 08, we had Campese playing as a true 5/8, actually running with the ball and not doing all the work. Now, he is playing as a halfback and has WAY too much pressure on him.

WE have the team to play good football, and that is evident in some of the matches we play. Dugan, Vidot, Croker, Thompson, Campese, Shillington, Learoyd-Lahrs, Harrison, and Fensom, it is just Furner has no idea on how to utilise the talent on disposal.

The one thing that gets me pissed off as anything else, is that Furner NEVER takes ANY responsibility on some of the dismal performances we have played under him. He always lays the blame on the players: that the 5th play options aren't good enough, we are making too many errors, our attack just needs a bit of tinkering.

One of thing that puzzles me is that the Furners have continually said that they see Josh McCrone as a great prospect for the future, and that he is young and will be very good when older. But then we see Adam Mogg, a 33 year old CENTRE, playing.

It is blatant obvious we need a cleanout. From the CEO, to the coach, to the attacking coach, to the halfback. We need to do this ASAP, otherwise we will see ourselves losing more talent like Dugan, Thompson, Croker and Vidot. Please give me one reason, why they would want to play under one of the biggest clowns in Rugby League coaching history?

edabomb

First Grade
I would like to see us try an attacking play in the opposition 20 that isn't a pass one off the ruck and then a second man play.

Furner inexperienced
McFadden inexperienced
Pongia inexperienced

A team with a fair share of rookies.

In hindsight its a recipe for disaster.

Change is needed. we have had a club legend coach before , it failed then and its failing now, it cant continue.

TimW05

Juniors
why is the 2nd man play so deep.. it gets shut down each f**king time and we lose 10m..

then results in a crap bomb that monas has to chase 30m...

typicalfan

Coach
You could go through the list of things wrong with the club and the coaching nearly every player as well.

Dugan is the only x-factor at the moment. With Campese stuck out on the left catch and passing. Dugan I feel is dropping in confidence based on recent results as well.

Croker has a very good right foot step, perfect for a right centre but a left centre will just get bundled into touch with a strong right step.

Joel Thompson good in the centres but better in the backrow so he should be in the backrow. Mogg better in the centres than halfback so should be in the centres.

Is Marc Herbert bad or is it the coaching? Same for Travis Waddell and Glen Buttriss.

Furner has turned the forward pack into a fierce bunch, so get a proper coach and give him the forward coaching role....simple.

legend

Coach
Travis Waddell was pathetic today. He sucks big time. Service from dummy half is terrible and he offers nothing in attack or defence. Cut him loose I say.

TimW05

Juniors
Travis Waddell was pathetic today. He sucks big time. Service from dummy half is terrible and he offers nothing in attack or defence. Cut him loose I say.

well we will have to grin and bare it for a while if buttriss is out...

unless we blood mcillrick which i highly doubt

Raider_69

Post Whore
very harsh mate
i didnt see too much wrong with his game today. I thought he was solid without doing anything of note.

shear_joy9

Coach
I've never rated waddell, even when he was carving up in the u20's. His first grade career won't last very long imo especially since he can't pass to save himself.

The future's all about matty mcilwrick. He's going to be a star in a few years for a sydney club.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
I've never rated waddell, even when he was carving up in the u20's. His first grade career won't last very long imo especially since he can't pass to save himself.

The future's all about matty mcilwrick. He's going to be a star in a few years for a sydney club.

hahaha, gotta admit i rarely laugh over a forum but that had me cracking up.

Also guys do you remember that big centre we had, played juniors and went through the system and we all thought he was going to be the best thing since big Mal... it was a few years back maybe like 07. The roosters picked him up and he ended up doing jack all.

Where is he? I know its off topic but all this talk about players leaving for the roosters.

Timbo

Staff member
Waddell is proving to be something of a disappointment.

I think we're pretty well f**ked, well and truly on a downward spiral.

CGD

Juniors
hahaha, gotta admit i rarely laugh over a forum but that had me cracking up.

Also guys do you remember that big centre we had, played juniors and went through the system and we all thought he was going to be the best thing since big Mal... it was a few years back maybe like 07. The roosters picked him up and he ended up doing jack all.

Where is he? I know its off topic but all this talk about players leaving for the roosters.
Honest question, mate, who are you referring to?

I initially thought you were referring to Jermaine Ale, but from memory we bought him from the Roosters, then he went into completely obscurity after signing with the Knights.

Cowboys woo

Juniors
What the hell happened to your 2008 Finals run? That was great to see, but now the club is so disappointing to watch and how they have just steadily declines since 08. Raiders are my second favourite team and its sad to see guys like Dugan, JT and other young talent playing under a hopeless coach.

Hopefully for you guys you get rid of Furner's, keep Dugan and play Campo how he should be.

skeepe

Immortal
I love how quick people are to write off 20 year olds because they haven't dominated the NRL after 10 games.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
If you're referring to Waddell than the problem is not so much with dominating just the speed out of dummy half for mine. Just an incredibly slow pass.

Furner inexperienced
McFadden inexperienced
Pongia inexperienced

A team with a fair share of rookies.

In hindsight its a recipe for disaster.

Change is needed. we have had a club legend coach before , it failed then and its failing now, it cant continue.

I don't think it is only in hindsight it a recipe for disaster. I thought that was pretty obvious in advance of the appointment.

But hey, when brother Donny and Uncle John have promised your Dad they'd look after Dave, who are we to doubt their wisdom?

Nth-Qld-Raider

Juniors
What the hell happened to your 2008 Finals run? That was great to see, but now the club is so disappointing to watch and how they have just steadily declines since 08. Raiders are my second favourite team and its sad to see guys like Dugan, JT and other young talent playing under a hopeless coach.

Hopefully for you guys you get rid of Furner's, keep Dugan and play Campo how he should be.

Good question, my answer is your current coach was the reason we played so well.

Neil Henry got the best out of the boys, even though it was only the back end of the season, everything just clicked and yeah it was great to watch, and seems like such a long time ago now.

Cryptic

Juniors
Waddell maybe our starting hooker for the next game with Buttriss possible out with that ankel injury... Personally I didn't think he did anything wrong...

Cowboys woo

Juniors
Good question, my answer is your current coach was the reason we played so well.

Neil Henry got the best out of the boys, even though it was only the back end of the season, everything just clicked and yeah it was great to watch, and seems like such a long time ago now.

And it makes you think why our mob are coming 2nd last and haven't looked like doing anything in his 2 years up here...

Latest posts