What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

our main problem

Seccie

Juniors
actually i'll completely disagree with you.

Look at a squad with the worst back 5 in the nrl (burt, morgan, horo, smith, hicks) - and then look at the guys missing injured, they aren't much better (atkins, loko)

you're going to tell me that you reckon some other system would be better for the club? Would see us twice lose to manly on the final siren; have the same thing happen against the storm and broncos, beat the cowboys and draw with the dragons????

Those are the top 5 teams in the comp mate - and if you want more, how about a win over the warriors (number 6) or the tigers (number 7) or even a 2 point loss to the knights (number 8).

With our backline we've got no business even being in those games, let alone damn near winning most of them.

The game plan we're using allows us to compete with the best teams in the comp. We've had 2 "bad games" against top teams - the dragons (round 8) and the storm (round 5). Those came early in the season while we were still adapting to the new style. Since round 11 we've executed the game plan, and even with our rubbish cattle, we've been in every game.
The souths game is the exception - but natural for a team to have a 'we give up' game late in a season when they've tried hard for weeks and lost on the bell 3 times in a row.

The system is working fine - the problem lies in the cattle.
You replace
burt, morgan, horo, smith, hicks
with
hayne, tonga, tonga, loko, burt
and we go from having one of the worst backlines ever, to having a very strong set of outside backs - and then having the luxury of a real halfback and 5/8.

But there's not some better system that could've been used to compete with the best teams in the comp. I don't see any other team in the bottom half of the draw having had better results than we have against the top teams.

here here..

Bring on 2012....

True EEL

Bench
Why do you have to take everything too personally True Eel, lighten up FFS. The only reason people on here tease you so much is because it's so easy to wind you up.

thanks for again portraying yourself as the voice of reason, but yeah.....??

i don't take things personally - not on here, why would i??? i just don't like facing a barrage of rubbish from some of the typical bottom-dwellers on here when all i am trying to do is talk about Parramatta.....and ahh, no one teases me thanks (i'm an adult thanks unlike some of the weak-minded fools on this site). there is just an element who try and degrade me and anyone else who tries to talk sense and talk football because they feel a tad insecure about their own lives and need some way of making themselves feel better. it doesn't worry me overall, i just enjoy the game and trading verbal insults like they do. the only problem is, they seem to live for the same game - i don't. i'm not easy to wind up either, i just prefer not to accept the smack that some people talk on here.....

in the end, i'll just let the idiots have their fun.....it might be the only joy they have in their lives....

True EEL

Bench
Jeez, I hope True Eel doesn't tease me about that typo, I would have to get angry and then divulge my level of education.

umm, listen weirdo, you're the one that likes to be picky about people's typos on an internet forum, not me ok. FAIL. try again.

Eels Dude

Coach
thanks for again portraying yourself as the voice of reason, but yeah.....??

i don't take things personally - not on here, why would i??? i just don't like facing a barrage of rubbish from some of the typical bottom-dwellers on here when all i am trying to do is talk about Parramatta.....and ahh, no one teases me thanks (i'm an adult thanks unlike some of the weak-minded fools on this site). there is just an element who try and degrade me and anyone else who tries to talk sense and talk football because they feel a tad insecure about their own lives and need some way of making themselves feel better. it doesn't worry me overall, i just enjoy the game and trading verbal insults like they do. the only problem is, they seem to live for the same game - i don't. i'm not easy to wind up either, i just prefer not to accept the smack that some people talk on here.....

in the end, i'll just let the idiots have their fun.....it might be the only joy they have in their lives....

Ah I'm sorry mate, but people do tease you and you do get wound up easily whether you care to admit it or not. Your over-reactions to every single response to your posts show this. All it seems to take is someone saying "PHD" or "lunchtime" and you respond with a 200 word rant.

If you don't like insults, which is pretty clear, then don't hand out backhanded insults to other people like you did in this last post. If you want to be the bigger man than act like it.

Latest posts