What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our right hand side defence (Spoiler)

Big Mick

Referee
i don't want preston defending at centre...whats the point of that?...you'd have the same problem..he needs to be defending middle of the ruck.

I wouldn't mind seeing Chris Newton have a go.

cainen

Juniors
King Panther said:
fair enough but seriously wat does galea hav to offer in attack?

Did you see his flick pass last week? Magnificent ;-) Seriously though, he will offer a lot more when he doesnt have to make 25 tackles a game and can concentrate on his own game.

Like it or not, I think he will be the centre for the rest of the year. The way he's used now though seriously restricts his ability.

cainen

Juniors
John Lang last night was asked about our right side defence...

Question: There've been a lot of tries leaked down that righthand side regularly ... is that something you'll be trying to address?
John: ...Tonight I thought they busted us up the middle more than anything and that's probably been our worst area. We're working on our defence. I think tonight we were pretty bad in all areas to be perfectly honest. We started with a lot of energy and they got that intercept try and then we were in an arm wrestle with them for about five sets and they probably had slightly the better of that ... It was 16-nil and we got back to 16-12 then we let them in for a soft try right at the end of the first half. Then we came out in the second half and couldn't complete a set ... we just kept turning the ball over at our end. That was probably our biggest problem. You can't do it. In the end that's probably a confidence thing and it's my job to instill that confidence I suppose.

This is totally ridiculous! He is oblivious :evil:

Caged Panther

First Grade
There were just discussing the idea of hiding little men like Preston out on the wing and put up an alternative that hasn't been mentioned.

Have the player sit in behind the line slightly trailing the play. Thoughts?

Big Mick

Referee
was talking about that to a mate of mine couple of days ago.

It'd be good for Presto to have to do that and follow the play.

It'd be good for his game to learn how to read defence also.

King Panther

Juniors
Big Mick © said:
i don't want preston defending at centre...whats the point of that?...you'd have the same problem..he needs to be defending middle of the ruck.

no not at centre in the centre like the middle of the field where he used to

Bob

Juniors
Big Mick © said:

Totally agree with this Mick. I watched him closely on Friday night and I like what I saw. He hits hard in defence and he's prepared to roll his sleeves up and have a go.

Latest posts