What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our possible new look team 4 2005

Johns Magic

Referee
timmyb said:
Why is everyone assuming we will get both Carl Webb and Reynoldson. The paper says today that we are more keen for Reynoldosn because he is more suited to play front row. Id prefer Webb myself because he is a more aggressive player. We need a bit of mongrel back in the team after the loss of BK. It looks like some ppl are thinking we will sign nearly every player we possibly can. I doubt it. The Knights signing record is not the best. I think we need a good forward (webb or Reynoldson) and a good outside back, but i dont know of any real good ones who are available. We have approx $300k to spend, hopefully we can use it wisely. time will tell.

Welcome Timmyb.

It seems that Newcastle are currently confident that we will get them both.Also this is a possible team. It is very unlikely that it will happen, but we like to dream.

Did the paper really say that Reynoldson is more suited to prop than Webb? That's strange.

There seems to be a lack of quality outside backs available, but we should look at Donald and Rieck.

B-dos

Referee
yeah mate, the Newcastle Herald definatly said the Reynoldson is more preffered at front row.

Johns Magic

Referee
thuganomics said:
True or False: Donald has signed with Souths.

That rumour has been going around for about a week, but there has been no confirmation or source.

So I'm going to say false.

Johns Magic

Referee
If Reynoldson plays prop for us next year, Woolnough should grow back his beard, and get it long. Bedsy's face would get ripped to shreds in the scrum. It'd be like velcro :lol:

macavity

Referee
Am I the only one that thinks Riley Brown, (maybe with some sprint training), has the makings of a great Chris Mackenna (sp??) style centre...??

reminds me a bit of Menzies too.

A big but mobile bloke who can slot into the backrow as well. Looks good with his hands too.

I think we should be grooming him for it over Carmont - although Georgie looks good in attack, we have to defend in the NRL as well... perhaps he should look at the NFL...??

my team (what I want...)

1. Hughes
2. Quinn
3. Gidley
4. Brown
5. Hall

6. Kidley
7. Joey (c)

8. Webb
9. Bedsy
10. Woolnough

11. Simmo
12. Reynoldson
13. Abes

14. Perry
15. Newton
16. Lowrie
17. M. Kennedy / Seage / Carmont

IF we got both we would have awesome depth

Riley Brown in the centres gives us options (ie he can play backrow) I reckon the kid COULD be great in either spot. He played lock for NSW residents and apparently carved it up.

Could also stand Hughesy there with Seage at FB IF Seage comes back from the knee well and resigns.

Johns Magic

Referee
macavity said:
Am I the only one that thinks Riley Brown, (maybe with some sprint training), has the makings of a great Chris Mackenna (sp??) style centre...??

reminds me a bit of Menzies too.

A big but mobile bloke who can slot into the backrow as well. Looks good with his hands too.

I think we should be grooming him for it over Carmont - although Georgie looks good in attack, we have to defend in the NRL as well... perhaps he should look at the NFL...??

my team (what I want...)

1. Hughes
2. Quinn
3. Gidley
4. Brown
5. Hall

6. Kidley
7. Joey (c)

8. Webb
9. Bedsy
10. Woolnough

11. Simmo
12. Reynoldson
13. Abes

14. Perry
15. Newton
16. Lowrie
17. M. Kennedy / Seage / Carmont

IF we got both we would have awesome depth

Riley Brown in the centres gives us options (ie he can play backrow) I reckon the kid COULD be great in either spot. He played lock for NSW residents and apparently carved it up.

Could also stand Hughesy there with Seage at FB IF Seage comes back from the knee well and resigns.

Brown at centre would be a great idea that the Knights should endorse. He seems to have sufficient pace, and as stated, could steam-roll the opposition.

However I think that Seage is also going to be very good for us at fullback. It's a tough one, but I think that the Knights should make the hard decision and either cut Hughes or substantially lessen his contract. He's no longer up to Origin standard. If this did happen, I wouldn't hesitate in putting Brown/Carmont into the vacant centre position.

CJG 182

Juniors
i thkn hughes will take the pay cut and we should just rip up Josh's contract if he keeps his current ways

keeney

First Grade
hell playw el enough to make us keep him at more money at contract time next year

parra_princess

Juniors
Is it just me or does anybody else remember the days when Mark Hughes was Mr Durability. I think he was one of the quickest to reach 100 first grade games. All down hill from there...

CJG 182

Juniors
I still believe he is very reliable. All he needs is to gain his confidence back after all these injuries

keeney

First Grade
yeh he used to be always good for a full season, then it was knee, then neck, then hammy...hopefully hell come good again

CJG 182

Juniors
Hopefully he'll play the rest of the season and have a good off-sesason *touch wood* [-o< [-o<

CJG 182

Juniors
He'll get better and better as the weeks go on and his body repairs. I've got faith in him

Latest posts