What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Injuries

holman

Juniors
I am as pissed off as any Wests Tigers supporter for losing that game to Souths on Sat Night and all I have heard about is how many players they had missing. After going through our injuries we weren't actually at full strength, no Mckinnon, Tuaki, Daniella, Moltzen,Moors, Payten,and Cayless has been out most of the year. 7 First graders unavailable and we lost Lawrence with 20 minutes to go. After listening to talkin sport this afternoon the final pass leading to the winning try was not forward,and Robbie Farah did not deserve a penalty for the markers not being square in the final seconds of ordinary time, well that is according to Bill Harrigan and the other Refs, they stick together like sh*t to a blanket.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well considering we started the year without McKinnon or Tuiaki, I don't think we could actually include them in our strongest line up for the year.

Cayless was dropped for bad form before being injured, so he wouldn't be in our top 17 anyway.

Daniela and Moors have been fringe players all year, and were always going to be.

We were really only missing Payten and maybe Moltzen. Ryan has spent a fair amount of time at fullback this year, so that move was understandable.

We can't use injuries as an excuse, we were essentially almost at full strength.

I don't think the inclusion of Payten would have made much difference.

wade77

Juniors
Sheens slyly used injuries as an excuse in the presser. 100% right all those names mentioned except for Payten can't be taken into account. Moltzen has been turned into the messiah by everyone since his injury because of how crap everyone else is. Now we extend McKinnon presumably he stays at fullback we are hedging all bets on Moltzen at halfback. This is a guy that has been out for a season and is not actually a halfback????? God I wish we had someone attached to the club apart from the good folk on this forum who would admit they are playing poorly and actually get up them. These guys need a good roasting because obviously no-one is playing for a contract. To have not had one consistently good 80 minute performance by this stage of the year should be worrying shouldn't it?

holman

Juniors
To Madunit Souths included Ross who hasn't played for nearly 2 seasons, Crocker who has played maybe 3 games this year, and Beau Falloon the 2nd string hooker so they probably had 8 unavailable not 11. I have been saying for a while now that we were lucky against the Raiders, Broncos,Titans, Nth QLD, and now the Sharks,we got belted in between those games by Saints and Manly, we are the great pretenders of 2010.