What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our possible new look team 4 2005

1. David Seage
2. Craig Hall
3. Matthew Gidley
4. George Carmont
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Kurt Gidley
7. Andrew Johns
8. Josh Perry
9. Danny Buderus
10. Carl Webb
11. Steve Simpson
12. Kirk Reynoldson
13. Daniel Abraham

14. Adam Woolnough
15. Clint Newton
16. Jamie Feeney
17. Todd Lowrie

top team

thuganomics

Coach
If we do sign Feeney, Kirk and Webb.

It should look like this:

1. David Seage
2. Craig Hall
3. Matthew Gidley
4. Mark Hughes
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Kurt Gidley
7. Andrew Johns ( C )
8. Josh Perry
9. Danny Buderus
10. Adam Woolnough
11. Steve Simpson
12. Daniel Abraham
13. Kirk Reynoldson

14. Carl Webb
15. Clint Newton
16. Jamie Feeney
17. Todd Lowrie

Johns Magic

Referee
1. David Seage
2. Craig Hall
3. Matt Gidley
4. George Carmont/Mark Hughes(if Carmont leaves)
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Kurt Gidley
7. Andrew Johns
8. Kirk Reynoldson
9. Danny Buderus
10. Adam Woolnough
11. Steve Simpson
12. Clint Newton
13. Daniel Abraham

14. Carl Webb
15. Josh Perry/Matt Kennedy
16. Jamie Feeney
17. Todd Lowrie/Riley Brown

Outsiders: Price, Tanner, Tilse, Henderson, Tighe, Salkeld

I don't think Perry is good enough to start in front of the other options there. He has really been disappointing. I think that at the end of his contract(is it the end of next year?) we should get rid of him-he takes too much and gives too little. Tilse will be ready by then anyway.

I think that Carl Webb would have more of an impact off the bench, because he would be able to tear teams apart when they're a bit tired. Kirk Reynoldson could play prop anyway, which is a position we really need strengthening in. He is more of a work-horse type, who would be of better use in the run-on team.

I have been really impressed by Matt Kennedy this year, who seems to be coming of age. His stats just keep getting better and better. He still needs some work, but he is doing a good enough job and improving enough that I think he would warrant selection.

At the end of next season, I think Mark Hughes is coming off-contract, and if the Knights administration were smart, they would get rid of him. He is currently on the contract of a NSW standard player. At the time it was fair, but he isn't the same player as he was three years ago.

Misanthrope

Staff member
1: David Seage
2: Craig Hall
3: Mark Hughes
4: Matt Gidley
5: Anthony Quinn
6: Kurt Gidley
7: Andrew Johns (c)
8: Adam Woolnough
9: Danny Buderus
10: Josh Perry
11: Steve Simpson
12: Kirk Reynoldson
13: Daniel Abraham

14: Carl Webb
15: Jamie Feeney
16: Matt Kennedy
17: Clint Newton

I personally think Webb's aggression suits him to a bench role, coming in to shake the opposition up later in the game. Reynoldson or Abraham for lock, as both are good support players and defenders.

aqua_duck

Coach
I think we still need another outside back, at the moment with Tahu gone the try scoring potential seems rather limited, don't forget Robbie O is gone and Seage will be returning from a knee recon.

Quinn and Hall are solid 10 tries a season 1st graders at best, Gidley is not a try scoring centre, Carmont's defence is shocking and Hughes never even makes it on the field.

Would be great if we could sign a Matt Rieck sort of player with pace, also wouldn't mind having Birdy back.

NightofKnights

Juniors
Yeah I think we definately need more try scorers with the loss of T. I think Hughesy is definately a try scorer but as already said, he does spend a lot of time on the sidelines. Quinny, Hally don't score enough tries for my liking, and Carmont started well but his form has hit a brickwall and bounced backwards :? . I think we need to look at buying an outside back, how about getting Alby back? He said he wants to come back....when does he come off contract in England? :?: The rest of the outside backs off contract aren't really that appealing apart from Donald but Manly have apparently prioritised him :( .

keeney

First Grade
welcome new poster

id look to use reynoldson as a prop, we have enough good 2nd rowers, webb's aggression suits to him being a back, reynoldson would be a good 60-75 minute prop if used correctly, but then that would eliminate the need for one of the other props, so maybe wed play him at lock, but a ball carrying lock, the problem iht our forwards at the moment is a lack of consistent go forward, so wed have to look at finding a way to maximise that from our forwards.

1.seage
2.hall
3.gidley
4.hughes/carmont
5.quinn
6.kidley
7.joey
8.perry/reynoldson
9.buderus(c)
10.woolnough
11.simpson
12.abraham/newton
13.reynoldson/abraham

14.webb
15.perry/newton
16.lowrie/price
17.brown

reynoldson has tobe in the starting lineup no matter where he goes, with extra options in the front row, we cna finally drop perry if he continues his coasting bullshit attitude, i'd like to see newton rewarded for his consistent play and improved performance wihta starting role, but if we cant accomidate for him, i guess he'll have to live on the bench.

what about this for a backline? is seage quick?

1.hughes
2.seage
3.gidley
4.carmont/brown
5.quinn

Johns Magic

Referee
aqua_duck said:
I think we still need another outside back, at the moment with Tahu gone the try scoring potential seems rather limited, don't forget Robbie O is gone and Seage will be returning from a knee recon.

Quinn and Hall are solid 10 tries a season 1st graders at best, Gidley is not a try scoring centre, Carmont's defence is shocking and Hughes never even makes it on the field.

Would be great if we could sign a Matt Rieck sort of player with pace, also wouldn't mind having Birdy back.

Another outside back would be good, but don't forget Johns is returning next season. He can make anyone look good, and the outside backs will be presented with heaps of try scoring opportunities. If you look at it, Hall, Carmont and Hughes score their fair share of tries anyway, and Quinn and Seage are both pretty good.

But it would be nice if we could get a name player there.

antonius

Coach
1. Seage

2. Quinn

3. Gidley

4. Carmont/Hughes

5. Hall/Salkeld

6. Kidley

7. Johns

8. Woolnough

9. Buderus

10 Reynoldson

11. Simpson

12 Newton

13. Abraham

14. Webb

15. Perry

16. Lowrie

17. Price/Kennedy/Brown

I think Webb would be better off the bench initially, same with Perry. Salkeld could be a bolter in the backs. He has been almost unseen this year due to an unfortunate injury, and has just started to hit his straps, I reckon he's been very impressive in lower grade this year, and it's only a matter of time before he gets a first grade run.

Johns Magic

Referee
antonius said:
1. Seage

2. Quinn

3. Gidley

4. Carmont/Hughes

5. Hall/Salkeld

6. Kidley

7. Johns

8. Woolnough

9. Buderus

10 Reynoldson

11. Simpson

12 Newton

13. Abraham

14. Webb

15. Perry

16. Lowrie

17. Price/Kennedy/Brown

I think Webb would be better off the bench initially, same with Perry. Salkeld could be a bolter in the backs. He has been almost unseen this year due to an unfortunate injury, and has just started to hit his straps, I reckon he's been very impressive in lower grade this year, and it's only a matter of time before he gets a first grade run.

Are you assuming that we won't get Feeney, or would he not be in your side?

Also, I agree, Salkeld looks good, and should definitely be a chance at First-Grade.

antonius

Coach
The paper this morning indicates that the Knights are not that interested in him, they are looking for forwards that can play prop and backrow, and they think Feeney is too small for that. So he's down the list a bit. I don't think they'll sign him, I think they'll chase the bigger guys.

CJG 182

Juniors

1.hughes
2.seage
3.gidley
4.carmont/brown
5.quinn

I reckon that's a good idea. While Hughes hasn't been in great form over the last two or so years this year when he has been on the field he has been good and i think we should try and find a place for him

keeney

First Grade
mm thats what i felt, hes extremely safe, and has been very good this year while on the park, with an offseason to straighten his body out i rkn hed go ok, that way we have speed and solid experience, his support play is pretty good too

Johns Magic

Referee

1.hughes
2.seage
3.gidley
4.carmont/brown
5.quinn

I think that the Knights are looking to use Seage as their long-term fullback, and rightfully so. He looks the goods. If you're looking for speed on the wings, then I would say that Hall should retain his spot. He's got a bit of toe about him. Trent Salkeld looks good too.

I would prefer:

1. Seage
2. Hall/Salkeld
3. Gidley
4. Carmont/Hughes
5. Quinn

CJG 182

Juniors
I would prefer:

1. Seage
2. Hall/Salkeld
3. Gidley
4. Carmont/Hughes
5. Quinn

Fine then! Given the backline u just named i would put Salkeld on the wing drop hall to the bench and drop Carmont to PL

~bedsy~

First Grade
thuganomics said:
If we do sign Feeney, Kirk and Webb.

It should look like this:

1. David Seage
2. Craig Hall
3. Matthew Gidley
4. Mark Hughes
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Kurt Gidley
7. Andrew Johns ( C )
8. Josh Perry
9. Danny Buderus
10. Adam Woolnough
11. Steve Simpson
12. Daniel Abraham
13. Kirk Reynoldson

14. Carl Webb
15. Clint Newton
16. Jamie Feeney
17. Todd Lowrie
I like this team... However I doubt we will get Feeney.

I can't believe some of you want don't want Hughsey in the side. Yes his had a bad run with injuries, however his safe and works really hard at what he does.

thuganomics

Coach
Yep Hughes has to be in the team, He can score tries, he can set up tries and is solid in defence and can really add that touch of expierence in the team.

B-dos

Referee
Why is everyone assuming we will get both Carl Webb and Reynoldson. The paper says today that we are more keen for Reynoldosn because he is more suited to play front row. Id prefer Webb myself because he is a more aggressive player. We need a bit of mongrel back in the team after the loss of BK. It looks like some ppl are thinking we will sign nearly every player we possibly can. I doubt it. The Knights signing record is not the best. I think we need a good forward (webb or Reynoldson) and a good outside back, but i dont know of any real good ones who are available. We have approx $300k to spend, hopefully we can use it wisely. time will tell.

Latest posts