What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our season is over??

Davester

Juniors
Apparently last week according to the media was our last chance of makign the top 8 area...is this true?? is this week's game a do or die one??

tigershaz

Juniors
We can make it still.......but it would be highly unlikely. We really need to win every game :oops:

Considering we can't win 3 in a row for the rest of the season! :cry:

We need Cronulla and the Cowboys to start losing, the big games will be when we play the cowboys and the knights a win against those 2 sides and the sharks hopefully start losing some and we could sneak in. If we lose to Parra and the cowboys beat the dragons that will be the season in my opinion

NZtiger

Juniors
yeah NQ and the Sharkies I think are the teams we'd be eyeing up as a possible top 8 take-overs! We can still 'maybe' afford to lose against the Broncos, win the rest and maybe sneak in...we'd need to fix up our for and against though, try and get it back into the positives at least...so yeah, the more I talk about, the more unlikley it seems! :?

Tigerpete

Juniors
If we beat Parra, Souths and the cowboys, depending on results going to plan we could be looking at a showdown at Energy Australia stadium. Keep in mind we have the bye too .

tigerdan

Juniors
cowboys and sharks have a very hard draw and i mean it when i say very hard. knights are goneeee they have soo many players out, they have an easy draw but still arnt good enough to beat them. we have an easy draw and are playing some good footy. i think the game against the cowboys in the 2nd last round will decide who makes the 8

BJ

Juniors
it's a faint hope.. and it's up to the boys.. they go out there and put their heads down and say let's give this thing a real shake then they can do it.. they play like they did against the bulldogs every week then we should be right.. and they cna do it every week from here on out.. because they did it at the begining of the season.. every week.. every player putting in the effort.. that's what we want..

Wrighty79

Juniors
Guys, take it as Gospel, we will make the 8! My name is Joel. Joel was a prophet in the old testament. I prophesise, we will make the 8!

Tigerpete

Juniors
Yeah to be playing the Knights and the Cowboys on the run home will ber a massive advantage if we can win both games.

Swampdonkey

Juniors
If the Tigers don't beat Parra and Souths at this time of the year then they don't deserve to make the 8 regardless of the bad refereeing decisions they have copped this year.

If they win the remainder of their games they finish on 30, I think they can definately drop one and possibly drop 2 (As long as one of those 2 is not against the Cowboys) and still make the finals.....

Parra will still consider themselves a hope of making the 8, this weekends game is the BIGGEST game of the year thus far for both teams.....

If the Tigers do beat Souths and Parra, then they have the bye and they will be back in the 8 on 24 points with 3 games to go.

Go you mighty Tigers......

Swampdonkey

Juniors
Tigerpete said:
Yeah to be playing the Knights and the Cowboys on the run home will ber a massive advantage if we can win both games.

The Knights are gone, they have won 1 of their last seven and they have an average run home.....

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Well 2pts out of the 8 now and our for and against isn't as bad as some other sides in the comp

It will be interesting to see if both the Panthers start to have a form slump because there for and against is terrible and well they still need to win 2 games to cement their spot in the 8 know ;-)

Who knows my heart says we can make it but my head still thinks they have left there run a few games too late and that the 2 games against the Roosters and Dragons could be very costly indeed on our for and against!

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
What more of a better time is there to support the tigers!

Its like indian jones when he is racing to get out of the death-trap and the cave door is closing!!!!!

WOW!

And to top it off, word is spreading VERY LOUDLY around Balmain about this weeks game. Sell out crowd for sure! I used to gauge the crowds by the amount of talk about the up-coming leichhardt game at the local balmian school. Usually there is a little talk, like one or two families saying they will go....

well guess what!

The whole school is going to this game! and on top of that, all the other schools are too!

Its starting to feel like GF time here and its great!

there is only one phrase that can describe it:

F*****G EXCITING!!!!!!

Kid

Juniors
Mighty Tiger said:
Well 2pts out of the 8 now and our for and against isn't as bad as some other sides in the comp

It will be interesting to see if both the Panthers start to have a form slump because there for and against is terrible and well they still need to win 2 games to cement their spot in the 8 know ;-)

Who knows my heart says we can make it but my head still thinks they have left there run a few games too late and that the 2 games against the Roosters and Dragons could be very costly indeed on our for and against!
As has been said, we simply have to win basically all our games or preferably only 1 loss. Mighty, the game that has cost us the most was not the 2 you speak of, but that terrible performance against a side we should have smashed......Manly. I honestly believe the teams ahead of us will drop their share of games, the problem is, will we make sure we are in a position to capitalise. I hope we are, but something tells me we will lose 1 we shouldn't and lets be honest, the Cowboys are far from easybeats anymore.

HOT028

Juniors
we have a really good chance to grab all these games we can beat brisbane and the other teams it depends who turns up

simon says

First Grade
No doubts we can make the 8,and it will be in our own hands.We can drop the Broncos game and still make the 8 if we beat Souths and Cowboys at home and the Knights away.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!