What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Slump and it is a Slump

maestro1

Bench
Our biggest problem is that other teams have worked out that to beat us they need to skate the fine line of being off-side. The refs will only penalise for a while until the penalty counts starts looking lopsided. They the allow the other teams to be offside and we have struggled to score points in the 20 minutes after half time lately.

In the wet the extra possession we have been getting from early penalties has been nullified by the rain making it harder to score. Not getting points with the possession comes back and bites us on the arse when the ref allows the opposition to stand off-side. Matt Elliott saw it happen to us against the Sea Eagles in the wet and admitted using the same tactic. The Panthers defended well early with the help of the wet weather and then didn't get penalised in the second half. The eagles actually got a couple of early penaties in that game and it was 12 nil after 10 minutes. We then had a lot of posession but Manly kept their defensive line off-side, they kept testing the ref and eventually the ref gave up. The Titans saw this in both those games and did the same. The Warriors tried it and nearly beat us. Souths also..............In the past, refs binned a player if a team repeatedly infringed. This season they have shown they are gutless to do this. If this offside is allowed, we will struggle.

boro

Juniors
yeah! i agree its a risky play, but at the moment we are not asking many questions of the defence and are a little predictable. It might put doubt in the mind of being 2 metres offside and rushing up. I think Creagh is awesome but loved nothing more than him pushing through the line and sneaking that round the corner ball to support, i don`t remember the last time i saw it.

j0nesy

Bench
Ok, now I am getting ever-so-slightly concerned. It took us 79 minutes to score a try today and we looked like we were going through the motions with the ball in hand. This "form slump" is a little too late in the season for my liking. I'm waiting for the master coach to show his hand, but the suspense is killing me ;-)

Evenflow

Bench
Ok, now I am getting ever-so-slightly concerned. It took us 79 minutes to score a try today and we looked like we were going through the motions with the ball in hand.

Very concerning indeed the only try they could score today was a minute before the games end when it meant nothing. Even more worrying is them scoring only 7 tries in the last 4 games and losing 3 of them. As great a coach as Wayne is he's certainly got his work cut out for him trying to plaster over the massive cracks that are appearing this far into the season. Great coach as i mentioned but is he a miracle worker as well? Time will tell i guess.....

Gaba

First Grade
teams in the last 6 weeks have scored no more then 2 trys , in the loses dragons had 50/50 decisions could have gone either way .

If the dragons let the roosters score more then 3 trys next week then i will start to be concerned

the dragons should win next week

Last edited:

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
Hornby to greigh, Boyd to Morris, is that all we got :(
When does weyman get back at least we get more strenth in the front row.

Gaba

First Grade
Hornby to greigh, Boyd to Morris, is that all we got :(
When does weyman get back at least we get more strenth in the front row.
roosters have carney as the attack

Tigers have marshall as the attack

Broncos folau / lockyer broncos as the attack

Panthers ? kick

Titans prince

no wonder not many sides can score against defensive teams , those sides attack are as predictable

So at least the dragons have 3 or 4 players

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
roosters have carney as the attack

Tigers have marshall as the attack

Broncos folau / lockyer broncos as the attack

Panthers ? kick

Titans prince

no wonder not many sides can score against defensive teams , those sides attack are as predictable

So at least the dragons have 3 or 4 players
what Im saying is cant we have a different game plan? everyone is catching on.

j0nesy

Bench
Very concerning indeed the only try they could score today was a minute before the games end when it meant nothing. Even more worrying is them scoring only 7 tries in the last 4 games and losing 3 of them. As great a coach as Wayne is he's certainly got his work cut out for him trying to plaster over the massive cracks that are appearing this far into the season. Great coach as i mentioned but is he a miracle worker as well? Time will tell i guess.....

It's not all that bad. You make out as if we're done and dusted for the season, barring a "miracle" :)

Red V Ultras

Juniors
To finish top four would be better. No one wants the minor premiership it's not like the EPL, sept finals matter.

Jersey No 14

Juniors
Our attack should of been addressed a month ago.
It's okay to tackle well - but at some point you have to score tries and do it well.
as apposed to jay your way through.
We've been found out - again
that team that beat melbourne in O9 at home is long gone.
they're right to say what ever they like but the truth is - we're gone!

Gaba

First Grade
Depends on what you talking about as a slump , the attack or form , yes in attack , but no in form

I class a slump where teams beat the dragons comfortably not on these 50/50 calls

last 3 loses been on 50/50 decision which could gone either way.

Dragons would be on 36 points if the correct decisions were made.

But they werent , teams have saved thier best defensive efforts for the dragons .

If a team only tries the attack method against the dragons those teams will not win,the dragons defence will be too good for them.

Last edited:

KKW

Juniors
Depends on what you talking about as a slump , the attack or form , yes in attack , but no in form

I class a slump where teams beat the dragons comfortably not on these 50/50 calls

last 3 loses been on 50/50 decision which could gone either way.

Dragons would be on 36 points if the correct decisions were made.

But they werent , teams have saved thier best defensive efforts for the dragons .

If a team only tries the attack method against the dragons those teams will not win,the dragons defence will be too good for them.

If all those type of decisions went our way ( like forward pass tries etc) then we'd be in front of your mob as would other teams.
Can't wait to see the Manly pack run straight through the dragons paper thin pack, even with weyman. You lot aren't in a slump - it's just the annual choke-athon arrived a few weeks earlier that's all.

big pat

Coach
If all those type of decisions went our way ( like forward pass tries etc) then we'd be in front of your mob as would other teams.
Can't wait to see the Manly pack run straight through the dragons paper thin pack, even with weyman. You lot aren't in a slump - it's just the annual choke-athon arrived a few weeks earlier that's all.

dickhead who offers nothing.

Latest posts