What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ravalawa

Dragon David

First Grade
I will also miss Rava,

It was like he was learning on the job first year the he got better.

A similar tackle on Gutherson in 2021. Big smile when he scored.
A bit like Craig Smith -rubbed out.
All the best to him
It is unfortunate, but it is time for several upgrades and several purges. Flanno has identified what positions need better players and so I'm happy to leave that with him to go get the upgrades.

We all want something better that can provide more quality service and much improved results. We stick to guys that don't meet modern day ways, then our results just won't improve.

I will miss Rava as well but hopefully his replacement will mean more positive results for the club, likewise with the others who will ultimately go.

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors
I for one will miss Rava

My favourite tackle was against the Roosters on Brett Morris
He hit Brett so hard in the midriff Morris bounced back before Rava's arms could wrap around.

Morris was winded for 5 minutes

To me- a perfect, legal tackle

Can't remember how many weeks Rava got, but it was BS.
For the record, it was Josh. Otherwise I agree completely

True_Believer

Juniors
I will also miss Rava,

It was like he was learning on the job first year the he got better.

A similar tackle on Gutherson in 2021. Big smile when he scored.
A bit like Craig Smith -rubbed out.
All the best to him
Me too. My favourite player.

However, as I've said in another thread, if this means we end up winning more and see better results on the field, then I can accept the decision. At some stage we have to put faith in the coach to make the right decisions. No matter what we think about team changes and recruitment, the buck stops with Flanno. And I've seen enough positive changes in the team this year to back him to make the right decisions at this stage.

Dorsai

Juniors
I know Rava can be a bit hit and miss sometimes but he runs the ball hard, particularly in defence. He is solid and can find the line.
The lack of tries can be pinned down to opportunity. They are not playing his side in favour of Lomax. He gets very little ball and fewer passes to get into a scoring position. Its nothing more than this. His handling is probably due to the lack of ball.
I believe he is a good option for wing and possibly a move to the forwards as his speed and size would suit a backrower or lock. His defence would improve as he is not waiting on the wing to swoop the backline advances of the opposition.
Lomax leaves at the end of the season and so playing to that wing, unless there is a player to step up, will mean more opportunity.
My opinion but, I think he still has a lot to offer given the chance.

Latest posts