What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Forwards

Delboy

First Grade
The point is, that Lowrie was signed for 3 years and apart from a couple of games is certainly no better than what we had.
He tries hard, but like most of our forwards, really isn't up to first grade on a regular basis, just my view.

torpedo

Juniors
Honestly how he is still there after so many years is beyond me....normally if a business is not doing well over time changes are made...this bloke is still there i call it greed..

Avenger

Immortal
Honestly how he is still there after so many years is beyond me....normally if a business is not doing well over time changes are made...this bloke is still there i call it greed..

It is because he is mates with the board. The board are as useless as him.

lol, Burt knew he was gonna get smashed. You see it all the time - wingers coming in infield when they know they're gonna get bundled over the sideline. Burt had absolutely no chance of scoring that try and he knew it, so he did the wise thing and kept possession.

I was more disappointed with his attempt at catching that bomb while he was at fullback. Quite poor imo.

But apart from that he was our best player.

As for our forwards......sh*t.

We're losing our best offloader and we considered letting go of our only prop who has any mongrel about him.

Quite simply, and I don't mean to be racist or anything, but we have too many Polynesians. They're lazy and have no inner drive, and combine that with a laid back coach and we've got a team full of people who have no motivation bashed into them. It's no wonder we're softer than jelly.

jayjayselmes

Juniors
lol, Burt knew he was gonna get smashed. You see it all the time - wingers coming in infield when they know they're gonna get bundled over the sideline. Burt had absolutely no chance of scoring that try and he knew it, so he did the wise thing and kept possession.

I was more disappointed with his attempt at catching that bomb while he was at fullback. Quite poor imo.

We're losing our best offloader and we considered letting go of our only prop who has any mongrel about him.

Quite simply, and I don't mean to be racist or anything, but we have too many Polynesians. They're lazy and have no inner drive, and combine that with a laid back coach and we've got a team full of people who have no motivation bashed into them. It's no wonder we're softer than jelly.[/quote]

about time it was said

Bow_rider

Juniors
Matt Keating also never did it for me as a player. He has been sh*t for at least 6 weeks now.

Don't even start me on Cordoba. He sucks major arse.
Be carefull.I was called a F..king idiot by plenty of Keating lovers ten weeks ago, just by saying i didnt think he was the be all and end all.Geoge Nadira is a better player IMO.

Fathead

Bench
I dont think that it has anything to do with the amount of Polynesians as they are wonderful players BUT they are such carefree souls that they need a hard taskmaster to keep them on track. Hages is not a hard taskmaster.

torpedo

Juniors

Quite simply, and I don't mean to be racist or anything, but we have too many Polynesians. They're lazy and have no inner drive, and combine that with a laid back coach and we've got a team full of people who have no motivation bashed into them. It's no wonder we're softer than jelly.

I agree with ur last comment, look at the dogs recruiting for next year, i think they have learnt their lesson...Look at their squad this year...

We need to balance the side up with even if it means having a shiite side playing with all they got rather than a talented team playing 25%.

eel01s

Bench
Our forwards are crap. Really, the only ones that deserve to be in firsts are:

Hindmarsh (obviously)
Mateo (obviously - but only at lock)
Matt Keating - but please limit the dummy and go yourself to once per game!
Paulo - I think he could still improve
Moi Moi

Those who should be shown the door:

Hauraki (had one good game this year, but was absolute crap in every other - how did Hages keep picking this guy???)
Oake - too small
Cordoba - hasn't come on

What was wrong with Brod Wright? Why wasn't he given another go? Don't we have other forwards at Wenty?
What about Gulavou - jeez why buy him if you're not going to play him? He was better that Hauraki everytime he got a chance.
Lowrie - for all the crap he cops on here, at least he had a go. Deserves to remain in the club to cover injuries.

Next year we need to see more of the boys from Wenty and NYC: Mannah, Horo, Grehan, Wright (again) etc.

Edit: I forgot about Cayless! I'm sorry, but the club should tell him that he can negotiate with other clubs. Good player, but not worth what he is being paid.

Last edited:

Jodeci

Bench
Just on a few points.
Weller's two stand out games were against the Panthers at Penrith and up at Suncorp against the Broncos.
He played the role of a wide second rower.
In the majority of the other games, he has been used as a prop for 25 mins and straight off.
The bloke is not big enough to be a prop. Though in saying this he has been poor and I expected a lot more from him especially after seeing him at the Roosters trial.
I'm not sure what is wrong with Inu. He has been simply poor all year

i know its very easy for me to say in hindsight but i reckon he should have tried to kick the ball in-goal and regather it like inu used to do ok worst case scenario the ball goes out on the full or over the dead ball line for a 20 metre tap to the dragons but its going to be a changeover anyway when he's bundled into touch and with a bit of luck he either scores a try or gets a goal line dropout at that stage in the game its worth rolling the dice imo

Latest posts