What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Over to you Wayne Bennett

Bazal

Post Whore
Ghoulies said:
Curious decision by the review committee. If the evidence implies that Ennis was feigning injury (diving), why not charge him?

Possibly because, whilst it was a blatant dive, no one ever really took it seriously...and the fact that Moi Moi probably was a second or two later than they'd like. I do think they should have done something though, especially given he did roll around clutching his head when there was no contact at all. I guess, essentially, he has been warned...

Bazal

Post Whore
icewind said:
ennis a former dragon. nuff said. As a whole the culture isn't to dive and its not surprise that Ennis originates from south of the tweed anyway. As they say, you can take the boy out of nsw......

Yes, because diving is exclusively restricted to NSWelshmen :roll:. I suppose, then, that means grappling is endemic of QLDers, given it originated at the Storm who are mostly QLDers :roll:

_Johnsy

Referee
here is a pic of what wayne's face would have been like, when he realised he had just made a complete ass of himself with those stupid hypocritical comments :lol: :lol:

_41113716_bennett_gi.jpg

_Johnsy

Referee
I wonder if wayne will be big enough to retract his comments in any way shape or form ?

I think not.

I highly doubt Jarryd Hayne took a dive, he got his head in the wrong spot, which on a brick wall like Thaiday would hurt a lot and can cause serious neck damage.

Ghoulies

Bench
Bazal said:
Possibly because, whilst it was a blatant dive, no one ever really took it seriously
Why investigate it then? Seems like a fruitless exercise. If I were a conspiracy theorist, I'd suggest that it was investigated so that Bennett was made to look a hypocrite after publicly criticising the judiciary in recent weeks (which, unless Bennett comes out with a helluva rebuttal, it will have succeeded in). But it's a good thing I'm not a conspiracy theorist.... :sarcasm:

Y2Eel

First Grade
Ghoulies said:
Why investigate it then? Seems like a fruitless exercise. If I were a conspiracy theorist, I'd suggest that it was investigated so that Bennett was made to look a hypocrite after publicly criticising the judiciary in recent weeks (which, unless Bennett comes out with a helluva rebuttal, it will have succeeded in). But it's a good thing I'm not a conspiracy theorist.... :sarcasm:

He dived worse then hayne :lol: It was basically a shut up you idiot Wayne msg...

They attacked Hayne... Lockyer goes and says its not in our culture :lol: GOLD, They look like bitter asswipes...

Bazal

Post Whore
Ghoulies said:

With this judiciary, nothing would surprise me :crazy:

KempoKnight

Juniors
icewind said:
ennis a former dragon. nuff said. As a whole the culture isn't to dive and its not surprise that Ennis originates from south of the tweed anyway. As they say, you can take the boy out of nsw......

your an idiot

forward pass

Coach
Bennett has no crediblity in these issues!

He bitches and moans about certain rules and the game generally and when he has a chance to make a contribution to changing them at coaches meetings/conferences - he can't be f**ked turning up - not once.

If you aren't interested Wayne then just shut the f**k up !!!

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Wayne's a legend.

No one can stir up the Brisbane/Parra rivalry like he can, as is clearly demonstrated with this bruhaha.

And at least he's bringing further attention to a disgusting culture which is creeping more and more into our game.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Desert Qlder said:
Wayne's a legend.

No one can stir up the Brisbane/Parra rivalry like he can, as is clearly demonstrated with this bruhaha.

And at least he's bringing further attention to a disgusting culture which is creeping more and more into our game.

What is the point of stirring up after you have already lost? Pretty stupid by Wayne IMO.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
having now seen the hayne incident once I dont agree that he dived. he got trampled by thaiday and looked injured from where i was sitting.

you do see certain players diving when they get slapped but i dont think hayne did. Havent seen the ennis incident but if anyone in the broncos team was gonna do it, it would be him....

Slackboy72

Coach
I can't believe I'm gonna cheer the sharks on but WB just reminded me why brisbane is one of the most hated clubs in the comp.