What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rest of NRL

WA Tiger

Bench
Or it could end a player's career, like the way Ben Smith rubbed out Taneila Tuiaki. Smith wasn't sanctioned and then he did the same thing to Nathan Fien in the first game of the 2010 season, breaking his fibula and dislocating his right ankle. The hipdrop crackdown might be fifteen years too late, but it's started now and needs to be enforced properly. Giving blokes like Paps a slap on the wrist will just encourage players to roll the dice.
I didn’t know Tuiaki’s tackle was a hip drop..So it was. It’s hard to look at.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
"The Players choose their attitude!"

Brad Arthur, talking about the eels, after getting flogged by the Dolphins.

Sounds familiar:(

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Dale Finucance retires effective immediately.

I remember when the tigers were bagged mercilessly by the usual media mouthpieces for not signing Finucane as he was "just the type of player the tigers need". I thought it was pretty obvious that he was leaving Melbourne to try for a last big pay day before his body broke down.

All power to him, get what you can while you can, but I think it's pretty obvious Cronulla didn't get value out of him. One of the rare recruitment decisions our previous admin got right, as he's usually the type of player we'd pay well overs for.

Nutz

Bench
I remember when the tigers were bagged mercilessly by the usual media mouthpieces for not signing Finucane as he was "just the type of player the tigers need". I thought it was pretty obvious that he was leaving Melbourne to try for a last big pay day before his body broke down.

All power to him, get what you can while you can, but I think it's pretty obvious Cronulla didn't get value out of him. One of the rare recruitment decisions our previous admin got right, as he's usually the type of player we'd pay well overs for.
Good post mate.
The upside for the Sharks is apparently he has set their joint alight with professionalism during training and in the games....which is obvious with how the Sharks are going right now.
Also being medically retired will only help them secure another top player on-top of recently signing AFB or retain players.

Latest posts