What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our next fullback

Draginzaaar

Bench
Continuing the theme of M, it also might have something to do with the "Moneyball" agenda the Dragons recruitment team are reported to be pursuing with other clubs paying part freight for Bird, McGuire, Faamasili, McCullough and Alvaro while Burns didn't cost a cent after a straight swap for Blacker. Our salary cap has effectively been boosted by over a million dollars.

….and still can't beat the Tigers.

possm

Coach
Continuing the theme of M, it also might have something to do with the "Moneyball" agenda the Dragons recruitment team are reported to be pursuing with other clubs paying part freight for Bird, McGuire, Faamasili, McCullough and Alvaro while Burns didn't cost a cent after a straight swap for Blacker. Our salary cap has effectively been boosted by over a million dollars.
The player subsidies are only for season 2021, I don't know the arrangements for 2022 but I imagine we will pay full freight or we have signed a contract with a reduced salary for 2022.

I'd day two things need to happen for season 2022:
We need to get rid of Horan and Millward and bring in Bennett as football manager and let him Hook select the recruitment manager.

Clean out all the players off-contract and if possible even more. Our squad looks tired and needs a refresh. So geve all of them theption of leaving and only keep the ones we want to keep and then who also want to stay. I would definitely like to see the following players move on:

Dufty - 350k
Pereira - 200k
Williame - 200k
Norman - 850k
Alvaro - 300k
Ellis - 200k
Sims - 400k

My top 17 would be:
New fullback - Ponga - 1m
Ramsey
Max Feagai
Lomax
Ravalawa
Sullivan
Hunt
New prop - 700k
New Hooker - B Smith 700K
Vaughan
Burns
Bird
De Belin

Molo
Lawrie
Ford
McCullough

SBD82

Coach
The player subsidies are only for season 2021, I don't know the arrangements for 2022 but I imagine we will pay full freight or we have signed a contract with a reduced salary for 2022.

We need to get rid of Horan and Millward and bring in Bennett as football manager and let him Hook select the recruitment manager.

Clean out all the players off-contract and if possible even more. Our squad looks tired and needs a refresh. So geve all of them theption of leaving and only keep the ones we want to keep and then who also want to stay. I would definitely like to see the following players move on:

Dufty - 350k
Pereira - 200k
Williame - 200k
Norman - 850k
Alvaro - 300k
Ellis - 200k
Sims - 400k

My top 17 would be:
Ramsey
Max Feagai
Lomax
Ravalawa
Sullivan
Hunt
New prop - 700k
Vaughan
Burns
Bird
De Belin

Molo
Lawrie
Ford
McCullough
Ponga at fullback and Bennett as football manager.

Seems totally feasible.

redv13

Bench

Dufty - 350k
Pereira - 200k
Williame - 200k
Norman - 850k
Alvaro - 300k
Ellis - 200k
Sims - 400k

My top 17 would be:
Ramsey
Max Feagai
Lomax
Ravalawa
Sullivan
Hunt
New prop - 700k
Vaughan
Burns
Bird
De Belin

Molo
Lawrie
Ford
McCullough
Oh dear, here we go...

possm

Coach
Ponga at fullback and Bennett as football manager.

Seems totally feasible.
Bennett as football manager will, together with Griffin land a good recruitment manager and in turn all three will have players wanting to play for us again. The likes of Ponga will not me an impossible task.