What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our next halfback should be...

Timbo

Staff member
I have become a fan of mccrone. Personly I think he has improved to the point I'd be happy to have him be our long term halfback

Shockingly, I'm starting to come around too.

Would still take Orford, but can handle the idea of McCrone.

aussies1st

Staff member
Looks like hes finally taking more control which was one of the main problems with him. As long as he keeps this up, keeps passing the ball and getting some repeat sets then the job is his.

Our structure has changed and McCrone has alot more confidence.

As it stands its working well , both Campo and McCrone are running, McCrone has got a nice short kicking game.

What has really helped the team is having Mogg play centre, its no coincidence that Vidot is firing. JT was great but Mogg just adds that little more to the right hand side.

skeepe

Immortal
out of this world? Well that's quite an exaggeration.

Dobson's rated as one of the world's best goal kickers.

Not an exaggeration at all. Croker's strike rate is currently the best in the NRL, and second only to Darryl Halligan since the NRL was formed in 1998.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that it's quite an exaggeration to say that Croker's kicking isn't out of this world.

shear_joy9

Coach
Not an exaggeration at all. Croker's strike rate is currently the best in the NRL, and second only to Darryl Halligan since the NRL was formed in 1998.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that it's quite an exaggeration to say that Croker's kicking isn't out of this world.

???

where are you pulling that from?
Croker currently has the 4th best kicking percentage in the nrl with 36/43 @83.7%. Thurston is first with 43/50 @86%.

For comparison sake, Dobson this season has 100/116 @86.2%

shear_joy9

Coach
What has really helped the team is having Mogg play centre, its no coincidence that Vidot is firing. JT was great but Mogg just adds that little more to the right hand side.

no, no, no.

The right hand attack has become so plain and pedestrian without JT. JT is a game breaker and without him in the side it places a huge importance on croker and harrison to perform (which they have been).

its no coincidence that Vidot is firing

what?
vidot is playing exactly as he was with JT inside him.

skeepe

Immortal
???

where are you pulling that from?
Croker currently has the 4th best kicking percentage in the nrl with 36/43 @83.7%. Thurston is first with 43/50 @86%.

For comparison sake, Dobson this season has 100/116 @86.2%

Those were the figures before his two misses against the Dragons.

While the stats could be a little misleading because he has so few kick attempts, in my opinion we have a very special kicker on our hands.

no, no, no.

The right hand attack has become so plain and pedestrian without JT. JT is a game breaker and without him in the side it places a huge importance on croker and harrison to perform (which they have been).

what?
vidot is playing exactly as he was with JT inside him.

I agree JT is a game breaker , but I also think the combination on the right side is performing better with Mogg on that side.

Put it this way I wouldnt be upset if JT was put back into the centres but I think he can have the same impact from the backrow.

Anyway thats next years problem unfortunately.

shear_joy9

Coach
While the stats could be a little misleading because he has so few kick attempts

I agree, which is why I would still categorise him in the 'flash in a pan' line.

in my opinion we have a very special kicker on our hands

he could be excellent, I also think dugan would make a damn good goalkicker aswell.

One fault of crokers is that he doesn't seem to take enough take time to compose himself after a length of the field try. That's where most of his misses have occured.

shear_joy9

Coach
I agree JT is a game breaker , but I also think the combination on the right side is performing better with Mogg on that side.

Put it this way I wouldnt be upset if JT was put back into the centres but I think he can have the same impact from the backrow.

Anyway thats next years problem unfortunately.

how it is performing better? JT and vidot were building an excellent combination, one that could be most devastating in the nrl.

Mogg's nothing more than stop-gap.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Mogg has been great for us, he may not be making line break after line break but the team is looking more stable, maybe we just needed an old head out there telling our young guys what to do.

In future I see JT as part of our centre pairing, I think him and Vidot bring alot playing beside one another, also harrison had a better combination with JT.