What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our worst player from last season?

roopy

Referee
I'm usually pretty upbeat about all our players - but I'll pinch this thread from the cronulla section - just to get a few posts.

The worst player who made firstgrade last year was Todd Bates - they tell me he was once NSW U17 captain - I hope Kade Snowden never falls into as big a hole as Bates has, because Bates has nothing - everything he does is predictable, and done in slow motion.

The worst player in Premier League was Justin Taylor. He did the worst attempt at taking a bomb ever when at fullback - and dropped every good pass thrown at him when the line was open - Manly can have him.

keeney

First Grade
regular starter, id have to say hughes, aside from his final 2 or 3 games he was shocking, he made about 1 line break all season, and scored 4 tries, didnt get 1 until we versed the dragons the first time, at cnetre he wasnt fast or strong, at fullback he was better, but only in terms of being safe

mrford61

Juniors
Yes Hughes was dissapointing but maybe a bit affected by injury? Idont know.

I may well get howled down but I have some reservations about Quinn. Young and fully fit, I thought he was dissapointing.

Spike

First Grade
roopy said:
The worst player in Premier League was Justin Taylor. He did the worst attempt at taking a bomb ever when at fullback - and dropped every good pass thrown at him when the line was open - Manly can have him.

I think you mean Jarred Taylor, but I don't blame you for trying to forget him :lol:

I can't think of a regular first grade player for the Knights who I would label the worst player last year. Bates was pretty ordinary and I can't stand Tim Maddison, he had very little impact.

roopy

Referee
Maddison was a waste of time on the field - but I noticed he was at every Premier League game sitting with the injured players and was doing a lot of talking - or to put it another way - he seemed to be doing the job of being a senior guy for our young forwards to learn off.

With Anthony Quinn - I think people forget how young he is. We had 10 guys make their firstgrade debuts last season - but I'm pretty sure 8 of those 10 were older than Anthony Quinn who already had a season of firstgrade behind him.

I did mean Jarrod Taylor - he is easy to forget - I don't think he will ever be one who comes back to haunt us in the future.

keeney

First Grade
mrford61 said:
Yes Hughes was dissapointing but maybe a bit affected by injury? Idont know.

I may well get howled down but I have some reservations about Quinn. Young and fully fit, I thought he was dissapointing.

injury definetly played a part in it, but he was so flat, slow and lacking penetration, he did play well the last 2 or 3 games, cowboys, dragons, and raiders. Parsons managed a few shockers as well, the raiders game in rd 24, you could basically chalk up our loss to him, mistakes from him resulted in the first two tries. Quinn had a shocker in rd 1, tahu in rd 2+3, i cud go on but i cant be btohered

keeney

First Grade
everyone turns out bad games that you remmeebr more than the solid ones, doesnt makethema bad player, i do however prefer hall to quinn, but like them both more than josh smith, who incidentally is a year older than tahu, which i wudnt have picked

antonius

Coach
Tim Maddison, complete waste of time signing him, did nothing in any of the games I saw him in, spent most of his game time walking around with his hands on his hips. Hughes was very ordinary, he will need to have a vast turn around in form to get back in first grade this year. Yeh Jarrod Taylor, hopeless at everything he did. Someone mentioned Parso, I think his days are numbered, too slow, too predictable, and injury prone, trouble is we don't have a lot of depth in the prop department at the moment. I think a fully fit Woolnough, and Perry should be our starting props, with Matty Parsons starting on the bench.

Jeez I dont know about Hughes
Scored 2 of the the best thought out tries by going the short blind against the warriors and in the same game scored a try from 25 out individual work.He stood tall that game
But...I do think he may have to fall on the sword this year :oops:

keeney

First Grade
matty parsons should be gone after this year, the club would be insane to resign him

roopy

Referee
Parsons blew out to 130kg at one stage last season - probably because he couldn't train properly with back and groin problems - but i have heard he is claiming to be the fittest he has ever been right now (except for the finger of course). I think he could do a Fairleigh and have one golden season to finish off with - fingers crossed.

northey

First Grade
quinn was great last year although he did have some injuries and he did score 10 tries if i am right
but i would have to say that the most disappointing player of last season was tim maddison i saw him play at the penrith newi match and he ws terriable there was better talent on the prem team
although it is hard to say there was others that were disappointing as there was many injuries last season and you could say everyone that had an injury was disapointing. so that would mean joey, bk, tahu, quinn terriable injury..., parsons, simo, rudder, bot gidleys, robbie o... he had a shocker of an injury....and many more people

~knights~

Juniors
roopy said:
The worst player who made firstgrade last year was Todd Bates - they tell me he was once NSW U17 captain - I hope Kade Snowden never falls into as big a hole as Bates has, because Bates has nothing - everything he does is predictable, and done in slow motion.

Seen him working the front desk @ Wests the other day,lol and read later that he's gone to the rosellas.

aqua_duck

Coach
I think Hughes wins hands down if you consider value for money and experience and everything, the bloke had the worst game I've ever seen from a fullback against the Wests Tigers, got beaten atleast 5 times one on one and 3 of those were by 2nd rowers, you also have to think about the amount of money he is getting paid to play like a corkscrew.

keeney

First Grade
if hughes deoesnt step up hell be cut fro carmont or richo, ubt if he is anything better than average hell be straight up there based on hages lpaying favourites, and going for experience

Alex28

Coach
Maddison was a waste of space but we would never have got him if it wasnt for injuries to other players.

Hughes had many more bad games than good last year - was rediculously slow and made some woeful defensive errors. just not good enough for NRL. I dont believe he will ever be cut from the club though - he's one of Joey's mates - his contract is safe...

Rudder? wake up to yourself. He went alright in the forwards...far from our worst.

Latest posts