What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Over to you Wayne Bennett

Glen

Bench
Funny how the only dive in this game was a Bronco.

Hayne dished up some nice payback for Bennett and Petero's disgusting attack on his character a few weeks back.

Kid Dynamite

Juniors
Because you can't win premierships, you choke on big occasions and when your not doing those things your being over hyped after one win and losing the next week. The common theme through all these failures is laughter ie people laughing at your club. When people talk about Parra they don't do so with respect they usually do it with ridicule. Your club is a joke. Thats why you should feel some form of shame.

bartman

Immortal
Fathead said:
According to Channel 10 News, The Match Review Committee has investigated Michael Ennis for Diving in a tackle by Fui Fui Moi Moi.
The MRC considered the tackle in which Ennis was hit on the shoulder but held his head and laid on the ground.

The MRC decided not to proceed with the matter.

The 'Hayne' incident was deemed not worthy of an offical look.

Over to you Wayne Bennett, perhaps a PUBLIC statement regarding Michael Ennis and how his behaviour is detrimental to the game of Rugby League.

I think Wayne has a lot to give offer league but the old saying of "Put Brain into gear before running off at the mouth" comes to mind.

:clap: Time to call it quits Wayne, before next year when the Broncs slide out of the top 8 under your watch.

Glen

Bench
Kid Dynamite said:
As for the Broncos we'll battle on doing the little things the Eels just can't like playing with pride, winning comps etc. Next year we will be raging hot favorites to win the comp as we'll have a full side on the park and take out what should rightfully been ours this year. I'd start asking yourself who you'll be losing to come week 2. Next year your looking good to miss the 8 considering your losing Tahu and will only get weaker.
You don't let in 68 points if you're playing with pride, regardless of injuries you pick up during the game. That's called surrender and it was the softest display I've seen in a long while

Kid Dynamite

Juniors
Hahaha mate that can happen with any side it was one of those days. However we have been playing above our weight for about 6 or 8 weeks now. Could you even name one gutsy effort by the eels this year. You'd struggle. Thats not really what your clubs about though is it.

Big Pete

Referee
Pretty sure Ennis suffered a shoulder injury from that hit and was sidelined for six weeks.

So much for that dive.

Not sure about Boyd because I missed it; however if he dived what a punce and honestly doesn't deserve to wear the Broncos jersey.

As for Misty Bee bahaha, enjoy the win you're still pathetic as ever but enjoy the win.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Big Pete said:
Pretty sure Ennis suffered a shoulder injury from that hit and was sidelined for six weeks.

So much for that dive.

wake up

Ennis was clutching at his head when he dived. there was no contact with his head when shown on replay yet he put on a big act that nobody bought.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Kid Dynamite said:
Because you can't win premierships, you choke on big occasions and when your not doing those things your being over hyped after one win and losing the next week. The common theme through all these failures is laughter ie people laughing at your club. When people talk about Parra they don't do so with respect they usually do it with ridicule. Your club is a joke. Thats why you should feel some form of shame.
Mate if we stopped to care what other people think of our club we'd be listening to dimwits like you.

While your club has spent most of its life taking the talent from an entire state and using it to win Premierships, the Eels junior base has been supplying the teams in our state. That's something to be pretty proud of I reckon.

While the likes of Wayne Bennett and Bruno Cullen are constantly pushing there own agendas, our officials have always thought about the game first. That's something to be proud of too.

Whilst other teams are happy to win by whatever methods necessary, it's part of the culture at Parramatta to play with the utmost respect for the game. That's something to feel proud about.

We've never broken the salary cap (or even the secondary cap) and we've never needed outside support to keep our club afloat. I'm pretty proud of that too.

When it boils down to it, until the salary cap was enforced properly (only since the Bulldogs scandal) you guys should have won every comp. You had an Origin team FFS! Even since the cap you have been able to keep players on low money because they can get more endorsements in a one-team town, and because Queensland is home.

Anyway, now the Cowboys have taken your mantle as the best Queensland team, and the Titans are on the way up, you'll be back to the pack with everybody else.

Big Pete

Referee
El Diablo said:
wake up

Ennis was clutching at his head when he dived. there was no contact with his head when shown on replay yet he put on a big act that nobody bought.

Pretty sure he was lying down then the trainer came over. Mind you he still got injured in that tackle either way he was hurt.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Jeez.

Ennis took a dive. It was clear as day.

So did Boyd today. It was right in front of me.

These quotes ring a bell Broncos fans:

"The rules are there to protect players when they're genuinely injured, not to give your side an advantage when you're under the pump."
Hmmm would you consider being trapped on your line with your oversized meathead forward pack unable to get back onside "under the pump"?

"You talk about ethics in a lot of sports, I'd like to think in our sport if you weren't injured you don't lay on the ground," he said.

"And to see him get up and carry on after was pretty disappointing to me."
Hmmm Boyd looked pretty good to me when he got up and played the ball.

Not to mention all that crap about the culture of the club. It's time the Broncos stopped thinking of themselves as the guardians of the game and took a look in their own backyard. Or maybe they have and all they see is the Cows and Titans.

bartman

Immortal
Broncs only finished two points ahead of the Titans this year... wouldn't be a good look for Wayne to come third among the Qld teams next year.

Big Pete

Referee
Yet the Titans didn't lose their key personnel for the season.

I think Bennett is quite fine with the effort the club has put in while key personnell has been injured.

lucablight

First Grade
Kid Dynamite said:
Hahaha mate that can happen with any side it was one of those days. However we have been playing above our weight for about 6 or 8 weeks now. Could you even name one gutsy effort by the eels this year. You'd struggle. Thats not really what your clubs about though is it.

Yes you've had injuries to key players but your team managed to field a near international forward pack. Last year the Eels won 9 in a row with basically their entire front row injured and that was an arguably inferior side to the one that the Broncos are fielding now.
How many finals matches did the Broncos lose in a row before finally winning the grand final with half the QLD origin side?

Meanie

Juniors
lucablight said:
Yes you've had injuries to key players but your team managed to field a near international forward pack. Last year the Eels won 9 in a row with basically their entire front row injured and that was an arguably inferior side to the one that the Broncos are fielding now.
How many finals matches did the Broncos lose in a row before finally winning the grand final with half the QLD origin side?

Take Smith, Finch, Riddell, Hayne, Inu and Marsh away then tell me how the Eels score points? The Broncos have faced an equivalent situation the past 2 months. Forwards are there to get the metres, not set up the tries. Even an elemantary knowledge of rugby league would tell you that.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Whinge whinge whinge!

We wuz robbed!

I'm sure even senile f**knuckle Bennet wouldn't use the 'we won more comps' crap. If that was such an issue regarding yesterdays match, they wouldn't bother playing!!!!!

The Titans had Prince and Rogers with long stints on the sideline.

KD, you are more out of your depth than a tadpole in the Pacific Ocean. I know that one day when your balls drop and you get hair down there, when you can cross the road without holding Mummy's hand, when you get your pen licence and don't have to sit in that special seat in the back of Dad's Leyland P76, and when your undies are no longer disposable, you might be able to learn to have adult conversations.

Until then, f**k of to the kindy roomwhere you belong.

_Johnsy

Referee
Big Pete said:
Yet the Titans didn't lose their key personnel for the season.

I think Bennett is quite fine with the effort the club has put in while key personnell has been injured.

FMD

the broncs are the only club to have suffered serious injuries to key players for prolonged periods. Otherwise they would win the comp, no seriously.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Who have Brisbane had? Heather? Berrigan for a few games, and cutie? Oh yeah, Spongebob mattresshead as well.

LOL. Excuses.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Broncos are just lucky the Sharks threw away that game against the Tigers 3 weeks ago or they'd be on mad Monday right now...