What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Playr of the season so far looks likely to miss the rest of the season

Meth

Staff member
A real bummer- as soon as I happened, a sense of despair came over me about the season. As it is, it is a great opportunity for Packer to step up and for young players like Poching and Gavet?

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
What's the prognosis with Maloney? Can we also assume our #1 halves pairing has failed to last 2 weeks again?

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
i saw maloney being taken back across to the warriors sheds on the back of a st. john ambulance cart afterwards, so he's probably f**ked for a while. fantastic.

Meth

Staff member
i saw maloney being taken back across to the warriors sheds on the back of a st. john ambulance cart afterwards, so he's probably f**ked for a while. fantastic.

may be precautionary

Rovelli

Bench
Sam has been our best this season. It's really sad, because his development this year was coming on in leaps and bounds.

We have always earmarked him as a successor to Pricey, and this year he has really delivered.

hitman82

Bench
Apparently Poching picked up cracked ribs in the Vulcans game. Which I assume means he won't be playing. Which means we have to magically create a good front rower in 5 days.
Packer stepped up yesterday, can he do it again?
I assume Cleary will go with Packer and Royal to start, Matulino and Latimore off the bench. To be honest that really sucks, especially looking at the bench. But what else can we do?
Gavet? Taai to play prop? I'd like to see that haha.

Rovelli

Bench
We're playing the Tigers this week, who are almost like us. They have a very mobile pack and some great second-rowers.

Meth

Staff member
We're playing the Tigers this week, who are almost like us. They have a very mobile pack and some great second-rowers.

They are also like us in that you never know which team is going to turn up.

The good thing about Rapira is he turns in the same performance, more or less, week in week out. We will miss that

Rich102

Staff member
Actually, I think Royal has been going pretty well yhe last couple of weeks.
He made 31 tackles against Souths - which, for the time he was on, was great.

One Warrior

Bench
Good news, Rapira is not out for the season, has a dislocated Patella, does not require surgery, will be back in about 6 weeks. Also Maloney is doing well and could be back this week against the Tigers. This was just on Radio Sport.

Iafeta

Referee
Brilliant news. Yeah, Royal has been doing a good, solid, manful no frills job. His go forward is quite good, its been his dropped balls earlier in the season that cruelled us. Lately though he's been solid as a rock.

ozbash

Referee
Vodafone Warriors prop Sam Rapira could be back on the field in six weeks after being cleared today of a potential season-ending knee ligament injury early in the second half of yesterday’s gritty 26-24 11th-round NRL victory over South Sydney at Mount Smart Stadium.
Fears Rapira may have needed major surgery were allayed after he had a scan today.
“His ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) isn’t torn as we thought it may have been,” said Vodafone Warriors doctor John Mayhew.
“Instead he has a dislocated patella. Surgery won’t be required and with rehabilitation it’s possible he could be back in six weeks.”
Standoff James Maloney, who was forced off the field after only 24 minutes yesterday, has bad bruising to his back. He was moving more freely today and is rated a chance of being fit to play against Wests Tigers in Friday night’s 12th-round clash at Campbelltown Stadium.

warriors media