What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our team next year looks pretty weak...

• Thread starter Deleted member 10972
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 10972

Guys...i'm really sory to say...the way Braith is playing at the moment...our team looks pretty average next year. Jason Cayless is a huge loss, & Crocker going means that our pack lacks mongrel. Even Souths team looks stronger. Our PL & JF players will really need to step up to prove to everyone if we have depth.

Main Team:

1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Amos Roberts
3. Ryan Cross
4. Iosia Soliola
5. Joel Monaghan
6. Braith Anasta
7. Jamie Soward
8. Adrian Morley
9. Craig Wing
10. Anthony Tupou
11. Craig Fitzgibbon
12. Chris Flannery
13. Ashley Harrison

14. Richard Fa'aoso
15. Mickey Paea
16. Adam Schubert
17. Ben Hannant

18. Michael Lett

Shadow Team:

1. Chris Walker/Michael Lett
2. McKonkie Tauasa
3. Lelea Paea
4. Gavin Lester
5. Sam Perrett
6. ? Daniel Dumas ? (Dumas is our next best ball player with Aubusson to Storm & Rovelli to Warriors)
7. Brett Finch
8. Mark Edmondson
9. Heath L'Estrange
10. David Shillington
11. Ned Catic
12. Nigel Plum
13. Peewee Moke

14. Charlie Tonga
15. George Rose
16. Steve Meredith
17. Lopini Paea

18. Troy Malcolm

2 True Blues

Coach
Newtown have some good juniors too mate. They will add some depth as the Roosters will also have an extra team apart from Reserves to choose from, in that Jets have a Jim Beam side as well.

Check out the P/l and Jim Beam cup tables. Not only will the partnership save the Roosters money, it will also add extra depth.

Wobbygong

First Grade
While Anasta's a good player, he won't fill the hole Freddy left, that bloke was a once in a generation player.

tye

Juniors
I think you will find that the sharks have already raided the quality players that the jets have......

supersaint

Juniors
Don't be suprised if Edmondson starts on the bench ;) he will go well for you guys he'll just need bedding in.

Daza_06

Juniors
I don't think any of these players are going to be at the club nxt year

Ben Hannant (Brisbane Broncos)
Gavin Lester (retirement)
Ned Catic (released)
Peewee Moke (Cronulla Sharks)
George Rose (Manly Sea Eagles)

But you do have John Doyle who you haven't put in any of those 2 teams

Daza_06

Juniors
I reckon this will be the Roosters team for 2006

1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Amos Roberts
3. Ryan Cross
4. Iosia Soliola
5. Joel Monaghan
6. Braith Anasta
7. Brett Finch
8. Adrian Morley
9. John Doyle
10. Anthony Tupou
11. Craig Fitzgibbon
12. Chris Flannery
13. Ashley Harrison

14. Richard Fa'aoso
15. Craig Wing
16. Adam Schubert
17. Charlie Tonga

Soward should be in there somewhere but i don't know were to put him. Stuart won't have Finch in Premier League that is the reason i put him in at Halfback. Wing off the bench will be used as an impact player. And i think that Soward should be in the Halfback spot but i just can't see Stuart dropping him to Premier League

Man our team looks heaps strong and as supersaint has already said Edmondson will start on the bench for sure all reports say he is a real goer with Mauley and Harrison theres a whole lot of grit in our forward pack not to mention Mr Endurance( Fitzy) and Hard running ball players like Tupou.Our junior base is becoming massive now thanks to Newtown as 2 True Blues has already stated and to top it off all eyes won't just be on Finch he'll stick with his short kicking game now and we'll probably look to Anasta for our 40/20's No i have to say it's all looking good on paper for next season after this one has been simply a year of rebuilding in which we didn't play real well as a team and only just missed out on the Semi's.
EAST4EVER WORD!

Daza_06

Juniors
Does anyone agree with me that Craig Wing should start off the bench and be used as an impact player. Put John Doyle in as hooker if he is good enough or otherwise bring in Heath L'estrange. Wing could come on and be the impact player with his dummy half runs on lazy defenders further into matchs.

D

Deleted member 10972

IMHO, Daza you're 100% RIGHT about Wing. We need a tough, tackling hooker-forward to start the game for us, & for a while Crocker was the ideal man. In that situation, WIng could be utilized in the PJ Marsh mould to great effect. The only players this year in the NRL who suited the 'defensive hooker' bill (Crocker was rarely ever utilized there, even though he played Origin at hooker) are Monty Betham (he's average at best), Piggy (not the best defender or passer although he can run like hell) & Dean Young (IMO the ideal player required by the Roosters as a starting hooker...tough defender, strong running as a backrower, & solid kicking/passing game). Now that Crocker's gone, L'Estrange might soon fit that role if he bulks up, but i don't know about Doyle.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Fa'aoso will not be anywhere near First Grade next season. He would be behind Shackleton and Plum in the pecking order.. finch will be playing for Newtown and Soward in First Grade..

OVP

Coach
Daza_06 said:

7. Brett Finch

:lol::lol:

And whats even worse, you put our best player ON THE BENCH.

NO SOUP FOR YOU !!

Daza_06

Juniors
OVP said:

And whats even worse, you put our best player ON THE BENCH.

NO SOUP FOR YOU !!

so you are tryin to say that Wing is your best player. He is on the bench for a reason not because he isn't good.

strong_latte

Juniors
LeagueFanNumeroUno said:
Guys...i'm really sory to say...the way Braith is playing at the moment...our team looks pretty average next year. Jason Cayless is a huge loss, & Crocker going means that our pack lacks mongrel. Even Souths team looks stronger. Our PL & JF players will really need to step up to prove to everyone if we have depth.

Main Team:

1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Amos Roberts
3. Ryan Cross
4. Iosia Soliola
5. Joel Monaghan
6. Braith Anasta
7. Jamie Soward
8. Adrian Morley
9. Craig Wing
10. Anthony Tupou
11. Craig Fitzgibbon
12. Chris Flannery
13. Ashley Harrison

14. Richard Fa'aoso
15. Mickey Paea
16. Adam Schubert
17. Ben Hannant

18. Michael Lett

Thats a pretty good team if you ask me! What is it weak compared to?

pantherz9103

First Grade
Daza_06 said:

1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Amos Roberts
3. Ryan Cross
4. Iosia Soliola
5. Joel Monaghan
6. Braith Anasta
7. Brett Finch

8. Adrian Morley
9. John Doyle
10. Anthony Tupou
11. Craig Fitzgibbon
12. Chris Flannery
13. Ashley Harrison

14. Richard Fa'aoso
15. Craig Wing
16. Adam Schubert
17. Charlie Tonga

Soward should be in there somewhere but i don't know were to put him. Stuart won't have Finch in Premier League that is the reason i put him in at Halfback. Wing off the bench will be used as an impact player. And i think that Soward should be in the Halfback spot but i just can't see Stuart dropping him to Premier League

Braith and Brett - two hacks in the halves. John Doyle - lol

D

Deleted member 10972

Personally, Monaghan has underperformed for mine this year. A bit like Cannings at Parramatta, loads of potential but failed to show. Amos began like this, but ending up with 16 tries to his name at the end of the year, & vastly improved his defence compared to last year. My solution? Push Cross out to wing, give him a go out wide, & bring Flannery into the centres. Last year, in a friday night game against the Dragon's, Flannery was destructive in the centres, with his strength, size & ball skills aiding him.

1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Amos Roberts
3. Iosia Soliola
4. Chris Flannery
5. Ryan Cross
6. Braith Anasta
7. Jamie Soward
8. Adrian Morley
9. John Doyle or Heath L'Estrange
10. David Shillington
11. Adam Schubert
12. Craig Fitzgibbon
13. Ashley Harrison

14. Mark Edmondson
15. Charlie Tonga
16. Craig Wing
17. Anthony Tupou

I also want a look in at this Anton LaVin, is he any good? Is he a speedster of a powerhouse back? Maybe he could replace Monas?

Latest posts