What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Red V - Dragon Army Discussion

Bought my plane ticket and hill ticket for the Parramatta game. See you all in a few weeks.

P.S. Someone get in contact with the Royal Hotel and tell them to stock up on Kent Old Brown!

boxa777

Coach
Not sure if anyone just saw the footage on the Monday Night show.. retro highlights from the Tigers v Saints at Kogarah. Looks early to mid 90s stuff and Adam's famous diamond flag was on show on the hill.

Good footage.

STG-MACCA

Bench
I seen it, was great footage. Can't remember Tallis having that kick (I was only 12ish) lol.

So many games that would be great to get a hold of on DVD - I reckon I would have a tonne on VHS, but no time to sort them out and convert them.

The Major

Bench
Any takers to help wave it at anz this weekend? Adam has kindly allowed me to babysit the diamond flags and two other beasts as well as some may have seen of late.

STG-MACCA

Bench
lol, after Canberra and the pole breaking after my first attempt I think I need to stay in retirement.

boxa777

Coach
I seen it, was great footage. Can't remember Tallis having that kick (I was only 12ish) lol.

So many games that would be great to get a hold of on DVD - I reckon I would have a tonne on VHS, but no time to sort them out and convert them.

Was about the same age as u but I remember being there and seeing that kick..

I have a tonne of VHS tapes as well in the old man's garage. Gotta try and convert that sh*t at some stage I think. Quality action with Goldie, Choc, Browny and Tallis.

Anyone want to catch up for some pre-game bevvies at the Royal Hotel? Say 2pm-ish. It's a great place to go since it is all down hill to the ground and next to the station!

big pat

Coach
boys what can i say, the dragon army were awesome last night, the chants, the singing, it was unbelieveable, everyone was pumped, their is only one army, and we will be just as big next week,also a funny bit was you could hear the wendell chant coming from the grandstand, major i hope your feeling alright today, holding the home sweet home banner took a huge effort, and how good was the security guy, having his photo taken in front of the banner, top effort guys 11 out of 10.

Saintsman

Juniors
Stgeorge, oh Stgeorge, oh Stgeorge said aye
I'll stand at Kogarah, till the day I die
Take me the army, down at Jubilee
And I'll follow Stgeorge, the greatest football team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUtLRsaXtNg&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fsfcu.com.au%2Fsmf119%2Findex.php%3Ftopic%3D13026.75&feature=player_embedded

Like so. I thought it would be a good song to sing, different from the normal chants eg Stgeorge *clap clap clap* and the player songs. It's a good team song which is easy to learn at the game and isn't too long. Thoughts?

AJ_82

Juniors
Like it - but not until next year. This time of year its hard enough to get the Army & September fans to remember the chants we have let alone try to get more in!!!

blackberryman

Juniors
I must say, being in the Army on Sunday was fantastic. It is hard to get into full belt when we were all obvioiusly so nervous about the game, after the 40/20 kick with 15 to go everyone piped up, was brilliant.

Dragons will win the Premiership! don't doubt them.

The difference between Dogs fans and the Army as I saw, was that a few dogs jumpers in the Heart of the STGI supporter base were allowed to pass freely and not attacked, but at the same time they new they werent welccome. I'm sure if a STGI jumper walked through the kennel crowd they'd be pelted with coward bottles and the like.

Latest posts